#1381 Elias 2662

Elias 2662

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:14 PM

Slightly OT:
Bruins, when the Thrashers and Panthers play each other, who do you root for?
"If you're not first, you're last" - Reese Bobby (might as well have been said by Lou Lamoriello)

#1382 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:32 PM

Slightly OT:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

usually panthers...but honestly i know more about the thrashers. It really depends its a struggle....almost always it depends on standings...

but for just me being a pure fan. panthers take the lead over the thrashers.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#1383 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Slightly OT:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He roots for one of his other 28 favorite teams.

#1384 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,598 posts

Slightly OT:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

C'mon, that's easy, he roots for the Bruins! Or is it the Preds? Could be the Canucks! :dance:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#1385 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

Damn, I was beat. I shoulda skipped the damn banana that took an extra second to post!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#1386 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:54 PM

Bruins, if the Thrashers put Holik on a scoring line, they're dumber than I thought. Look at how well that worked in New York. Holik is at his best when he's given a definitive role, specifically as the shutdown center who players hate to go against. If the Thrashers picked him up for his offensive play, that's their business, but I think it's a mistake -- and highly unlikely.

Derek followed Holik's escapades with the Rangers; see what he has to say about Holik's optimal role on a team.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#1387 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:08 PM

Bruins, if the Thrashers put Holik on a scoring line, they're dumber than I thought. Look at how well that worked in New York. Holik is at his best when he's given a definitive role, specifically as the shutdown center who players hate to go against. If the Thrashers picked him up for his offensive play, that's their business, but I think it's a mistake -- and highly unlikely.

Derek followed Holik's escapades with the Rangers; see what he has to say about Holik's optimal role on a team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think he was brought in for pure offense i think the expectation of him is to be THE shutdown center, while playing on a scoring line with kovalchuk.

I'm probably wrong the more i think about it. But i just see holik gaining some sort of offensive role with the thrashers.

Hartley is a great coach and i trust him. I drew up lines, but the more i think about what you guys say about the guy and what waht he did in new york, the more i think my previous opinion is wrong....so my bad. meh.

He'll probably center the third line and stefan will play with kovalchuk or something. What i honestly fear is that kovalchuk is going to be on the revolving line game again like he was last season. His wingers ranged from kozlov, robitaille, aubin, vigier, and petrovicky throughout the season and i'm probably forgetting somebody. People say that kovalchuk is a shoot only guy, but all those guys he was next to, ex out kozlov, really improved because they were next to kovalchuk, each of them had their best streaks of the season next to kovalchuk its kinda hard to say why, but they seemed to play with an extra notch when they were next to ilya.
Posted Image

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#1388 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:40 AM

I didn't like Modry when he was here, but hes got a lot better since then.

#1389 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:40 AM

Ahonen update:

Both Eurohockey.net and Cory Brolund's free agents page are reporting that Ari has indeed signed with New Jersey. No confirmation as of yet from TSN, Sportsnet, or the Devils.

Edited by Rowdyfan42, 22 August 2005 - 10:41 AM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#1390 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 11:14 AM

(aha ! Maybe Moustic Holmes don't write another stupid message Posted Image )

#1391 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:26 PM

According to TSN, Selanne signs with Anaheim.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#1392 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:22 PM

Anaheim? They have little cap room. He couldn't have gotten much.

Holik should be a checking center bruins. Atlanta hasn't had that in the past. Hartley should use him to match-up. That's when he's effective.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1393 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:23 PM

Selanne should just retire a Duck....since the Jets are gone.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1394 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:46 PM

i agree manta. Just one swan season and go before he embarrasses himself further as a fading star.

731, i know. stefan has played checking center for 2 years now actually, and i know you've barely seen him play so don't say he's "hardly a sufficient one". he has his troubles with inconsistency but he's one hell of a good defensive center, especially for his age.

i don't know exactly what hartley will do, but i'm betting he'll put stefan next to kovalchuk and holik with mellanby.

something like.

kozlov-savard-heatley
kovalchuk-stefan-randomplug
aubin/vigier-holik-mellanby

that way there is great scoring punch at the top 2 and a 3rd line that is good for 20 goals from 2 players and has defensive punch.

i'd like to see stefan become the thrashers true shutdown man once holik goes or whatever, because he really has great defensive potential, but we'll see what happens in the end.

kovalchuk has never had a consistent center his entire career or consistent off winger, the closest he had was heatley for a season and a half. But heatley is better when he's shooting more, and hartley knows this. Kovalchuk has exceled his entire NHL career, but has yet to find somebody who he has brilliant chemistry with. It will be interesting to see how he does when he finds somebody he can really gel with...and say what you will about him being a puckhog or an individualist, its no coincidence that vigier, robitaille, aubin, and petrovicky all exceled and had their best stretches of the season, and seasons in general, next to kovalchuk. I'm not saying he's a play maker or a great set up guy, but it seems to be that guys with average talent, grinders, or goon guys excel next to him.
Posted Image

#1395 KarlovyVary

KarlovyVary

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:07 PM

Excelling in terms of assists? Anyone can look nice if he passes a puck at Kovalchuk and he ends up scoring.

#1396 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

Vigier scored a few highlight reel goals last season and they were all while kovalchuk was on the ice. he had this one stretch last year that was like 5 goals in 7 games or 4 goals in 4 games or something? That was next to kovalchuk

Petrovicky had twoor so streaks where he was scoring just under a goal a game and they were also next to kovalchuk. he had 16 goals and 31 points when he was previously just a goon who's most points in the NHL was 14.

robitaille put up a career high 39 or something points next to kovalchuk as well.

Edited by bruins4777, 22 August 2005 - 04:14 PM.

Posted Image

#1397 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:30 PM

i didn't notice this....travis green got signed to a 2 year deal by the bruins!!!!!
he was great for us, why toronto put him on waivers i'm not sure, he was fantastic for the bruins last year....but the only thing is, this kinda makes a glut at center, and now its thornton, zhamnov, scatchard, green, boyes....it will be interesting to see what happens. nonetheless green is a very capabale 3rd or 4th liner.

flyers also did 4 more minor league signings.

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...y.asp?id=134255
looks like i'll be watching jamie storr when the phantoms come to town....ick.
i'd rather watch this beauchimen character, o well, we'll see what happens.

they kept ryan ready though! that guy is great.

Edited by bruins4777, 22 August 2005 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

#1398 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:17 PM

Rangers sign Jarkko Immonen. He was part of the Leetch deal and should be a Ranger come October. Man. I'm excited! They are getting so many guys signed :dance:!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/ne...y.asp?ID=134246

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#1399 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:39 AM

Hossa and Senators avoid arbitration

Canadian Press
8/23/2005 11:11:19 AM

OTTAWA (CP) - The Ottawa Senators have avoided salary arbitration with Marian Hossa by signing the star forward to an $18-million US, three-year deal.

A source said Hossa will earn $5 million this season, $6 million in 2006-07 and $7 million the following season.

The Sens and Hossa were scheduled to go to arbitration Tuesday morning if a deal wasn't reached.

Hossa, 26, had reportedly wanted between $5 million and $6 million a year while the Sens were hoping to pay him less than $4 million.

The Slovak recorded 36 goals and 46 assists in 82 regular-season games in 2003-2004. In 467 career games, he has 188 goals and 202 assists.

#1400 KarlovyVary

KarlovyVary

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:20 PM

Wow....

I'm going to go cry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users