#161 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:46 AM

Bruins, buddy -- breathe.

I swear, you make it sound like every day is the worst day ever.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#162 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:47 AM

I think DM was referring to the implication that your having to work until 10pm would cause you to miss news of trades, and that's yet another thing that would make your day terrible.

#163 Patrick Sundstrom Ghost

Patrick Sundstrom Ghost

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:49 AM

That is a great signing by Atlanta, they needed someone like Bobby up front to help with their kids.

He will flourish there.

Atlanta and Columbus two of the best young teams coming up, watch them both this year.

For anyone who does not think Aucion is worth the money he signed for, you did not watch him play, he and Kenny Johnson basically played every minute of the game for the Isles, he was in the top 5 d the last year, no doubt about it. I don't know why he signed with Chicago though, unless they are going to try and win for once, but maybe they promised him that.

If Modano goes to Boston, does that mean they are more likely to deal Thorton? I heard their offer to him was not to his liking, hummmm.

I am worried about Anaheim taking Scotty, that's what the TSN guys said the other day, I think now, that is the only team I am really worried about, well, Calgary too.

I hope whoever said Vancouver is not going to be able to sign him is right, if not, then add them to the top of the list.

If Burke will do it, I trade Friesen yesterday for Rob, do it Lou, do it now!!!!!!!

I am so happy Lou drafted my ghost's son, I did not even know he was my ghosts son until today, but now he is one of my favorite Devils, and you know he will become a player, you just know it B )

#164 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

I think DM was referring to the implication that your having to work until 10pm would cause you to miss news of trades, and that's yet another thing that would make your day terrible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

o no, i just hate working. :D
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#165 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Am I the only one who can't wait to see Frankenholik in the Thrashers' horrible, horribe 3rd jersey? :lol:

#166 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:50 AM

Am I the only one who can't wait to see Frankenholik in the Thrashers' horrible, horribe 3rd jersey? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have some weird thoughts Iggy

#167 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:51 AM

...I'll take that as a "yes."

What can I say, I'm at work and going a bit stir-crazy.

#168 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:51 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And hear him talk about how he didn't sign for the money but an opportunity to do what he always wanted to do: "Teach younger players."

LHRB
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#169 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:52 AM

...I'll take that as a "yes."

What can I say, I'm at work and going a bit stir-crazy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

know what you mean, i work at a grocery store. so i'm a cashier, my friend just visits me for signings, so i won't miss anything when i work, i just don't like dealing with people.
Posted Image

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#170 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:56 AM

Madden is not making 3.86...he's making less than that I believe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope.

3.86 is correct

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blueskirt, I've heard an interview with Madden where he says it's not. Because of certain things in the contract, like deferred $$, which doesn't count against the cap, and team bonuses, which were declared invalid by this CBA, he said the amount that was actually going against the cap was $2.4 million. Maybe he's wrong. But I'm just saying that there is a discrepancy, reported by the player himself. This is why I said in another thread that we really have incomplete information about what the cap number currently IS for the Devils, because we have no idea how contracts are structured and, in fact, most players are no longer eligible for even individual bonuses. Team bonuses are certainly gone. And who knows whether individual bonuses were stricken from EXISTING contracts for non-eligible players with this CBA. If so, everything we see on those salary charts may be way over-inflated.
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#171 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:01 PM

Bobby Clarke just said in his press conference he is done with the FA market. He also confirmed the Markov trade for a third rounder. Hatcher, Sim and Rathje and Therien all signed.

Edited by DevilMinder, 02 August 2005 - 12:04 PM.

#172 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:03 PM

Well I thought I read somewhere that he had $6.5 million to spend, and I imagine signing those 4 players pretty much kicked that amount.

#173 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:06 PM

whew therien is only gonna be a depth guy, thank god.
Posted Image

#174 DevsRule

DevsRule

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:19 PM

If Burke will do it, I trade Friesen yesterday for Rob, do it Lou, do it now!!!!!!!

Anaheim would never take Friesen back.
ELIAS IS BACK

#175 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:21 PM

Anaheim would never take Friesen back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You never know. Everything is different there now, owner, GM, coach, and even most of the players!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#176 DevsRule

DevsRule

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:31 PM

I think Rob is way overrated anyway. I would rather have and underachieving Friesen than Rob Niedermayer.
ELIAS IS BACK

#177 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,155 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:36 PM

I think Rob is way overrated anyway.  I would rather have and underachieving Friesen than Rob Niedermayer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree ive never been a big fan of Rob

#178 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:36 PM

Steve Yzerman signs One-year deal with Detroit Red Wings per sportsnet.ca

Edited by DevilMinder, 02 August 2005 - 12:37 PM.

#179 Patrick Sundstrom Ghost

Patrick Sundstrom Ghost

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:39 PM

I think Rob is way overrated anyway.  I would rather have and underachieving Friesen than Rob Niedermayer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um, would you rather have Scott or Friesen?

Yeah, that's what I thought, do it now Lou!!!!!

I can't stand Friesen to begin with, but to keep Scott we have to try everything.

I like Rob too, I think he if used correctly can be an excellent addition to any team.

However Burke won't do it, he wants to sign Scott himself :blink:

#180 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:42 PM

Flyers pull a 'Hatcher' job

The Broadstreet Bullies look to return to their bruising ways, as they sign three wide bodies on defence.

Sportsnet.ca -- The Philadelphia Flyers weren't able to lure Adam Foote into the fold, but Bob Clarke has still managed to beef up his blueline.

Sportsnet has learned the Flyers have agreed to multi year deals with big defensemen, Derian Hatcher and Mike Rathje.

Both men are listed at 6'5, 235 lbs, so clearly it's the Flyers intent to get bigger.

But Philadelphia didn't stop there, adding a third towering defensemen in re-acquiring 6'5 Ottawa native, Chris Therien, the Flyers seventh choice in the 1990 NHL draft.

The Flyers have called a 1pm ET media conference to unveil their additions, with sources telling Sportsnet it will include a fourth player in forward Jon Sim.

Hatcher is 33 and very recently became available after becoming a casualty to the buy-out process at the hands of the Detroit Red Wings, along with former teammates Darren McCarty and Ray Whitney.

31-year-old Mike Rathje was drafted 3rd overall by the San Jose Sharks in 1992 and has played his entire career in San Jose.

Hatcher was injured for most of 2003-04 season, playing in just 15 games for Detroit and amassing four assists.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHA, they brought that pylon Therien back? Flyer fans probably are jumping off the Ben Franklin Bridge over that one. Hatcher is past his prime, but Rathje is a solid signing for them. You can count them out of the Nieds sweepstakes now.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users