• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jfirestone

jfirestone

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:34 AM

Hi Folks! I am brand new to the board, but a long time Devils fan. As you all know by now, there are a bunch of games being broadcast on FSNY2 which DirecTV does not carry!!! There are 2 Devils vs Rangers games right at the beginning of the season which will not be seen by any of us! The CenterIce package blacks out local games, so this is not an option either! I emailed DirecTV about it yesterday and this was the response.

Dear Mr. Firestone,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but we don't carry Fox Sports NY 2 right now. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management.

Thanks again for writing and please stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our service.

Sincerely,

Monaliza
DIRECTV Customer Service

PLEASE! EVERYONE THAT HAS DIRECTV WRITE TO THEM AND MAKE THE REQUEST! If we are lucky we can get it added soon enough to not miss any of our teams games!

Email Form Page

Phone Number: 1-800-494-4388

Gaming Paradise for Mature Gamers - SeasonedGamers - mostly Xbox (360 soon!)

#2 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

I asked someone I know, (from a NY office) who may have information on this. His reply regarding DirectTV & FSNY-2:
"I am pretty certain DTV will carry it among the RSN channels, they have extras for alternates - you'll have to channel surf in the 600s on those nights."

#3 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, FSNY2 is not a "real" channel. It only exists when there is an overflow game. DirecTV will stash the game somewhere just like cable companies will.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#4 jfirestone

jfirestone

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:37 PM

Seriously??? I hope that's true! I was wondering what all of those Regional Sports Alternate channels were - none of them ahd anything on them. I will keep my fingers crossed! Thanks!
Gaming Paradise for Mature Gamers - SeasonedGamers - mostly Xbox (360 soon!)

#5 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:48 PM

When I had Directv they used teh RSN channel when there where sox and Bruins games on at the same time since DTV didn't carry the station the Bruins games were on.

#6 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:51 PM

:o I can't beleive bostondevils pic has me craving pyssbeer!! :wacko: I can't wait to go to a game.... Posted Image
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#7 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:59 PM

:o  I can't beleive bostondevils pic has me craving pyssbeer!!  :wacko:  I can't wait to go to a game....  Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MMMMMMMM Beer. I can't wait to drink $2 Brubakers at Sully's tap before the Devils Bruins game.

Posted Image

#8 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,591 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:18 PM

Who is that?
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#9 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:20 PM

Who is that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my post me.

#10 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,591 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:21 PM

Who is that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my post me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

B )
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#11 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:19 PM

Hi Folks!  I am brand new to the board, but a long time Devils fan.  As you all know by now, there are a bunch of games being broadcast on FSNY2 which DirecTV does not carry!!!    There are 2 Devils vs Rangers games right at the beginning of the season which will not be seen by any of us!    The CenterIce package blacks out local games, so this is not an option either!  I emailed DirecTV about it yesterday and this was the response.

Dear Mr. Firestone,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but we don't carry Fox Sports NY 2 right now. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management.

Thanks again for writing and please stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our service.

Sincerely,

Monaliza
DIRECTV Customer Service

PLEASE! EVERYONE THAT HAS DIRECTV WRITE TO THEM AND MAKE THE REQUEST! If we are lucky we can get it added soon enough to not miss any of our teams games!

Email Form Page

Phone Number: 1-800-494-4388

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sh!t, I have DirecTV and I didn't even know there was a FSNY 2. I'll have to call them. That really pisses me off.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#12 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:21 PM

It's an overflow channel, nothing more.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#13 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but we don't carry the ESPN Deportes and the FSNY- 2 right now. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management.

Be sure and stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our service.

Sincerely,

Lilibeth
DIRECTV Customer Service

Yadda Yadda Yadda..... :angry:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users