• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PaNJD

PaNJD

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:42 PM

I was just on the Rats website. Ari Ahonen wasn't on the roster. Is he pissed Clemmensen beat him out for Martys back up and was traded?

Edited by PaNJD, 04 October 2005 - 02:42 PM.

#2 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:53 PM

It would appear they're in the process of updating the roster as we speak.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:08 PM

I thought there were rumors that Ahonen wasn't happy not being in the NHL, maybe he is thinking about playing in Europe instead now that he failed to make the Devils?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

Why don't we wait for the Rats' web goober to finish updating the roster before we jump to any conclusions, okay? :)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#5 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:39 PM

I wasn't jumping to conclusions, I was just stating a thought. Can you say for sure he isn't thinking about playing in Europe? Supposedly he thought about it before training camp even started. So it is a possibility and something to think about when it comes to his future with the Devils if they have to worry about him possible spurning north america for europe at any point.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#6 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

I am going to throw out a question for some of the more knowledgable posters here, didn't think this deserved its own thread so here it is: Do you feel that it would be beneficial to trade Ahonen for another prospect or a draft pick? I doubt he will ever get a chance to play for the Devils and I was wondering if we could get some value for him before he bolts to Europe or just rots away in the minors. Also if they do trade him, what do you think the Devils could realistically get in return?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#7 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:32 PM

The Devils might've been able to get something for him back when he was drafted, but today, forget about it. It seems like everybody's got a couple of goalie prospects nowadays, and his stock has fallen due to the bad teams he's been on. I'm surprised Lou managed to convince him to come back this season; I thought for sure Ari was a goner back in the summer when he signed in Finland.

#8 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

Maybe if Ari does well this year we could trade him for something but right now I think they are going to hang on to Ari because Doyle is horrible.

#9 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

If nothing else, Ahonen will be kept because I don't think the Devils would completely trust Clemmy to carry the load if the situation called for it...

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#10 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

Clemmensen is an extremely inconsistent goaltender. He might be suited for a backup role because of that, but if he has a couple of bad games, I don't see Lou having a high tolerance for it. Ari still has a shot, IMO.
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#11 Fidgetess

Fidgetess

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:59 PM

Clemmensen is an extremely inconsistent goaltender. He might be suited for a backup role because of that, but if he has a couple of bad games, I don't see Lou having a high tolerance for it. Ari still has a shot, IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's interesting because I always thought of Ari as the inconsistant goalie, and Clemmer as a much more even player. Maybe it's just because Ari's high and low are so extreme. :noclue:
Kool-Aid free since 2006.

#12 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:52 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's interesting because I always thought of Ari as the inconsistant goalie, and Clemmer as a much more even player. Maybe it's just because Ari's high and low are so extreme. :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno, Clemmensen just always seemed bizzare to me, especially while handling the puck. He might have better numbers than Ahonen, but I've always thought as Clemmer as being the inconsistent one. Not to say Ari is really consistent, though. Clemmensen just seems unreliable at times, and I think if Ari has a good defense in front of him, he can be great. But so could Clemmensen. But that's my opinion, but right now, they are both pretty much a wash.
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users