• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:35 PM

almo did good.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#342 MissionHockey

MissionHockey

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

OH

MY

GOD

I LOVE HOCKEY
NJDevs keeper of Zach Parise

I just want you all to notice me and people to see
that somewhere deep down
there's a decent human being in me
It just can't be found
So the reason you are seeing this me
Its cuz this is me now
the recent dude whos being this mean }:-)

#343 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

Just got back, everything has changed no more score-0 human bowling instead.

no more zamboni races 3-D race to CAA. Graphics were pretty cool. Even though they rig the race so the contestent wins his Rhino Records Pac (Genesis, INXS etc.) New Daktronics board is great, but it took me half a game to figure where the penalty time was on it. :doh1:

Hopefully the players get used to these calls some of the penalties the Devil just breathed on the Penguin. :o

Some chants Rangers Suck (of course) Marty's Better, Parise's Better, and Overrated (at Crosby).

Edited by Rock, 05 October 2005 - 09:40 PM.

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#344 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:41 PM

We heard the Parise's better chant on TV. that was awesome by the fans. I wish I could have made it tonight, damnit!

#345 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:51 PM

wow you heard that chant...sweeeeeet..

i had a blast.. i cant read this thread now.. but i was psyched.. i was drunk period 1.. but i did catch the goals anyhow.. i sobered up for period 2 and couldnt have asked for a better game 1

YAY devs
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#346 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:52 PM

Just one gripe, Almo passed up a great chance to shoot the puck in the third. I hope it was because he was trying to feed Brylin and not due to his hip bothering him. Nobody was on him in the upper slot.

#347 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,864 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:58 PM

I ditto everything Rock said....

The little Devils: Brylin, Gionta, and Gomez were flying.

McGillis sucks.

Matvichuk is the real deal. Great signing Lou.

The chicken steal by Gionta, and the rebound bang home will be a year long highlight. What a f-ing goal!

And anyone who touches Maria, in any way, gets 2 minutes.

I don't care for the new NHL.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#348 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

Kozlov = superstar

Great win by the devils. Langs played bas as well as Mcgillis but on the whole it was a good game. It's a shame Brodure didn't get the shutout he deservs it.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#349 olesha

olesha

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

Check out the great beginning to this story ....

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- With the hockey world watching, the first-round draft pick lived up to all of his expectations and more with a goal and two points in his first NHL game.

Sidney Crosby, it wasn't.

Zach Parise, New Jersey's first-round draft pick in 2003, scored a power-play goal and assisted on one of Brian Gionta's two goals in an outstanding debut that led the New Jersey Devils to a 5-1 victory over Crosby's Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday night.

http://sports.espn.g...ameId=251005011

Parise's better!!!! :boogie: :hail:

#350 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

We heard the Parise's better chant on TV. that was awesome by the fans. I wish I could have made it tonight, damnit!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totaly didn't hear that!!! Thats awesome(and true) :D
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#351 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

Sigh, a dig at the attendance, yup must be an Devils article.

#352 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:07 PM

Just got back... good game but way too many penalties (19), I ran out of room on the scoresheet for them lol. Favorite chants were, "Zachie is better", "Parise is better", "Overrated"(reffering to Crosby). Nice to see G, Brylin, Parise, Brodeur, and Mogilny have good games.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#353 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:10 PM

Kozlov = superstar

Great win by the devils.  Langs played bas as well as Mcgillis but on the whole it was a good game.  It's a shame Brodure didn't get the shutout he deservs it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

superstar haha guess i watched a different game
Posted Image

#354 L

L

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

I'd also add that Madden and Malakhov played really well.

Edited by L, 05 October 2005 - 10:22 PM.

Posted Image

#355 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:20 PM

I forgot to mention this, during warmups Mario straddles the center red line at the face off dot. He was facing his own net not really participating in the drills. So what Devil goes to the Devils' side if the line and stands with his back inches from Mario's?

John Madden! B )

Btw Madden didn't move away until Mario did. :D

#356 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:20 PM

Short thoughts, 'cause I'm exhausted from the game. Very tiring after waiting so long!

Hooray for the Devils PK squads. Fantastic job killing off 5-3s, some of which were BS.

Langenbrunner couldn't catch a break. Penalized twice (not the best calls from where I was sitting), didn't draw a penalty when he should have, and just barely missed the net on a beautiful setup and shot.

Mogilny looked like a guy with a hip replacement. Very slow.

Kozlov played very well, except when he tried to stickhandle his way through everybody. Nice passes, good moves, really works well with Parise and Gionta.

Parise is, of course, the real deal.

Gionta was kickass.

Brylin looked like a first line LW tonight. He was everywhere.

Gomez didn't get a lot of ice time tonight, mainly 'cause he was riding the pine in the first due to all the Penguin PPs.

McGillis did not have a great game, but he wasn't horrible.

Matvichuk I didn't see much of; meaning he had a good game. An EXCELLENT shot block at one point.

Rafalski had some great moments, and some real brain lapses.

Martin was shaky, but saved a goal with one of the shots he blocked.

The 4th line did just what it needed to.

ALL HAIL MARTIN BRODEUR for tonight's game. Without him, the Penguins score at least 4 goals in the opening 10 minutes of the first period.

Maybe I'll add more tomorrow. Right now, I'm very, very drained.

Oh yeah, and the mini-cups are kickass. :evil: So in the last two weeks, my loot has been 2 (crappy) Devils shirts, 2 (mediocre) Devils hats, a mini-Cup, and an autographed Rafalski stick. Schweet.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#357 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:24 PM

Kozlov played well!!!???
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#358 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:24 PM

Just got home, great game to be in attendance.

The chants were great, I loved every minute of them...even better was the drunk guy in front of me starting most of the chants. :wub:

May I say that McGillis was awful tonight? He should NEVER NEVER NNNNNNEVER be put on the powerplay EVER again, he screwed up every chance he got. Ugh.

Marty was unbelievable.

Parise was incredible.

Brylin is the man, and for those who think Freeze should have been kept over them -- may I laugh in your face? :P JK

Let's see...Malakhov played well, Matvichuk was shaky, White had a cannon of a shot, Martin looked a bit nervous. Our forwards looked like they had a helluva lot of fun out there, good for them. Gionta was on fire tonight, good for him. Gomez was crazy, and I thought Kozlov had a very good game.

Without reading the entire thread, I don't know what to think of all the penalties called, but it friggen felt like the refs were just TRYING to give Crosby chances at scoring. A Devil so much as BREATHED on a Pen, he got penalized. Very annoying.

Didn't see anyone from the board other than Has and Joe...great to see them, hopefully I'll see some more of you at the game on Saturday!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#359 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:25 PM

Well everyone was wondering how Marty Brodeur would do with the new rules, no Stevens and No Niedermayer. I was wondering as well. Usally he faces 17 shots in a game and he faced that in the first period alone. 36 saaves in total. When was the last time Marty played where he had to make more than 35 saves?

Well after 1 game, Brodeur showed he doesn't need great defenseman to play well. He was fantastic.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#360 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:27 PM

Im watching LOST on TIVO and holy crap smack in the middle the NHL buys a commercial (the one w/the girl getting the warrior out to the ice) Is this marketing theyre trying ? That spot must of cost a pretty penny...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users