11 replies to this topic

#1 lgmamazin

lgmamazin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

What does everyone think of the organizations move not to name a captain and to go with three players wearing an A? just wondering?
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparartion, hard work and learning from failure! Colin Powell!!! This is what Devils Hockey is all about

Posted Image

David Wright

Posted Image

Jose Reyes

Posted Image

Mets Future!

Mike Pelfrey

#2 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:42 PM

this is what happens when your captain to be eats a feces burger at a siberian airport.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#3 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

I wouldn't mind if they go with 3 A's simply because this team is full of leaders and role players. Normally I am for a C and 2 A's but this is a unique situation.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#4 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:15 PM

agreed, this time. if they were a younger team it would be different.
this squad can play for awhile without a definite C.
going into the playoffs though, it would be better to have one.

#5 MartinBrodeurNJD#30

MartinBrodeurNJD#30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:54 PM

It makes sense.
Posted Image

Martin Brodeur #30

#6 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:55 PM

this is what happens when your captain to be eats a feces burger at a siberian airport.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: I think Elias will get the C when he returns.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#7 CaptainScotty

CaptainScotty

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:39 PM

No way, I think Madden should get it. No doubt, Elias is a gifted winger who comes to play almost every night, but who embodies the Devils' lunch pail ethic and team first attitude better than John Madden?

Besides, Elias smiles too much to lead this team. Need a fairly serious man for the job... he definitely gets an A though

#8 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:57 AM

Little G! :clap:
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#9 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:07 AM

give it to Matvichuk, I hear that giving the "C" to free agent defenseman is the trend these days. :rolleyes:
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#10 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:14 AM

Why not Brylin for captain? :boogie: He is the only remaining skater (non-goaltender) from the 3 Stanley Cups. He is always overlooked and under appreciated. He did score the first and last goals against the Pens. Nice "book ends". He is steady, reliable and under the radar. If no C for him, at least make Sarge an alternate.

Of course Marty is always going to be the unofficial captain since goalkeepers can't be captains....I think.

Edited by hattrick, 06 October 2005 - 06:17 AM.

Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#11 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:37 AM

I don't see the big deal in the rush to name a captain anyway... geesh!!

most important thing here... leadership is not determined by a letter on your jersey... it's more a symbolic thing and a face of the team kinda thing, and in that way it kinda makes sense to NOT have a captain... I like the faceless idea for this team

(but all that aside it better be Madden if someone gets it!!)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#12 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:39 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats GREAT!!! :rofl:
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users