204 replies to this topic

#81 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:46 PM

When I was like 5 years old in 1994/95, I somehow came into the possession of a Jeff Beukeboom hockey card. He was on the Rangers, so I showed it to my best friend, and asked him who his favorite hockey team was. He said the one with the N in their logo. I then became a Devils fan.
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#82 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:41 AM

It was January of 1988 and I was 10 years old. My dad came home from work and said he was taking me to a Devils game. I never watched a hockey game in my life (we didn't have cable) and didn't know anything about the sport but I was excited to just be going to a game. They were playing the Leafs that night. We ended up sitting in 216, which was an incredibly lively section. We went back and forth with 217 doing a "tastes great!" "less filling" type chant as well as a "Last place Rangers!" chant, heckling two Rangers fans that were in the next section. (I guess the Rangers also made a run for the playoffs that year since they were neck-and-neck with us in the end). Anyway, Johnny Mac got a hat trick and the Devils won 7-3. I was hooked for life and remember the huge buzz the team got in the playoffs that year. Since I was still young and not driving, we went to a game or two a year for the next few seasons, but in 93-94 my dad got the six pack plan and I would also go with to games with a family friend who was a season ticket holder and I'd buy the half price $14 ticket and just move down with him in 223. I probably went to 30 games that year and the only playoff game I've missed since was for my senior prom in 1995. If I wasn't so damn lazy I could have submitted a ton of stories for that book....
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#83 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:24 PM

The 1995 Cup run, when I was 5, my dad had been a fan since the team came from Colorado, and he got my interested by buying what was then called SportsChannel (and became FSNY). I was hooked from the first game I saw on TV, and I was a diehard by the time I went to my first game (vs. Buffalo in '96).

The 1st game I saw on TV was against the Islanders. All I remember was that Tommy Soderstrom fought Corey Schwab. But I've been a diehard since, and I get to 3 or 4 games each year and watch every game with my dad.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#84 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:52 PM

The 1st game I saw on TV was against the Islanders.  All I remember was that Tommy Soderstrom fought Corey Schwab.  But I've been a diehard since, and I get to 3 or 4 games each year and watch every game with my dad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at that game :) Schwabby beat the crap out of Soderstrom. If I remember correctly, Kasparitis got his hand skated on during that fight and cut pretty severely.

#85 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:47 AM

I was at that game :) Schwabby beat the crap out of Soderstrom. If I remember correctly, Kasparitis got his hand skated on during that fight and cut pretty severely.

It was some dude with the number 3... I keep wanting to call him pylon :P... I can't remember it... but I remember what happened... Guerin PLOWED him behind the boards... a fracas ensued... in that fracas said number 3 was on the ice and got his hand skated on (ouch)... and then Soderstrum sees this and gets in there to get him OUT... Corey sees this and from 200 feet away is doing the Slapshot strip routine so he has all his stuff off as he barrells down the ice and opens a king-size can o'whip-ass on poor Soderstrum who NEVER saw it coming

the true tradegy in this game was the fact that Schwabby was pitching a shutout at the time too :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#86 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:05 PM

It was some dude with the number 3... I keep wanting to call him pylon :P... I can't remember it... but I remember what happened... Guerin PLOWED him behind the boards... a fracas ensued... in that fracas said number 3 was on the ice and got his hand skated on (ouch)... and then Soderstrum sees this and gets in there to get him OUT... Corey sees this and from 200 feet away is doing the Slapshot strip routine so he has all his stuff off as he barrells down the ice and opens a king-size can o'whip-ass on poor Soderstrum who NEVER saw it coming

the true tradegy in this game was the fact that Schwabby was pitching a shutout at the time too :P

If I remember correctly .. that was a Saturday afternoon game... and he (Corey) got traded that Mon .. :o
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#87 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:47 AM

LOU.
He never mixes words and isn't a tool like Clarke.
His no one is bigger than the team attitude.
I was born in NJ lived there for 14yrs. Moved to Pa and have had to follow the Devs thru the eyes of Philthy papers. Until I got the internet in 99 and then centre ice in 01.

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#88 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

It would be great it we could get the video of that. I remember seeing it, but i cant find it anywhere online.
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#89 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:18 PM

LOU.
He never mixes words and isn't a tool like Clarke.
His no one is bigger than the team attitude.
I was born in NJ lived there for 14yrs. Moved to Pa and have had to follow the Devs thru the eyes of Philthy papers. Until I got the internet in 99 and then centre ice in 01.

Totally unimportant but it's never minces words...
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#90 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:20 PM

He never mixes words either. Lou doesn't say much. :D
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#91 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

He never mixes words either. Lou doesn't say much. :D

True true :evil:

:unsure: OK this is weird but...
You're eggs need paprika... they look incomplete :saddevil:
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

#92 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:11 PM

Woa... - I just noticed that sign under the eggs... ADMIN... impressive....
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

#93 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:19 PM

PK: Yeah, you're right.

El D: You mean you like the sign or you just realized I'm an admin? :evil:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#94 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

Yah I dont remember you fracking up that first week :lol:
I meant thats a mighty big ADMIN - I think it should have flames... but were soiling this fine thread going :offtopic:
Posted Image

#95 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:27 PM

mix mince :blahblah:

you're not my 9th grade english teacher Mr Corbit are you?
:D

PK: Yeah, you're right.

El D: You mean you like the sign or you just realized I'm an admin? :evil:

That figging ADMIN sign is huge needs to blink.

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#96 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

If I remember correctly .. that was a Saturday afternoon game... and he (Corey) got traded that Mon .. :o

Nope cause Schwabbie was at the Tip a Devil Dinner that month, and I asked him what he was thinking and he got kinda pissed at me :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#97 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:41 AM

:unsure: OK this is weird but...
You're eggs need paprika... they look incomplete :saddevil:

Only a woman would notice that!! ( or a hungry Dog!)
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#98 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:41 AM

I love Deviled eggs!

#99 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

El Diablo Likes deviled eggs too .. but his wife wont make them .. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#100 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:52 AM

El Diablo Likes deviled eggs too .. but his wife wont make them .. :rolleyes:

El D, just noticed that the eyes in your avatar move... never nrealized that before....
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users