14 replies to this topic

#1 IhatetheFlyers

IhatetheFlyers

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:13 AM

Is it me or were they about to fight durnig that flyers game?

#2 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:18 PM

I swear they are drunk or high every time they get on camera. It's a sideshow.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#3 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

I swear they are drunk or high every time they get on camera. It's a sideshow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I agree. Sometimes it's funny, but most often it's watching a trainwreck.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#4 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,568 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:41 PM

I never think fight I always think schtick. Sometimes it hits most times not.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#5 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:22 PM

It really is massive groan time.

And Stan's "windup" takes about 30 seconds, you can see the collision course long before RD's trainwreck actually happens.
Keeper of Patrik Elias, Alexander Mogilny and njdevs.com Keepers

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#6 LZZo

LZZo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

It really is massive groan time.

And Stan's "windup" takes about 30 seconds, you can see the collision course long before RD's trainwreck actually happens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So true, it is almost as bad as Larry Merchant.
Posted Image

#7 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:59 PM

don't mess with lucky duck.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#8 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:58 PM

i love matty laughlin and the maven's intermission shows. They are amazing, because either they are amusing with their bizarre chemistry, or they are absolute train wrecks with the maven going off on stupid meaningless tangents. So no matter what you will be entertained, because really what's more entertaining than a train wreck?
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#9 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:05 PM

Its rare that they agree - so with that already in place its kind of amusing to hear Matty put a coherent thought about the previous period or play only to have Stan start "What are you talking about ?" or "Are you insane? " :P
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#10 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:42 PM

Its rare that they agree - so with that already in place its kind of amusing to hear Matty put a coherent thought about the previous period or play only to have Stan start "What are you talking about ?" or "Are you insane? " :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea even during the Flyers game the other night during intermission they were discussing the tying goal, they both said that it wasn't a goal, but they were still arguing over something. Even when they agree they argue. :lol:

I do wish they would be more serious though, sometimes it's ridiculously stupid.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#11 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:18 PM

Stan always strikes me as someones grandpa. You know, the one that tells dirty jokes when grandma isn't around and sliips you some whiskey at dinner.

Matt just seems like the type of guy who cracks bad jokes but honestly thinks he's funny.

I think i could hang out with Stan but I think i'd deck Matt in minutes
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#12 rbdf

rbdf

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:23 PM

i like matt, he's actually a pretty capable announcer/intermission host, but god, stan just makes me ill - i'd guess that 95% of the time i change the channel when i see him coming

#13 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:23 PM

Its actually enjoyable that they just don't see eye-to-eye.

Stan is very headstrong in his opinions and Matt will honestly ask him to elaborate or just make him validate it if he thinks he's wrong. I think this is so much more refreshing the having two "yes" men.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#14 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:10 PM

These two are clearly a sideshow act, always have been, but I completely agree with halfshark ... it's one entertaining train wreck with ridiculous segues, stupid arguments and Chuck the Duck. It's hilarious.

I also love Stan's train-wreck interviews with the coaches or Lou Lamoriello, when he asks ridiculous questions, and he gets that "are you serious?" look. I loved when he asked Pat Burns about playing Jim McKenzie on the power play. Is that good TV or what? :lol:

#15 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:49 PM

I also love Stan's train-wreck interviews with the coaches or Lou Lamoriello, when he asks ridiculous questions, and he gets that "are you serious?" look. I loved when he asked Pat Burns about playing Jim McKenzie on the power play. Is that good TV or what? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you thought that was funny you should have seen some of the post-game Bruins press conferences Pat Burns had answering some of Kevin Paul Dupont's insanely stupid questions. Talk about hilarious stuff!
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users