• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 devilsofnj

devilsofnj

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:24 PM

What do you guys think of him and his performance in the nhl?

#2 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:15 AM

I'm not a Devil fan but I am very impressed by this guy. He's a great skater and playmaker and has great hockey instincts that you can't teach. Love how he goes to the net too. He always seems involved.

One thing I couldn't understand Saturday was why he only received 12:16 of ice-time. He deserved more based on what I saw.

And that's coming from me. Just wait till you get Elias back. Their top two lines are going to be scary.

They'll have a choice of reuniting the Egg line or keeping Brylin and Mogilny with Gomez and putting Elias with Parise and Kozlov or Gionta.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#3 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:51 AM

so far...impressive for a smaller kid
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#4 jfirestone

jfirestone

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:07 AM

I have been pretty darn happy with what I have seen so far. He looks like he should be really good! He has a great nose for the net, fast and sneaks in where you don't expect to see him!
Gaming Paradise for Mature Gamers - SeasonedGamers - mostly Xbox (360 soon!)

#5 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:29 AM

I'll agree with the previous posters.

I do think that he'll be up and down. He had a great opening night. In the Flyer game he was invisible and in the Ranger game he was buzzing around making plays but didn't get on the scoresheet.

For a young "smaller" kid, I think the bigger players and long schedule are going to take a toll on him.

He has the talent to succeed at this level already. How good? I won't try to guess since (1) I'm not the best judge of hockey talent and (2) too early.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#6 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:15 AM

If the "new" NHL keeps up, I think the line of Elias-Parise-Gionta has SCARY potential. They could outskate and outwork any team in the league.
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#7 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:59 PM

He rocks.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#8 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:09 PM

:wub:
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#9 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:05 PM

One thing I couldn't understand Saturday was why he only received 12:16 of ice-time. He deserved more based on what I saw.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He did, but the Devils took way too many penalties in that game and the Rangers were double shifting Jaromir Jagr all game long. I believe I watched Jagr out on the PP for the full two minutes more then once in that game which means more ice time for John Madden and the Devils checking line.

Derek, do you have any concerns right now over some of the younger Rangers players having their development negatively impacted by the overreliance on guys like Nylander, Straka, and Jagr?

Edited by Unthinkable, 11 October 2005 - 06:06 PM.

"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#10 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:17 PM

He did, but the Devils took way too many penalties in that game and the Rangers were double shifting Jaromir Jagr all game long.  I believe I watched Jagr out on the PP for the full two minutes more then once in that game which means more ice time for John Madden and the Devils checking line. 

Derek, do you have any concerns right now over some of the younger Rangers players having their development negatively impacted by the overreliance on guys like Nylander, Straka, and Jagr?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really Unthinkable because the guys who play hard are getting chances. Our PK is mostly made up of those younger players. And Renney has not been afraid to try a Moore or Betts, Prucha or Ward on the power play.

Jagr is going to get a lot of ice-time because he's their best player. When you look at their roster, there aren't many skilled guys on them. So, when they're down late in games, that's going to happen.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users