#1 LŁZZo

LŁZZo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

http://www.nhl.com/n.../01/251792.html

All 54 games of both the menís and womenís hockey tournaments will be seen live on the networks of NBC Universal. This will mark the first time in U.S. television history that the entire Olympic womenís tournament will be televised. All Team USA hockey games and the gold medal games, both menís and womenís, will be broadcast commercial-free and in their entirety. The womenís gold medal game will air live on Presidentís Day, Monday, Feb. 20, on NBC. The menís gold medal game will air live on the final day of Olympic competition, Sunday, Feb. 26, on NBC.

"Our hockey coverage is a fan's dream come true, every U.S. game will be seen commercial free and in its entirety," Ebersol said. "Die-hard fans should mark their calendars for Wednesday, Feb. 22. It will be the single greatest day in hockey - all of the game's biggest stars will compete in the men's quarterfinals as the world's eight best teams all face off."

Bill Clement, the former NHL All-Star and "NHL on NBC" host, will host hockey coverage on USA, MSNBC and CNBC, his fourth Olympic broadcast assignment and third for NBC. Ray Ferraro, an 18-year NHL veteran and "NHL on NBC" studio analyst, will provide analysis alongside Clement for men's games. Cammi Granato, a 1998 Olympic gold medalist and 2002 Olympic silver medalist, will work with Clement for women's games. Ferraro and Granato were married in 2004.

Mike Emrick (play-by-play), John Davidson (analyst) and Pierre McGuire (reporter) will comprise the lead men's Olympic broadcast team. Emrick will pair with AJ Mleczko, a 1998 Olympic gold medalist and 2002 Olympic silver medalist, as the lead team on women's games, with McGuire reporting.

NBC HD
The Torino Games will feature the most high definition coverage in Olympic television history. For the first time, Olympic HD viewers will see a simulcast of the analog broadcast - same time, same broadcasters, same graphics - but in High Definition and in 5.1 surround sound.

Figure skating, hockey, long and short track speed skating, ski jumping, freestyle aerials and moguls, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies will all be broadcast in 1080i high definition because those venues in Torino are wired for high definition coverage by the host broadcaster. From those venues where the host broadcaster is unable to provide a high definition signal, a 16:9 signal will be upconverted by NBC.

I wonder if HDNet will have the hockey games in HD like they did in Salt Lake?

Edited by LŁZZo, 10 January 2006 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image

#2 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:33 PM

Sweet deal! Go USA!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#3 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

I will be in Torino working for el Peacock for their hockey coverage, in the main rink, if I have the time, I will be sure to post anything noteworthy as well as I should have my camera....

I leave next week :)

#4 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:08 PM

What exactly do you do?
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#5 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:23 PM

Right now I'm a Junior at Syracuse, but for NBC im just doing bitch work for credit :) But it beats being in SYR for the semester!

#6 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:31 PM

Ah, three great guys working together.... Emrick, Davidson and McGuire.....

I'm quite pleased.... I'll be able to see some good games that I usually can't see (ie women's Sweden vs Finland).
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#7 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:56 AM

Sounds really good. I hope NBC does the same kind of job with its NHL coverage.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users