155 replies to this topic

#121 DevsRule

DevsRule

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

Brodeur saved the day AGAIN with several key saves in the third and we escaped this one. If we repeat this game performance against the Predators they will eat as alive.

I was thinking the same thing. The devils will get destroyed by the preds if they have a 30 minute letdown like they had tonight.
ELIAS IS BACK

#122 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:21 AM

I was thinking the same thing. The devils will get destroyed by the preds if they have a 30 minute letdown like they had tonight.

I think it's the teams they play (chicago and St. louis) they were playing to their level.

#123 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:25 AM

Puddy -my TIVO cut out right before the EN goal .. :doh1: check yours...

When I record games I always set them to record a half hour past the end time, so no problems here :D
Posted Image

#124 Blackjack

Blackjack

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:57 AM

Hello all, long time no post.

I was hoping you guys might humor me with some instant feedback.

If you can, have a look at the nhl.com splash page. Right now (1 AM EST) it's a picture of the oh-so terribly named EGG line.

EDIT: Apparently, different users see different splash pages, this is the picture I'm referring to:

http://nhl.speedera....ion_308x194.jpg

Looking at the picture, I think I finally hit on a good name: The three Amigos (or Amigos for short)

1. Obviously it refers to Gomez's hispanic heritage

2. It also, I believe, captures some of Gomez's goofy and humorous nature

3. Of course, it also is a good theme for the entire team, with a nice, cohesive connotation

I posted this at HFbards too.

If you guys like it, I'll start to promote it. If not, we'll have to keep using that godawful "EGG"

:puke:

Edited by Blackjack, 18 January 2006 - 01:05 AM.

#125 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:03 AM

Bad win. But in the end its a win and that is all tha matters. BRODUER IS BACK. that is all that can be said for sure. In past seasons we were used to ever once in a while broduer stealing one, now its time for being angrye. For me i dont really care, if we give brodeure a chance to steal one and he does thats all we want. Come playoff time, give marty the chance to win a game, and most of the time he will go ahead and win it.
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#126 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:08 AM

What's so bad about the EGG line?

I seem to recall a certain Avalanche goalie handing away Game 4 to the Devils and keeping Brodeur around long enough to let in some weak goals.

I'd give it to just about anyone given Brodeur's playoff OT record. But, he did win a Gold Medal for Team Canada and has more Cup rings than any active goaltender. I guarantee Ottawa fans haven't forgotten Game 7, for example.

I believe the Gold medal is the biggest reason he got so many votes. That was very special to Canadians.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#127 Blackjack

Blackjack

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:25 AM

What's so bad about the EGG line?

In the higherarchy of line names, you have the truely cool names that cleverly describe the line in some way (Czechmates, A-Line, Legion of Doom, FLY line) then the quirky ones that still get the message across (J-Line, Vowel Line, GAG line, Maddenbrunner) then there are the horrific mash ups that could only come from idiots like Stan Fischler. The EGG line belongs to this last group. It's a horrible name, and I think that even the players on the line have said that they don't like it.

#128 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:29 AM

If you guys like it, I'll start to promote it. If not, we'll have to keep using that godawful "EGG"

:puke:

Like I said in chat a few games ago if anybody comes up with a good name I'll see about letting Gomez know about it.

#129 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:59 AM

Cerberus

I'm holding out hope that that will catch on.

#130 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:01 AM

Cerberus :D
Posted Image

#131 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:51 AM

Like I said in chat a few games ago if anybody comes up with a good name I'll see about letting Gomez know about it.

I really like 3 Amigos- but how about the AmeriCzechs? :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#132 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:55 AM

In the higherarchy of line names, you have the truely cool names that cleverly describe the line in some way (Czechmates, A-Line, Legion of Doom, FLY line) then the quirky ones that still get the message across (J-Line, Vowel Line, GAG line, Maddenbrunner) then there are the horrific mash ups that could only come from idiots like Stan Fischler. The EGG line belongs to this last group. It's a horrible name, and I think that even the players on the line have said that they don't like it.

And I'm sure Elias will be fine with a nickname that celebrates his Hispanic heritage.

EGG Line it is. EGG Line it shall be. They do not crack under pressure! Scramble them, and they are still quite good!

E-G-G!!!!!

Posted Image

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#133 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:22 AM

And I'm sure Elias will be fine with a nickname that celebrates his Hispanic heritage.

EGG Line it is. EGG Line it shall be. They do not crack under pressure! Scramble them, and they are still quite good!

E-G-G!!!!!

Posted Image

<JESTER>

Yum. I like scrambled eggs! Anyone up for an omelette? B )

Nice explanation Jester.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#134 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:57 AM

E-G-G!!!!!

Posted Image

<JESTER>

The guys doin't like the name- if we could find a better name, it should be changed. AmeriCzechs. :D
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#135 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:56 AM

I really like 3 Amigos- but how about the AmeriCzechs? :P

Actually what we could do is make a list of names and make a poll and whoever wins I'll see what Scott has to say about it

Edited by sandman441, 18 January 2006 - 05:01 AM.

#136 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:05 AM

That was absolutely DISGUSTING and DISGRACEFUL. How can we come in against a team that has scored only 7 goals in their last 6 games and give up 3?!?!? Our defence was almost as non-existant as our offence. TWO SHOTS IN THE SECOND PERIOD I HEARD?!?!? TWO?!?! WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!?! AGAINST THE ST. LOUIS BLUES!?!?! THAT IS *INEXCUSABLE*!!!!!! Heads should roll for that dispicable display tonight....

The *TWO* bright spots about tonight:
(1) Gionta continues to roll.... some people may be wanting to change their poll choice.
(2) On the GWG, Brylin fended off ALL FIVE Blues skaters. He was in the zone all alone with five people after and him and he carried them around with him until help arrived... and that lead to the goal. This guy is all heart. The Russians would be very wise to add him to their team. Then again he does nothing for the Devils so we should get rid of him ASAP.

Don, this game kind of reminded me of the old Devils. Not the ones from earlier in the season, but the old Devils. Think about the last 4 games. They shut out Philly and Vancouver, but have to go to a shootout against Chicago and then fall asleep and give up a 3-goal lead to the worst team in the league. Look good beating the good teams, have problems with the bad teams. That's the OLD Devils. The ones who used to drive us nuts even when they won.
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#137 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:42 AM

AmeriCzechs has got to be the cheesiest name I've ever heard. Jester's defense of EGG tells you all you need to know about why EGG rocks.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#138 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:23 AM

Until a better name is accepted I guess it's the EGG line.

EGGs don't do anything to anything but EGGs can be cracked, broken, dropped, cooked, mixed into, poached, scrambled, hard boiled, soft boiled. over easy, over hard sunny side up and made into omelettes.

I would like a new name and soon.

#139 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:33 AM

Reminds me of the ad campaign a long time ago for eggs, The incredible edible egg! We have the incredible dependable egg. Elias Gomer Gionta are EGGcellent! :evil:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#140 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:30 PM

David Cross standup:

Hennesey Valley Eggs! You gonna love our EEEEGGGGGSSSSSSS!

Finally an Egg for my generation.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users