117 replies to this topic

#1 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:31 PM

Well, it's that time of year again -- the chaos that is American Idol. Last night's show was a bit too much for me, I'd rather have seen a FEW more good auditions. They seem to focus too much on the terrible auditions, it gets old after a while. But damn, Simon has been BRUTAL so far. He's always mean, but this year he seems worse than ever. I couldn't believe it when he actually told that one dude to shave his beard and become a woman...that's just cold IMO. Not cool.

Anyways, I liked that Paris Hilton tanning girl -- the one where Simon asked her about her tan and she responded "my name is so-and-so..,"

Simon responds "Yeah but what about your tan?"
"Hee-hee...well I'm from..."
Simon: "Your tan?"
"Uhh...I'm gonna sing..."

That was probably the funniest part of the show :giggle:

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#2 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:47 PM

The problem with AI is that we have seen so much of it before. I mean bad singers are funny to an extent but they have to be so monumentally bad to be new and interesting now. Someone would need to slug Simon a la Jerry Springer to be interesting.

What I don't understand is why, unless you were *really* good, would you go through the days of waiting and standing in line for two minutes that will most likely not be on TV? They said there were over 10,000 people who auditioned in Chicago yesterday. How many did we actually see on TV? Less than 100.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#3 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

I read an article today about how Kelly Clarkson refused to let them use her songs.. since they need permission from all the people. What an ungrateful bitch
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#4 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:51 PM

I read an article today about how Kelly Clarkson refused to let them use her songs.. since they need permission from all the people. What an ungrateful bitch

See now doesn't that depend on how slave-like her contract was up to this point with AI ??
We don't know that, but I'd bet a safe amount of money they squeezed her records for all they were worth and maybe now she gets a chance to squeeze back and they didn't like it ??

Anything you ever hear or see from her she doesn't seem like the ungrateful diva type :noclue:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#5 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:57 PM

well she got out of her contract.. because of the money they were taking.. but she signed the cotnract to begin with when she joined the show.. if you want to get your chance at fame that way..suck it up..
she got out of it... fired the dude.. and got a new producer or whatever.. and has done great since also...
she has no ties with them in that sense anymore.. but then to say FU to all the viewers who voted for ya.. and say..you wont hear my songs..since it really is for the viewers.. i think is not good.

I have heard that Fantasia is the Nicest idol and only one that hasnt changed... i hate her singing but.. at least she seems like a good person
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"

Tim O'Connor

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

I have heard that Fantasia is the Nicest idol and only one that hasnt changed... i hate her singing but.. at least she seems like a good person

Too bad she can't understand those night words written about her. :ph34r:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#7 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

why cant she understand them?

i wouldnt be able to understand them if she sang them...
oh wait..cause shes illiterate.. i get it..
but dont illiterate people know what things mean.. just dont know how to read them?

ok maybe you were kidding :)

Edited by langsgirl, 18 January 2006 - 09:51 PM.

Tim O'Connor

#8 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

You know what's worse than American Idol??? CANADIAN IDOL!!!! OMG that's freakin terrible!!! :blink:
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#9 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:59 AM

According to this canoe poll, Canadians agree with you Annabelle. CI *sucks*. Star Acadamie is better than that schlock.

-----------------------------------
What's your favourite 'Idol'?
American Idol 20%
Canadian Idol 12%
Billy Idol 68%
-----------------------------------

I voted for Billy. :) Wid dat Rebel Yell!!!
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

Figured I'd bump this since now it's down to the final 24, first four audience cuts this week.

I wonder if Idol will beat the Olympics in the ratings :lol: Probably, the Olympics will concede the 8-10 hours by having the first figure skaters, speed skaters and the bobsled competition and save the highlight skaters for the 10-12 slot :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:10 PM

The Tivo is taking Idol so I am watching the Olympics. They are showing our second ranked skater now. I don't think NBC is going to concede two hours. It can't.

EDIT: And that is what they did. They showed the early part of the figure skating between 8 and 8:30ish and then nothing until now. NBC knows they cannot compete with American Idol.

Edited by PeteyNice, 21 February 2006 - 09:56 PM.

Palin 2012

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

#12 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

AMERICAN IDOL DRINKING GAME

Take 1 shot for every time Randy says:
- "dawg" or "dawg pound"
- "it was just aiight for me"
- "pitchy" (this goes for Paula and Simon too)
- "you worked it out" (obviously, take an extra shot if he appends "dawg" to that)

Take 1 shot for every time Paula sounds like she's either drunk or on drugs. Take an extra shot if she looks heavily Botoxed as well.

Take 1 shot whenever Paula and Simon are diametrically opposed on a contestant's performance.

Take 1 shot for every time Simon gets yelled at by a contestant or booed by the audience.

Take 1 shot for every time Simon makes a disparaging remark about Ryan's sexuality.

Finish off your drink at the end of the show when Ryan says, "Seacrest, OUT!"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Any other rules?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#13 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:11 PM

The Tivo is taking Idol so I am watching the Olympics. They are showing our second ranked skater now. I don't think NBC is going to concede two hours. It can't.

EDIT: And that is what they did. They showed the early part of the figure skating between 8 and 8:30ish and then nothing until now. NBC knows they cannot compete with American Idol.

Yeah plus that's what NBC (and every other network) does anyway, keeps drawing it out, drawing it out so you watch the whole damn show, ignoring that people can lose interest the later you start the main part of your program and want to go to bed :rant: And Cohen was the last skater to go in the competition so it's not like they weren't gonna save that one. I think the top speedskaters were also among the last to go in that competition.

EDIT: Now that I've seen the tape and what they actually had on, I'd hardly call showing the 1500 m 'showing nothing', that was a big deal with this whole Davis/Hedrick thing. I'm surprised they showed the finish at 9-9:30, I thought they'd draw that out too :P

Back to Idol, I did watch that since I figured correctly there'd be next to nothing to watch between 8-10 on NBC, eh like half the singers were boring-okay and half were good. Maybe one or two really sucked (Becky, who the judges were surprisingly lenient with, compared to a couple others). I don't understand how Paris can have such a good signing voice and such a god-awful talking voice :P

Edited by Hasan4978, 22 February 2006 - 06:15 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#14 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:19 PM

Being the last person competing only matters if the event is shown live. When you are showing the whole thing on tape you can put them in any order you want.

For me, I was more interested in watching Sledding and Speed Skating than the figure skating anyway unless I had heard earlier in the day that someone had a massive fall or something which I didn't.

Palin 2012

#15 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:07 AM

I have not watched a minute of this show this season. So based on the mugs on their website I shall put my support behind Becky O'Donohue.

Please don't tell me she's been ousted already, although I'll probably be told she's the worst of the bunch! :P
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#16 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

I watched the entire AI tonight, and i could not tell you anyones names or what they sang...hmmm..I CAN say that Paula Abdul's face looks frightening...like it's about to fall off or something, and why does she feel the need to gush about everyone? Perhaps looking for her next boytoy? dunno..
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#17 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:23 AM

I am talking about this beauty:

Posted Image

Oh those eyes.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#18 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:49 AM

Ooh my friend lives in Dobbs Ferry. DUDE SHE HAS A TWIN SISTER SAMMY. THERE'S ONE FOR EACH OF US!

Anyway, I'm pulling for KEVIN COVAIS. fvck the system!
Posted Image

#19 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:15 PM

Now that I have watched AI, a few comments. They were lenient with Becky because she is hot. Otherwise she would probably not even be this far. The problem I had with last night is that so many people sang simillar bubble gum pop songs. I know that is what AI is ultimately about but at this stage you need to stand out from the field and you can't really do that if you sing the same song as everyone else. Paris was great, Lisa something was good and the last girl that went was pretty good too. Otherwise it was just a lot of the same thing and that is not a positive.

Palin 2012

#20 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:58 PM

I swear, I couldn't tell 95% of them apart -- they all sounded, looked, and dressed alike. The only performance I *really* liked was that one really young black girl with the shorter hair. The other young black girl was good too, but I didn't think she sounded as amazing as the judges made her out to be.

That opera-type girl Stevie was God awful. She better get the boot.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users