117 replies to this topic

#41 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:48 PM

Ya, she looks better on the show than in those maxim photos, same for the sister.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#42 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:25 PM

The rest of their Maxim pics, use caution at work:

http://www.maximonli...nIdolTwins.html

One from their talent agency:

http://www.r-lmodels...kyandJessie.jpg
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#43 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:26 PM

How Stevie isn't getting the boot tonight amazes me. Yikes.

Maxim girl just got sent home.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,045 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

How Stevie isn't getting the boot tonight amazes me. Yikes.

Maxim girl just got sent home.

They still have one more female elimination, no? I think their only comment when they went through Stevie's row was that none of them got the lowest # of votes. Becky I did think was the worst the other night and wasn't even that great in the sing-off :lol: so I'm not that surprised. Stevie wasn't that great herself so her being the other one to go wouldn't surprise me either.

Edited by Hasan4978, 23 February 2006 - 08:35 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:56 PM

That fat guy just got eliminated...Bobby? The terrible Barry Manilow knockoff.

They still have one more female elimination, no? I think their only comment when they went through Stevie's row was that none of them got the lowest # of votes. Becky I did think was the worst the other night and wasn't even that great in the sing-off :lol: so I'm not that surprised. Stevie wasn't that great herself so her being the other one to go wouldn't surprise me either.

I thought they were doing both girls at once when I made that post.

My bets on the other two voted off are Stevie and that Clay Aiken twin dude.

And the other girl sent packing is...

*drumroll*

Stevie!

Aaaaaaaaand the other dude eliminated is Clay Aiken twin.

Man I'm good.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#46 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

Poor Maxim girl. She was better singing after she was bounced than on Tuesday. She was bad but I didn't think she was bad enough that she needed to be dismissed so soon.

I am also dissappointed the first guy got eliminated. Yes, he sucked but at least he tried something different instead of the standard pop song.

Stevie had to go. She was terrible. She was better tonight though, she does not have a terrible voice but that song eeek. You know I really hated her on Tuesday but tonight she was not bad even if the song is still poor.

Same thing with the second guy eliminated. There were worse guys even if he was nothing special.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#47 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:37 PM

At least you could work with Maxim girl.. singing lessons etc.. some of those makeovers are gonna be harsh...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#48 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:17 PM

I was rooting for the Maxim girl but she was pretty bad...oh well, we'll see her elsewhere. She's been on Fear Factor too I believe. She still has Stuff, FHM, and now with a musical "background" she can get into Blender too. Perhaps the sisters will sign up for Survivor and hang out in their underwear all season. :evil:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#49 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:25 AM

Who was the other guy eliminated?
Posted Image

#50 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:30 AM

the big copa cabana guy
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#51 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:13 AM

no who's the clay aiken lookalike? none of them look like clay aiken to me.
Posted Image

#52 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:13 AM

Me either... Patrick got eliminated though
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"

Tim O'Connor

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#53 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:12 AM

Doesn't look like there's much love for Taylor in here. What's up with that?

I had faith in him during auditions, but I'm absolutely sold on the guy after Wednesday's performance. He really nailed it.

Plus, he's not what your typical "American Idol" looks like, so I'd love to see him win.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#54 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

He is my top three..along with ace and chris.

I would have no problem with him winning. And i thought he picked a great song.. personally its one of my favs.

Tim O'Connor

#55 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

Doesn't look like there's much love for Taylor in here. What's up with that?

I had faith in him during auditions, but I'm absolutely sold on the guy after Wednesday's performance. He really nailed it.

Plus, he's not what your typical "American Idol" looks like, so I'd love to see him win.

I said I liked him... the spastic guy :D

Me either... Patrick got eliminated though

THAT GUY DOES NOT LOOK LIKE CLAY AIKEN! A poor man's Sean Penn, maybe, but not Clay Aiken.
Posted Image

#56 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:34 AM

I said I liked him... the spastic guy :D
THAT GUY DOES NOT LOOK LIKE CLAY AIKEN! A poor man's Sean Penn, maybe, but not Clay Aiken.

I know.. I didnt say he looked like clay :)
I see sean penn more then clay for sure.

Tim O'Connor

#57 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:53 PM

My take on the women:

Posted Image
Ayla: One of my favorite performances of the night. I think she's probably going to end up being my favorite of the women, she has a good personality (her teaser about not knowing what foundation was cute) and her voice is only getting better and better. No way she's voted off this week.

Posted Image
Brenna: Awful performance, awful personality. There's a fine line between confidence and cockiness. She's just outright cocky, and she doesn't have much to even be cocky about. She's gotta go.

Posted Image
Heather: Mariah Carey was a dumb choice, but she took a shot. I don't think she'll be voted off this week, but I don't see her lasting ALL that much longer. She's somewhat forgettable.

Posted Image
Katharine: Disappointing. She had one of the top performances last week, and she was B-O-R-I-N-G tonight. I don't think she should be worried yet, though. There were worse than her.

Posted Image
Kellie: Okay, I'll admit it -- I *really* thought she was cute tonight, and I agreed with the judges on her, particularly Simon; she can be likeable, but her voice is average. I think the likeability factor probably will help her for a while, but I don't see her winning the whole thing, not even close.

Posted Image
Kinnik: Forgettable. I didn't remember her performance last week, and I probably won't remember this one either. I think she might be in trouble this week.

Posted Image
Lisa: I really like her. The song started out a little off, but she came on strong and finished it off pretty well. I also really liked her outfit, nothing flashy -- just a wifebeater and jeans. She's dressing her age (or what her age SHOULD be dressing like).

Posted Image
Mandisa: She was pretty good. Not the best, but damn she's powerful. She's going to go far, without a doubt.

Posted Image
Melissa: I thought it was a good performance, but there's something about her I don't like. Maybe it's her weird eyebrows, I dunno.

Posted Image
Paris: Not as good as last week, and I do agree that she needs to start singing a bit more into her time instead of such old songs. I'd like to see how she'd do with an Alicia Keys or Erika Badu song.

#58 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

I agree with RD pretty mcuh about how the signing went. I bounce Brenna and Kinnick if I am in charge. Tonight's ep was really a train wreck. The only thing that saved it for entertainment purposes was Paula. She was very clearly on something.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#59 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:12 PM

I agree with RD pretty mcuh about how the signing went. I bounce Brenna and Kinnick if I am in charge. Tonight's ep was really a train wreck. The only thing that saved it for entertainment purposes was Paula. She was very clearly on something.

Yeah I agree with your picks on who gets the boot. I was going to wait to make all of my predicitons until the guys were done tomorrow, but I might as well say my women's choices -- if it were up to me, Brenna and Kinnik get booted. Tonight wasn't an especially good night, it was overall average. I think the guys are more talented this year.

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,045 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:21 PM

Average might be too kind, Petey's train wreck assessment was closer :lol: Ayla, Mandisa and Melissa were the only ones I liked, Heather and Lisa were okay I suppose, in general there were a lot of really forgettable - awful performances tonight though IMO. I can't really make any predictions over who'll get booted, but I don't think the three I mentioned - or Kellie, Paris or Lisa will get dumped.

Edited by Hasan4978, 28 February 2006 - 11:23 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users