117 replies to this topic

#101 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

I joined two idol pools.. one at my work and one at someone elses work.. i won 20 bucks on week one..and am tied for first for the other pool.

Both pools are based on completely different things..so there is a chance i cans crew one up and still win a lot on the other,.

Excellent that melissa went home first.. helped me a lot
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#102 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,591 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:07 PM

They have Idol pools? Really?
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#103 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:14 PM

ya thats what i was thinking...when my friend asked if i wanted to join hers..i said ok..and then two days later someone at my work asked if i watched and i said yeah and she said.. im running a pool yuou want it.. its nuts..and they are both so different..its kinda funny
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"

Tim O'Connor

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#104 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,591 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:23 PM

I guess it's no weirder than Survivor parties.

#105 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

ya...im not that crazy..haha

jk

i dont really watch survivor..and besides sports ive never done other pools before.

Tim O'Connor

#106 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:38 PM

Gambling within the hallowed halls of primary education institutions? For shame! :burn:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#107 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:49 PM

ya..we are almost as bad as the priests.
:)

at least we dont preach that its bad...

Edited by langsgirl, 20 March 2006 - 09:49 PM.

Tim O'Connor

#108 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:59 AM

Last night was the height of Elliot looking like Mr. Tumnus from Chronicles of Narnia
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#109 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

AHHH stop it...
its an image i cant erase.

Anyhow.. not a country fan.. wasnt impressed with very many people..to be honest..even though they were all pretty boring.. i felt that mandisa, ace and chris' voices were good...
nothing earth shattering though..and katherines voice too, but watchign her try to move was nauseating..
other than that they should all get voted off... well Mr. Tumnus' voice sounded good too.

Tim O'Connor

#110 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:08 PM

I was thoroughly unimpressed with Paris and couldn't believe that Simon thought she was good. That is a very tough song to do but she blew a lot of notes and she seemed to get out of time with the music, IMO.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#111 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:33 PM

Ouch - they made it obvious to me that ace, katherine and bucky were not in the bottom three... all of them have been up before and they wouldnt have separated groups like that if it was them..stupid game!@!

anyhow.. out of those 3 i wish it had been paris..not mandisa... but i was glad it was not elliot..i like his voice.

Tim O'Connor

#112 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

I was looking for this thread last night..anyway......I watched IDol last night and UGHHHHHHHH :argh:

HORRIBLE. Why must people insist on doing the sonf "fancy"? Because you know what people if you aren't REba Mcentire, you're gonna sound like a talentless dipsh!t, seriously. They were all freakin horrible, evey single one. Like they didn't even pick any original songs? If Tomorrow Never Comes? ughhhh and to butcher Keith Urban songs...that made me sad. Wow i'm mean on tylenol cold and flu tablets hey? :o
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#113 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:21 AM

Lisa Tucker Lands on The O.C.
Posted Apr 6th 2006 10:37AM by Anna Johns
Filed under: Drama, FOX, The O.C., Celebrities

Another spring, another prom on The O.C., but this year there's going to be a special guest. American Idol castoff, and real Orange County, Calif. resident, Lisa Tucker begins work on the set of The O.C. next week.

So far there are no details on her role, but you can bet it'll be relatively small. Like a cameo. Maybe she'll be the prom queen. Or, maybe she'll sing. Yeah, I bet she sings. The episode is called "The Party Favor" and there isn't an air date set for it quite yet.

Tim O'Connor

#114 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,591 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:18 PM

So the graytop won. Even a wardrobe malfunction could not help McPhee! Maybe she'll get a deal too.

#115 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:53 PM

The problem is that after that lovely yellow dress they hid her hottness for weeks. Neither of them were too impressive. Commercially it has been all down hill since season 1 and I don't see that changing.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#116 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:02 PM

Is there anyone out there like me, who could give a rat's arse about watching people stand there and sing?

BORING.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#117 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,591 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

Probably a lot of people like you, Jimmy. I didn't watch a minute of this season. I just checked to see who won. Actually, I didn't watch seasons two and three either, and just look at where those winners are! Just one and four...when I watch, the winners succeed! :evil:

There is a new show coming called The One where all the contestants live together throughout (?), that should be interesting.

#118 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:36 PM

I watched it at the gym when I was doing cardio...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users