59 replies to this topic

#21 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:08 AM

So were validating Hamas in this thread ... is that right ?
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#22 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:19 AM

Apart from the whole situation being hopeless, I have found that the view of the situation REALLY differs between countries, continents et.al. Some see the palestines as victims supressed by Israel, others see Israel as the victim of "jew killers" and the only reason for the war is that palestines want to kill all jews and the israelis are trying to protect themselves.

When a war is as long as this one has been and children are raised to hate the other side there is little hope of a fast solution.

oh, and derek:

"I am not going to say who's right here. I wish there was a way for them to coexist. But that will never be because of the Palestinians insane hatred for Israel. It is what it is. It will be going way after we're all upstairs."

aren't you really implying who is right anyway :P

Depends how you view it Swede.

Sadly, that seems to be the case.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#23 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:02 AM

Depends how you view it Swede.
Sadly, that seems to be the case.

There is far to omuch hatred on both sides, and there are certain party's on both sides that want peace. but the longer it takes to reach a peace agreement the more unlikely it becomes, becuasse as someone said many of the children are being raised to hate the other, and the more common that becomes the farther away we get from peace...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#24 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:13 AM

The people voted for the Hamas that built schools for the children and hospitals for the sick. It's hard to vote against a group that is providing education to your child and saved your mothers life.... no matter the evil they have done.

i feel this is a really good point, because the hamas(as terrorist aimed as they are in general) made sure people voted no matter which side they voted for. that led to a 70 plus percent voting rate as compared to the U.S. getting lucky to get 30.

i don't think either is right, but really can all of you guys say you know all of the exact things the hamas have done or do you just know that they've commited terrorist attacks? i know this sounds like i'm defending the killings they've done, but i really don't want to even remotely justify their killing(or any killing for that matter), but there really is 2 sides to every coin and i think in resolving a conflict if you gain a singular view of something as sensitive as this you will never resolve it. and you gain the "we are the crusaders our belief is soley right" mindset that leads to such conflicts and killing.

just my 2 cents.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#25 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:27 AM

Man was Abba Ebban right when he said that the Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

#26 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

No, we're trying to understand why Palestinians would vote for a group we see as nothing but terrorists.
Posted Image

#27 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:31 PM

No, we're trying to understand why Palestinians would vote for a group we see as nothing but terrorists.

we... as in The US and Israel or is the rest of the world included too?
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

#28 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:01 PM

Boy did Great Britain screw things up in the Mid-East. Carving up land without regard to tribal, ethnic or religious groups. Then, just to add to the mix, they decided that, after centuries of British anti-semitism, a homeland for the Jews would be a good idea. I guess they thought they could be proud of that, and they could send their Jews to Israel too.

The Palestinian nation really didn't exist before Israel, so one could say that by creating Israel 2 nations were formed.

Now, I didn't hear much from the Palestinian supporters when Ariel Sharon said that he should have killed Yassir Arafat when he had the chance, but the Israel supporters really jump on anyone who thinks that Israel doesn't have the right to exist. (And why isn't England supporting their own creation?)

RE Hamas:

Democracy is sloppy, and those pesky foreigners don't always elect folks who kowtow to the US policy hard line. It happens, in Canada, Bolivia, Venezuela, even France and Germany.

When a guy like Sharon, who allowed thousands of Palestinians in camps in Lebanon to be attacked and massacred by Christian militias is willing to pull troops out of Gaza, maybe Hamas will step up to the plate and do its part for peace. Lets face it, you can't negotiate if you lay all your cards out on the table first, or take your strongest cards off the table.

Wait and see.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#29 MaddDog

MaddDog

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:08 PM

To clarify a few things...

I don't have sympathy for the Palis when they elect Hamas. Hamas has publicly stated that ISRAEL MUST BE DESTROYED. It appears like the Palestinians are showing the world they do NOT want peace, which is what I suspected might have been the case but was hoping was NOT. Did you guys notice how Palestinian textbooks have PALESTINE and NO ISRAEL printed on them?? :blink: Yeah, no brainwashing at all, eh?!?!??!?!?! I'm not even going to get into the anti Semitic anti Jew hatred spewed in Palestinian classrooms. I just fail to see how the hell you can negotiate with the likes of those who possess an irrational hatred and want you DEAD or GONE. If Hamas gets their sh!t together, renounces violence, AND states Israel has a right to exist, I'll change my mind. Too bad the odds of that happening in my life time are about as likely as pigs flying. Every time they've been offered some sort of state in the past, they balk and bitch. It's because they want Israel to cease to exist!!!!!! So you tell me who's being unreasonable again???

I read that 54% of Palestians in a recent survey claim they want peace... almost half do NOT want it!!!! Tell me again why they should get their own state? And for those who want peace, how do they intend to get it?? By wasting Israel and killing Jews? Negotating in a logical manner and recognizing the state of Israel? There's a lot of ambiguity regarding just WHAT they DO want.

Palestine has never even existed as a country. I don't know my history too well but I thought Palestine was the name for the old home land of the Jews thousands of years ago. Considering Judaism and Christianity have been around much longer than Islam, it seems as though they'd have claim to the land before the Muslims if you are going to argue it from a religious standpoint. The Arabs invaded that region of the Middle East at a later date. Plus many of the Palestinians in Gaza and West Bank are the descendants of displaced Jordanians, Egyptians, Syrians, you get the idea. The Palis are the redheaded stepchild of the Middle East and get greated better by Israelis than by their own Arab 'brothers'. I wonder why the Pals aren't more pissed off at their fellow Muslims instead of despising 5 million Jews. They need to stop scapegoating and take responsibility for their sh!tty plight once and for all.

#30 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:59 PM

Ther are still for the destruction of Israel.

Guess they want more sand to walk in.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#31 brylin18

brylin18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

Palestine has never even existed as a country. I don't know my history too well but I thought Palestine was the name for the old home land of the Jews thousands of years ago. Considering Judaism and Christianity have been around much longer than Islam, it seems as though they'd have claim to the land before the Muslims if you are going to argue it from a religious standpoint. The Arabs invaded that region of the Middle East at a later date. Plus many of the Palestinians in Gaza and West Bank are the descendants of displaced Jordanians, Egyptians, Syrians, you get the idea. The Palis are the redheaded stepchild of the Middle East and get greated better by Israelis than by their own Arab 'brothers'. I wonder why the Pals aren't more pissed off at their fellow Muslims instead of despising 5 million Jews. They need to stop scapegoating and take responsibility for their sh!tty plight once and for all.

please, open a history book before make yourself look any dumber. israel didn't exist before 1948. their "war of independance" was a mad dash land grab with boatloads of eastern european jews shipped in to consolidate colonial europe's last curse on the world.

for you to be stating that the palestinians are anti-semites is beyond idiotic. palestinians ARE semites. most israelies are NOT semites. most of them are descendants of eastern europeans. quite frankly, you are the one being anti-semitic. read a book for god's sake.

#32 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

Palestine has never even existed as a country. I don't know my history too well but I thought Palestine was the name for the old home land of the Jews thousands of years ago. Considering Judaism and Christianity have been around much longer than Islam, it seems as though they'd have claim to the land before the Muslims if you are going to argue it from a religious standpoint.

well, by that reasoning the indians should have back the US... right?

I simply do not get hoqw anyone can see so black/white on the situation. Both sides have behaved, and will continue to behave like "idiots". of course the palestines are going to elect a party that runs on "change and reform" over the one that they have had (that had stolen so much from their people)...

Ther are still for the destruction of Israel.

Guess they want more sand to walk in.

I'm really concerned about that they did not remove that when they decided to enter the election. I just hope that the UN has enough balls to force a change

#33 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

please, open a history book before make yourself look any dumber. israel didn't exist before 1948. their "war of independance" was a mad dash land grab with boatloads of eastern european jews shipped in to consolidate colonial europe's last curse on the world.

I don't see why you're getting that upset with him. He is correct that that region was the home to Jewish people before the Muslim population was moved in. He wasn't correct in thinking that it was called Palestine while the Jews were living there. Also, Israel did exist as an entity long before the 1900's, you can find reference to the area as the Land of Israel in the bible. Around 1000 BC the region had a king names Saul who unified the Hebrew tribes and formed the kingdom of Israel. I will choose not to call you names though.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#34 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:53 PM

Both sides have behaved, and will continue to behave like "idiots". ...

Yet only one side has decided to strap bombs to themselves and kill innocents at will... :noclue:
Posted Image

#35 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:56 PM

MaddDog's a girl.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#36 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:02 PM

MaddDog's a girl.

It was the royal him, like the royal we, encompassing both sexes.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#37 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,622 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:11 PM

for you to be stating that the palestinians are anti-semites is beyond idiotic. palestinians ARE semites. most israelies are NOT semites. most of them are descendants of eastern europeans. quite frankly, you are the one being anti-semitic. read a book for god's sake.

First of all, try figuring out someone's background before assuming they're a no-nothing blowhard. I don't know what you do for a living, but last I checked, MaddDog taught at a college in Connecticut (not sure if she's a professor or a TA); in fact, I believe she's a history teacher.

Second, crack open a dictionary. A Semite can be a Jew, and anti-Semitism is definitely hostility and/or discrimination toward Jews.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#38 brylin18

brylin18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:28 PM

I don't know what you do for a living, but last I checked, MaddDog taught at a college in Connecticut (not sure if she's a professor or a TA); in fact, I believe she's a history teacher.

Palestine has never even existed as a country. I don't know my history too well but .....blah blah blah

#39 MaddDog

MaddDog

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for telling me I'm dumb. Nice tact. :blahblah:

Israel is a recognized nation and considered a legitimate state by the U.N. I guess you're going to tell me they don't exist now!??! Well, most countries do recognize Israel, but not most Arab nations anyway. Palestine is NOT an actual state.

Are you going to tell me the Jews were NOT there before the Muslims thousands of years ago?? As far as I'm concerned, they have a right to the land too. Thanks for neglecting to mention WHY Israel was created. You know, the lovely genocide where at least SIX MILLION Jews got slaughtered. So, for the Muslims to insist the Jews must be driven into the sea is bullsh!t. Funny how you mention the Jews fleeing there but you don't mention how many of the Palestinians fled there because they were treated like crap in their other Arab nations, or because Egypt/Jordan/etc told the Palestinians to go there so they could have the land after Israel lost the Six-Day War (you know, when the Arab world declared war on Israel first).

Ok, let me rephrase that ... many Palestinians are virulently ANTI JEWISH, how's that?? If they don't want me to perceive them that way, it would help if they put Israel in their school textbooks and didn't write poetry saying they want to be jihadist martyrs blowing up Jews.

Believe it or not, I personally wish that both Israel and a moderate Palestinian state could co-exist but I just don't see it happening.

Tell me how negotiation is possible if this is directly from the Hamas Charter:

Hamas Charter

Surat Al-Imran (III), verses 109-111 Israel will rise and will remain erect until Islam eliminates it as it had eliminated its predecessors

The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said: The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him!

[Peace] initiatives, the so-called peaceful solutions, and the international conferences to resolve the Palestinian problem, are all contrary to the beliefs of the Islamic Resistance Movement (it doesn't sound like peace talks are considered, does it?)

When our enemies usurp some Islamic lands, Jihad becomes a duty binding on all Muslims. In order to face the usurpation of Palestine by the Jews, we have no escape from raising the banner of Jihad (To them Israel IS Palestine)

[b]We cannot fail to remind every Muslim that when the Jews occupied Holy Jerusalem in 1967 and stood at the doorstep of the Blessed Aqsa Mosque, they shouted with joy:

#40 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:06 PM

There is far to omuch hatred on both sides, and there are certain party's on both sides that want peace. but the longer it takes to reach a peace agreement the more unlikely it becomes, becuasse as someone said many of the children are being raised to hate the other, and the more common that becomes the farther away we get from peace...

Absolutely 100 percent correct. It's a sad situation.

That's an accurate description MD.

Take this for what it's worth. From what I heard on NPR, apparantly Hamas took "Israel must be destroyed" statements off their campaign literature before the election. Whether it's an actual softening of their stance or just something to appear moderate to get elected, no one really knows. All I can do is hope for the best.

Propaganda???

I don't see why you're getting that upset with him. He is correct that that region was the home to Jewish people before the Muslim population was moved in. He wasn't correct in thinking that it was called Palestine while the Jews were living there. Also, Israel did exist as an entity long before the 1900's, you can find reference to the area as the Land of Israel in the bible. Around 1000 BC the region had a king names Saul who unified the Hebrew tribes and formed the kingdom of Israel. I will choose not to call you names though.

First off, it's her. From what I remember, your post looks okay. bry is right that it didn't officially exist until 1948.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users