155 replies to this topic

#121 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

Give the C to Elias and watch him get a hat trick tonight...

#122 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

:puke:

What if he gave it to Bobby Holik :P :wacko:

:puke:

that is pretty much what i think of that idea...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#123 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:41 PM

I'll be there and my eyes will be fixed on a guy that I admire very, very much as a player, leader, and ambassador of this game that I love so much. I remain now and forever a lifetime member of the Scoot Stevens Fan Club.

There was none better at his position of choice nor will there ever be again.

Pride will be in my heart and tears will be in my eyes.

Oh Captain..........my captain.....

Damn it!!!!! What a warrior!!!!!

I love you, buddy. You will be dearly missed. Hell.....you already are. :evilcry:

IceThief

Yeah man, I'll be ful of pride and tears too. I can't imagine how emotional this is going to be. Along with Marino, Scotty is my favorite athlete of all time. I went to Canton to see Dan get inducted into the HOF, and I cried at that, so I know I'll cry tonight. And ladies- typically, it's only things like this that get us to cry. :D
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#124 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:43 PM

i hope they don't ruin the ceremony playing some cheesey bon jovi song or that dreadful "simply the best" song...
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#125 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:45 PM

Hopefully a "Thank you Scotty" chant will start. That would be a pretty good show of respect from the crowd. :hail:

i hope they don't ruin the ceremony playing some cheesey bon jovi song or that dreadful "simply the best" song...

True, it would be nice to use a different song. Hopefully "One Thing" by Finger Eleven
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#126 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

Dude, that song is even lamer. That would be like a slap in the face.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#127 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:42 PM

I hope Doc is a part of tonight's ceremony, since he has to do Detroit/Colorado tomorrow I don't know. He usually MCs these kinds of things and it would be nice if he could be there.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#128 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

Actually I think I'd be surprized if Doc wasn't there. For some reason I always feel like he bleeds red and black like the rest of us... I'd be less surprized if he called in sick for tomorrow's game :evil:

But then again he is very serious about his obligations so... I hope he's there tonight too though :)
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#129 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:14 PM

Im telling you .. a darkened arena... a solitary figure emerging from the locker room to the ice .. just the sound of his steps echoing... and the first few notes of " Fanfare for the commom man" .... then the CAA finally implodes just like the Civil Engineers have been screaming for the last 20 years ... :lol:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#130 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:19 PM

Hey that's in my car cd player as we type... (I have a crush on Aaron Copeland music)
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#131 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:35 PM

Im telling you .. a darkened arena... a solitary figure emerging from the locker room to the ice .. just the sound of his steps echoing... and the first few notes of " Fanfare for the commom man" .... then the CAA finally implodes just like the Civil Engineers have been screaming for the last 20 years ... :lol:

You forgot the few people breaking the silence with Rangers suck chants. :doh1:
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#132 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:27 PM

Quick clarification -- that DOG is NOT going tonight... I am... and I'm psyched :evil:

I'm here for the party

#133 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:30 PM

I KNEW IT !!!
WHOO HOO !!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#134 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:09 PM

THE REAL PK IN THE HOUSE! :hail:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#135 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

i really wish i couldve gone tonight :( :(...doc better be there though, the ceremony won't be the same without him
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#136 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:05 PM

holy crap, thats pat burns??????
Posted Image

#137 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:12 PM

Well, your night is finally here. I hope you all enjoy it. Scott Stevens meant so much to the Devils.

I'm sure it will be done in a nice fashion. I will be watching as will my brother.

Don't let Stevens talk for at least five minutes. ;)

Quick clarification -- that DOG is NOT going tonight... I am... and I'm psyched :evil:

I'm glad cause you're his biggest fan on this site. Will you be the one screaming, "Hey Stevens! OVER HERE!!!!!" :evil: :lol:

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#138 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

2 best moments:

1. patty crying
2. marty leading the team in the scott stevens handshake line....marty doesn't need the C for everyone to know that he is now the leader of this team.
Posted Image

#139 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:58 PM

2 best moments:

1. patty crying
2. marty leading the team in the scott stevens handshake line....marty doesn't need the C for everyone to know that he is now the leader of this team.

I agree, the ceremony was great and had many moments that I won't forget. I was crying along with Patty, he really cares a lot about what Stevens did for the Devils. Elias for the next C!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#140 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

So, did anyone shed tears during the ceremony? I came close but I held mine in.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users