133 replies to this topic

#61 MacDevil

MacDevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:28 PM

Looks like poor Jacques Plante will get run over twice by Marty. :boogie: The same way Esposito was :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:

#62 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,854 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

The wierdness of hockey. We get absolutely DOMINATED by the Florida Panthers and then we stick it to the Senators and 'Canes.

Amazing what 4 days off can do....

BTW - anyone think that if the game was 3-1 that Brodeur would have left the game? He looked like he was in pain... and usually when they show a face shot he's got his big ole smile on - this time he was grimacing.

Edited by Don, 03 February 2006 - 10:32 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#63 MacDevil

MacDevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:33 PM

Perfect agae! Scott Stevens gets a shutout for his retierement ceremony, Gionta gets #30 and Marty gets shutout #80!

Fantastic win vs. the best team that the NHL has to offer!

LETS GO DEVILS! :dance: :dance:

Told you guys. The stars were perfectly alligned tonight. Even the teams that were sopose to lose, lost tonight both Toronto and Atlanta.

#64 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:34 PM

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Didnt want to post incase i jinxed the game (i never do if we are winning and i havent posted from before the thread) what a night .
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#65 MacDevil

MacDevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

The wierdness of hockey. We get absolutely DOMINATED by the Florida Panthers and then we stick it to the Senators and 'Canes.

Amazing what 4 days off can do....

BTW - anyone think that if the game was 3-1 that Brodeur would have left the game? He looked like he was in pain... and usually when they show a face shot he's got his big ole smile on - this time he was grimacing.

Brodeur never leaves a game that we have chance winning....

3-1 and 3-2 he would be much more motivated to stay

#66 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

hahhahaha

marty is really getting so beat up this year, i almost wish he wasnt going to play in the olympics
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#67 brylin18

brylin18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:52 PM

this was the perfect game. from 0 to 60, the devils were dominant. great tribute to #4.

#68 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:05 PM

Great game, and great ceremonies pre-game. Great stuff all around!

#69 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:11 PM

I almost lost it when Elias lost it...

I hope Lou knows that people are saying LOUUUUU and not BOOOO..cause it sounds like BOO..

And sheesh..couldnt donna break a smile

Nice to see such a good crowd..and the energy was amazing.. i didnt get as choked up as I did at the winning of the Stanley Cup, but it was close. I cant wait to be at Brodeur retiring in 6 years :)

EL D -- how did the rest of the night go....HAHAHAHA too funny!

Now can the players come out with another gift for the captain ?
A Shutout :P

My friend mentioned the "S" word right before the power play and then 5-3 ..I was about to strangle him!

Way to go MARTY!!!!!

Im not sure if you guys got to see it at home.. prob not cause it was during commercials.. but they did all sorts of Stevens clips.. especially all the HARD HITS...Lindros, Kariya etc..and they had more interviews..including Pat Burns, Lemaire, Neidermayer..who got boooed... Claude Lemiux..and some others I cant remembre at the moment..
Very nice though!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#70 HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:13 PM

Im not sure if you guys got to see it at home.. prob not cause it was during commercials.. but they did all sorts of Stevens clips.. especially all the HARD HITS...Lindros, Kariya etc..and they had more interviews..including Pat Burns, Lemaire, Neidermayer..who got boooed... Claude Lemiux..and some others I cant remembre at the moment..
Very nice though!

I'm not sure if they were exactly the same, but they showed quite a few clips and interviews before the game started. Neidermayer has done something appalling with his hair.

#71 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

Ya we saw a bunch during the ceremony.. but these were different ones..maybe they showed you guys at a different time..we got one per commercial it seemed.
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"

Tim O'Connor

#72 HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:19 PM

Ya we saw a bunch during the ceremony.. but these were different ones..maybe they showed you guys at a different time..we got one per commercial it seemed.

This was before the ceremony got going, between the end of the classic games and when the ceremony started.

#73 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:30 PM

We got Stevens 4 mini banners before the game. A limitied edition page sized card that was the copy of the cover of the commerative special editon of center ice. On the back Stevens accomplishments.

I also have a slight problem that the limited edition center ice magazine was twice the price of a normal one. I spent the money willingly, but was not expecting the price increase. :noclue:
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#74 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:32 PM

What a game, what a night!

Best Devils effort of the season.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#75 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:32 PM

I also have a slight problem that the limited edition center ice magazine was twice the price of a normal one. I spent the money willingly, but was not expecting the price increase. :noclue:

Hey that money goes towards signing Elias! :P They probably got a lot of $$$ considering the crowd. :P

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#76 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:35 PM

Ya if you saw the clips before the cermony even started then maybe they were the ones we saw during commercials..cause we didnt see anything until after Doc Came out to MC.

Thats good you got ot see them.
:)

Tim O'Connor

#77 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:35 PM

I think Scotty liked his bow the best. His eyes just lit up when he saw it! B )
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#78 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

When i saw them walking out with the bow.. all i could think about was napoleon dynamite...Bowhunting skills.
I was like..i really hope thats not a bow.

Tim O'Connor

#79 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:40 PM

And sheesh..couldnt donna break a smile

I said the same thing! She looks older than Scotty, too :blink:

Those bows are top of the line langs, that's why he was so excited. Three of my husband's sporty cohorts just got one each.

Edited by Zamode, 03 February 2006 - 11:41 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#80 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:43 PM

I said the same thing! She looks older than Scotty, too :blink:
Those bows are top of the line langs, that's why he was so excited. Three of my husband's sporty cohorts just got one each.

Ya i know.. i mean once they announced what it was and 75th special edition or wahtever.. i totally got it.. it was just seeing the dude walk out with it that caught me fof guard...
I kept thinking.. the 4 wheeler a few years back was a mch better gift.

But i get it.

Ya.. my friend said maybe Donna didnt smile cause of the crying.. but when im crying good tears.. i can always break a smile.. people were able to break me into a smile when i was crying very sad tears too.. i thought she could have looked a little less terrified.

Tim O'Connor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users