• 9,034 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:34 PM

The Guest of Honor: Scott Stevens
Posted Image

Elias showing his deeper side.

Posted Image

The JERSEY going up

Posted Image
The Tiffany customized glass gifted by the Devils organization.

Posted Image
The Raising.

Posted Image

#2 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:52 PM

Thank you so much DM! Great ceremony for a great man! #4 ever!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#3 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

Thanks for the pics DM. Are you not there? Any pics of the Lincoln? That's one sweet, and expensive vehicle!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#4 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

DM's got family over, which is why he's not at the game.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#5 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:17 PM

Oh.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#6 L

L

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

More pics here:

http://www.modsquadh...NHL_Gallery.htm

You can easily alter the size at the top as well.
Posted Image

#7 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:17 PM

Good pics. It was a decent ceremony, I'm glad they sent him off with some good gifts. My husband was salivating at that Hoyt, said it's worth at least $1,000.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#8 LOULAM1

LOULAM1

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:20 PM

Thank you!

#9 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:35 PM

Gracias
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#10 nj96

nj96

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:54 PM

Lots of good pics over at the Yahoo Site. They're not in order, so just keep hitting next.

This is my fav, though. Can you say excited?

Posted Image

-Dan

#11 GA Devil

GA Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:55 PM

More of Stevens on NHL.com
Let the celebration begin in the Daneyko household!!!!

#12 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:57 PM

Good pics. It was a decent ceremony, I'm glad they sent him off with some good gifts. My husband was salivating at that Hoyt, said it's worth at least $1,000.

Yeah the gifts were great (except the car maybe... it's just doesn't seem personal)

It was an amazing night.
Posted Image

#13 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:14 AM

Hey guys! Long time no talk! Look at this!!!

Posted Image
On the right, Scott Stevens.
On the left, ME!!!1111
:evil: :evil:

I am still in some shock, but in addition to meeting, talking with, and getting my picture with Scotty tonight (plus got him to really sign the program), I also met Ken Daneyko and got him to sign my program too!!!

Oh wow this was awesome. Seriously the best experience I'veever had at a Devils Game! :boogie:

Here's another pic I took which I really liked:
Posted Image

I'll be around probaby tomorrow to chat some more! :lol:

Edited by njdevils_info, 04 February 2006 - 01:15 AM.

Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#14 Devs25

Devs25

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:20 AM

That pic with the 4 banners is GREAT!
"The older you get, the more appreciative you become," Elias said. "You sometimes hear stories where players might be happier playing somewhere, but maybe they are miserable.
"Our goal as hockey players is to win the Stanley Cup. I'm 28 and I've played in 100 playoff games. I love it here. I would love to be a Devil forever." ---Patrik Elias

I heart Randy #21 :)~ and Jason #25 Even though everyone hates him

#15 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:00 AM

Hey guys! Long time no talk! Look at this!!!

Posted Image
On the right, Scott Stevens.
On the left, ME!!!1111
:evil: :evil:

I am still in some shock, but in addition to meeting, talking with, and getting my picture with Scotty tonight (plus got him to really sign the program), I also met Ken Daneyko and got him to sign my program too!!!

Oh wow this was awesome. Seriously the best experience I'veever had at a Devils Game! :boogie:

Here's another pic I took which I really liked:
Posted Image

I'll be around probaby tomorrow to chat some more! :lol:

That's awesome that you got to meet Scotty and Dano bro!! How did you get the chance though? Did you hang out after the game? And that picture of the Cup banners and Scotty's jersey is my new wallpaper- that's a GREAT shot!! Thanks for posting it and the other awesome pictures man!! :D
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#16 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:19 AM

I saw Dano on the concourse twice, once at around 6:45 when I walked in, and once after the game around 10:30. As for Stevens, that was a little trickier. He was sitting in Box 115, and sure enough after the game there was a large crowd outside the box. CAA Security basically told everyone to leave. Scott wasn't going to come out until the place was clear. Like everyone else, we left, but hung out outside by the employee entrance. People that were coming out said that the players were leaving through the winners club entrance, but you could not get anywhere close to that with the security they had out there.

We knew Stevens wasan't getting on the bus to go to the airport with the players, plus his new truck was sitting outside of the arena. So we hung out near his truck and at around 11:30 it was me, my girlfried, and another couple left at the arena, and we figured we'll just try the winners club, even though everyone that went couldn't get close.

Well we were in luck! The players had all left, and so had security. Sure enough, out emerged Steven's family, and about 2 minutes later, out came Stevens himself! I couldn't believe it!

There was one of the security guards that I recognized from inside the arena that shewed everyone away, but I guess since it was just the 4 of us, he was really cool about it and Stevens immediatly got out a sharpie and started to sign what we asked him to.

So the moral of the story: they have to leave some time!

Oh and glad to hear you like the shot of the banner with the cup banners! I just wish it came out a little clearer :evil:

Edited by njdevils_info, 04 February 2006 - 02:21 AM.

Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#17 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:22 AM

I saw Dano on the concourse twice, once at around 6:45 when I walked in, and once after the game around 10:30. As for Stevens, that was a little trickier. He was sitting in Box 115, and sure enough after the game there was a large crowd outside the box. CAA Security basically told everyone to leave. Scott wasn't going to come out until the place was clear. Like everyone else, we left, but hung out outside by the employee entrance. People that were coming out said that the players were leaving through the winners club entrance, but you could not get anywhere close to that with the security they had out there.

We knew Stevens wasan't getting on the bus to go to the airport with the players, plus his new truck was sitting outside of the arena. So we hung out near his truck and at around 11:30 it was me, my girlfried, and another couple left at the arena, and we figured we'll just try the winners club, even though everyone that went couldn't get close.

Well we were in luck! The players had all left, and so had security. Sure enough, out emerged Steven's family, and about 2 minutes later, out came Stevens himself! I couldn't believe it!

There was one of the security guards that I recognized from inside the arena that shewed everyone away, but I guess since it was just the 4 of us, he was really cool about it and Stevens immediatly got out a sharpie and started to sign what we asked him to.

So the moral of the story: they have to leave some time!

Oh and glad to hear you like the shot of the banner with the cup banners! I just wish it came out a little clearer :evil:

Aweosme story man!! I was debating on staying myself, but I was there with my mom, and she was pretty tired, so she didn't really want to. I wish I had!! :D

#18 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:29 AM

I'll be honest, I normally never consider doing something like this, but I guess this night was special. And I thought, what's the worst that could happen?

If I was with any of my folks or friends, I would have left really early, but since it was just me and Jen, and since she was also interested in staying, it just kinda happened! :evil:

#19 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,324 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:40 AM

I'll be honest, I normally never consider doing something like this, but I guess this night was special. And I thought, what's the worst that could happen?

If I was with any of my folks or friends, I would have left really early, but since it was just me and Jen, and since she was also interested in staying, it just kinda happened! :evil:

Awesome bro- glad you got to meet The Captain!!

#20 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:17 AM

mine
http://www.stgcreati...ever/4ever.html
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users