#21 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:40 AM

Awesome pictures everyone....

Unfortnately I was in Atlantic City last night and didnt get to see the ceremony...but it sure looked like a special night for Devils fans and for a great great player in Scott Stevens.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#22 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin cheeseburger dude!

#23 smokinscurvy

smokinscurvy

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:00 PM

Kick ass pics, everyone. Unfortunately I had a biz meeting that lasted WAYYYY longer than expected, so I missed the ceremony but I did see a little bit on $port$center. :puke:
I know the pieces fit

#24 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:21 PM

Sorry for the grainess the angle of the picture etc. Still getting the bugs out of shooting in a manual mode on my digital camera.

I put this in my gallery here on njdevs. Stevens just put on his sweater one last time:

Link
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#25 jursylegnd

jursylegnd

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:05 PM

I only really got choked up when he said "Finally get the NJ Devils the respect they desreved."
When the banner was being raised I had goosebumps. Scotty is such a great guy and it's so awesome that besides the obvious history surrounding the SC banners we now have legends in our rafters. It's important to create tradition and heritage for an organization to remain successful for years to come.
Congratulations Scott.
Section 206
Arena
Here's a banner I made for the event.
Banner

Edited by jursylegnd, 04 February 2006 - 06:10 PM.

"We were on a power play and I went where I always go, I took a whack (from Joseph) and then another. The first one I can accept but when he came at my head I figured it was enough." -Randy McKay
Posted Image

#26 langs15

langs15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:58 PM

Links no good!!
"Langenbrunner is content to score big goals rather than put up big numbers."

#27 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:48 PM

that picture of the whole arena inside is amazing... but it definately doesnt even look close to sold out... what happened did people leave after the ceremony?

#28 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,614 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:28 PM

that picture of the whole arena inside is amazing... but it definately doesnt even look close to sold out... what happened did people leave after the ceremony?

If I had to guess, I'd say that picture was taken before the start of the 2nd period. It looks like people are headed back to their seats, and the players and officials appear to be in warmup mode.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#29 undaimee

undaimee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:45 PM

ya

the music while the banner was rising was AMASING

does anyone have the music that they were playing...like the name of the song...or a link to it

it would also be helppful if anyone knew the link ot an online video that lets me download the whole ceremony onto my harddrive, because nhl.com dosnt let me do that

thanks very much!

#30 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:59 PM

The lowers looked a little bit sparse (though not nearly as bad as usual) and the uppers were packed. I was lucky to have 2 empty seats next to me because one of the guys I came with sat down in the handcapped section, but they'd only let one other person there. So there were 2 of us to 4 seats.
Posted Image

#31 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:53 PM

felt like the playoffs in there, the energy was great! And it was even better than the playoffs since it was all for #4.

*sniffle*

I'm gonna miss seeing him :(
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#32 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:25 PM

ya

the music while the banner was rising was AMASING

does anyone have the music that they were playing...like the name of the song...or a link to it

it would also be helppful if anyone knew the link ot an online video that lets me download the whole ceremony onto my harddrive, because nhl.com dosnt let me do that

thanks very much!

someone said it was titans spirit from remember the titans in a different thread
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin cheeseburger dude!

#33 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:53 PM

I'm totally on the opposite end of the spectrum here... I thought that music was really cheesy.

And it is Titan's Spirit.
Posted Image

#34 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:34 AM

I'm totally on the opposite end of the spectrum here... I thought that music was really cheesy.

And it is Titan's Spirit.

What would you have prefered? :evil:
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#35 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

Anyone have any more pics of the game?
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#36 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:35 PM

i'd like to see pics of the mural on the entrance floor, and of the staircases !

anyone got these ?

#37 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:37 PM

i'd like to see pics of the mural on the entrance floor, and of the staircases !

anyone got these ?

Yea thoes looke real good. Are they keeping them there for a while or was it just a one time thing?
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#38 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:46 PM

im setting up my album as we speak Blue - it has a pic of step graphics/banner
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#39 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:54 PM

excellent Diablos !

did you see all the sh*t for sale on ebay ?
$60 for a button that the employees got for free - thankfuly my friend who works there will be giving me hers.

and the mini-banner & posters are listed there as well.

but not mine - I'm keeping them !!

Yea thoes looke real good. Are they keeping them there for a while or was it just a one time thing?

dunno, but they looked awfully good. in fact most were unwilling to step on it at first.

too bad I can't make Dano Night too, but the Captains Night & S.O. were awesome !!

#40 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,614 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:06 PM

did you see all the sh*t for sale on ebay ?
$60 for a button that the employees got for free - thankfuly my friend who works there will be giving me hers.

That auction's up to $60 now?!?! :blink: Last I saw it was $20... and that was late last night!

and the mini-banner & posters are listed there as well.

*raises hand* I'm guilty of snagging a set of those. Also picked up the special-edition program.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users