207 replies to this topic

#181 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:34 PM

There's no arguing your first point. Jagr is a superstar and has probably 3-4 good years left. But if he is still producing, that's our top line. Guys like Prucha, Immonen and Dawes should be part of the mix. One guy already shows he has the finishing ability and fiestiness of a Fleury without the idiocy.

Jessiman's development depends on how patient they are. They were willing to send him down to Charlotte. It obviously worked. I wouldn't expect him to be a Ranger for a couple of years. He'll need a full season probably at Hartford next year.

Regarding Al, I don't want to trade him now. It's too early for that. He's 20 and Lundqvist just turned 24 and is still in year 1. Even if he is the real deal, they need to see what Montoya can do. Maybe he makes the team next year and gets into some games. That's the only way to increase his value. You saw it with Ahonen. This guy was highly rated. But he never even started. And Albany was so putrid that he lost some confidence. Now they'd be lucky to get a 6th round pick for him.

It's true that I wasn't in favor of picking Al because I had this feeling that Lundqvist would sign and be good. But still, there was the whole Blackburn situation which contributed to their choice. They wanted insurance. If that wasn't the situation, Olesz might have been the pick.
I'm not spinning anything Liz. Just pointing out that the Devils sat back and it nearly cost them as the two posts would point out.

Sometimes, it just isn't your night.

Agreed about the rivalry. There's a lot more intensity in these posts. What happens if the teams square off?

Jagr has been through a lot and I think 3 or 4 good years left is an overstatement. It always seems like the guy is playing hurt or is sidelined with a nagging injury. I expect next year to be his last like this year, then a decline will begin. I still think he has lost a step from his Pittsburgh days but he is still a heck of a player.

Ahonen wasn't highly rated. He was a reach pick, but whenever Lou and Conte reach, everyone figures it must be for a good reason. There was no reason to get him into any games and while it's possible the Devils stunted his development, that's a product of the market for goaltenders being crappy. The guy is unlikely to be an NHL goaltender. I'm sure he will do well in Europe.

Insurance for Blackburn was a thought but when you have a goaltender dominating in Frolunda it seems foolish to take another one. The organization was completely in disarray when they took Montoya - to me they did it for PR reasons as well as hockey reasons. Big mistake. They will end up paying for it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#182 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

Just ask Darcy Regier how much he got for having that great trio of goaltenders in 2003. Oh wait, it's 2006 and he STILL hasn't traded one.

Don't get me started on this! :argh: :argh: :argh:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#183 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:53 PM

I cannot believe that there are 7 pages so far for this thread...32 refers to females as broads...he is 30ish and refers to females as broads :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: a tad too young for such references...from one post about a prediction that did not come to pass and then trying to rail his way out...tsk tsk...as for the game...Madden was just great...again...gotta love the way Marty played...gotta love Gomez and Timex Jr...they flow so well together...Jagr kept out of play...we are hitting all cylinders at a good time in the season schedule...RanJuhs have played better this season and I hope they end up 1st in the division...let them have that cursed slot...oh and for pounding the Flyers...nice game...pounding a team that is riddled with injuries and bragging...cannot wait for spring...this is going to be a great playoff run for all hockey fans :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#184 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

Devildude, yes I am close to 300, havent been to the gym in a while, but I am not a kid and had no trouble finding a date for the prom, and if I want to shoot my load I go crawl into bed with my gf now and get taken care of. Nice try though.

She must be a real prize, the Belle of the Ball, I bet.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#185 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:03 AM

She must be a real prize, the Belle of the Ball, I bet.

Perhaps a Belle with balls.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#186 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:45 PM

why are you guys even prolonging this thread ??
(yes I know i am doing the same by even saying this :P)

But geesh... ignore the troll and he wanders away to the cesspools of ESPN boards.... you guys should know better then this !!!!! :rant:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#187 GOLDORAK

GOLDORAK

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:05 PM

Unfortunately, by the time the game is played, the Rangers will have likely clinched the division and all I'll be concerned about is noone on my team getting injured and the players staying mentally focused.

Welcome to HELL, Matteau!

You know, that place where you have no shot!!!

#188 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

Matteau can't help it. He put the hex on them. I was going to bring this thread back up too. Anyway, we'll see what happens the next two weeks.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#189 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:10 PM

BAHAHAHAHA :giggle: :hah: :rofl: :lol:

Derek, you and your brother are class acts but it's guys like this that make moments like tonight all the sweeter..

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30, 18 April 2006 - 10:10 PM.

#190 GOLDORAK

GOLDORAK

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

Matteau can't help it. He put the hex on them. I was going to bring this thread back up too. Anyway, we'll see what happens the next two weeks.

Derek, you're a really cool dude and well respected around here. I could never bash you, but this "person", well, he deserves it. I'm just having my fun tonight.

#191 GOLDORAK

GOLDORAK

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:29 PM

They have been terrible for most of it, but we are talking about THIS YEAR, THIS YEAR is what counts.

Yes, Matteau, this year or should I say THIS YEAR does indeed count.

Devils 101 points :clap:

Rangers 100 points

Oh, by the way, YOU'RE NEXT!!

Checkmate!

#192 puck

puck

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:33 PM

#193 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:29 AM

I see Matty #32 is looking at the board, just wanted to bump this for him.

Edited by Devils731, 19 April 2006 - 09:29 AM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#194 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:46 AM

Yes, Matteau, this year or should I say THIS YEAR does indeed count.

Devils 101 points :clap:

Rangers 100 points

Oh, by the way, YOU'RE NEXT!!

Checkmate!

We shall see about that. Wouldnt be the first time the devils entered the play-offs hot and fell flat on their face.

I still can't believe they blew it, but oh well, beat the Devils and giving away the division won't mean as much.

Right KOVY, it was my fault. I see you still come here and bend over for the devils fans in hope they will accept you as a friendly foe. You're a joke.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#195 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:55 AM

Matteau keep tooting your horn.. we all knew the rags would fall on their faces, just expected it back in Jan not in APRIL!!! :lol:

Lundqvist had a nice run... he's done.. rags ar feeling the pressure.. and Jagr alone is not enough to beatthe DEVS!!!

man 1st to 3rd in 1 night.. that SUCKS!!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#196 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:56 AM

actually for the Rags it was from 1st to 6th in about 30 minutes...

#197 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:04 AM

3rd to 6th, dummy. They never had the top seed.

rum, you keep thinking Lundqvist is done. It will be that much sweeter when he knocks your clowns out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#198 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:11 AM

3rd to 6th, dummy. They never had the top seed.

First to third in the Atlantic. Duh.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#199 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:23 AM

First to third in the Atlantic. Duh.

actually for the Rags it was from 1st to 6th in about 30 minutes...

I was responding to THIS. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

I forgot, you geniuses need everything quoted in order to follow.

Edited by Matteau#32, 19 April 2006 - 10:24 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#200 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:24 AM

I think it's great that the Devs will get to raise yet another banner to their rafters next year ( and maybe more than one ?!).

Perhaps this one can be trimmed in blue to remind them who they beat out for the title.

HA, he called me "Dummy". All because of a typo.
Ouch !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users