32 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,181 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 03:25 PM

Chico to me, obviously he's a homer, but he's really a harmless homer, mainly because he doesn't rip ANYONE :lol: It's not like Chico will kiss up to the Devils and rip the other team as the scourge of the earth; of course we found that out the other night with his Adam Graves comment. :rolleyes: One of the few times I can recall Chico's really annoying me perse is when he picked the Devs over the Avs in FIVE in 2001 :puke:

And yes Chico's sort of like the anti-Kyydax with Marty, as opposed to always looking for fault with Marty on goals allowed, he always looks for fault elsewhere :lol: But really he does the same with ALL goalies so it's not like he's unfair about it perse.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 03:48 PM

Hey here's mine Risky:

OO-K now... we're gonna get a look ayt --- OOOOOO Noooooo - did ya see that Doc? Ooooh I'm soorry! That was off the skate of -- and it just goes right into...OHHH my goodness! Ooooooh! I hoope they catch that - well yah - they're goin' upstairs and I think we'll see a change there...'cuz there's just no doubt - yah -- aaaaynd good call by the refs there...

That was great, but it also reminded me of Phil Rizzuto.
Oh zheesh, I can't believe I tripped over that cow!

#23 unibrow

unibrow

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 04:38 PM

Give him a break on the San Jose game! The Sharks weren't even broadcasting the game, so somebody had to pull for them.

#24 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:01 PM

Poor Unibrow! I bet most Sharks fans were glad they couldn't see the last 8 minutes!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#25 unibrow

unibrow

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:04 PM

I've had to shield myself from disappointment by not watching their games of late. However, Nabby's sinking stats in my fantasy league keep kicking me. These guys are just not going to make it this year. They should let go and make themselves happy with a nice high draft pick.

#26 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 07:22 PM

The Phoenix broadcasters are REALLLLLLLLLY bothersome.

Every single play is life and death. That's by far the worst to me.

I love how the Canucks broadcaster says "Naslund," we go around the office saying it "Naaaaaaslund" like he does. :)
Keeper of Patrik Elias, Alexander Mogilny and njdevs.com Keepers

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#27 Diablo

Diablo

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 07:59 PM

http://www.iyvcanada...x.php?newsid=18

This article may give a little insight to why chico said that about Graves.

I remember reading the article when His son and dad died. And the out pooring of support all over the hockey world that happened was amazing. I doubt many of you care but Adam Graves is one of the best representatives hockey could have. He is and was an example to the saying why do bad things happen to good people.

#28 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 11:21 PM

His dad was a cop? :clap:

Like him better already. :)
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#29 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 03:50 PM

Graves is semi-related to Dummy!? :blink: UGH! :puke: Anyone know what Violet looks like? He has the audacity to say he won't let anyone near the other turtles women in his family; if they look like him, they won't have to! :puke:

I remember when this happened but Chico's "loyalty" is to the Devils first. There are plenty of NHL'ers who have experienced trauma and heartache like the rest of us (not meaning to sound cold). Are we supposed to be happy for Graves if he were to score on a GWG or God forbig a GWG in a Cup game? Chico's okay, he's no Doc :evil: but I agree with MaddDog, bring in Big Jim!

Jimmy Leeds I have coppa's in my family too ;) :uni:
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#30 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 04:11 PM

The janitor at my high school (seriously, no joke) was (in the sense that I'm no longer in High School... by quite a bit) related to Domi. He's his cousin.

He said he's an a$$hole. :)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#31 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 04:46 PM

You told us that Risky! :lol: I beleive it!

I sort of like the name Violet...but everyone says it's horrid...I guess it is. I also LOVE the name Archibald! Archy is such a cute name though!

I'm here for the party

#32 Chort

Chort

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 05:32 PM

the Sabres guys are the worst, then the B's, then Atlants, then Nashville.........

#33 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 05:32 PM

The janitor at my high school (seriously, no joke) was (in the sense that I'm no longer in High School... by quite a bit) related to Domi. He's his cousin.

He said he's an a$$hole. :)

Dumi should be nice to him so his cousin can help him get a job once he's cut and out of the league.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users