369 replies to this topic

#361 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

I enjoyed when he referred to Nodl as Noodle.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#362 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. I love the "ism's"!!!!

1dun.jpg

#363 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:02 AM

Laughed heartily at that myself
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#364 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

This needed to be revived. Tonight:

"The Moose is as quick as a young deer!"

I almost died when he said that.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#365 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

Doc today on Hedbergs save on Brieres wraparound - "He thought he had a tire but it takes 4 to run a car"

#366 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Bumping this almost a year later, since Doc will be calling tonight, and I wanted to share something that I didn't know(being not really into movies), but something that I'm sure some of the people here did know about one of Doc's famous phrases:

http://en.wikipedia....ck_at_the_ranch
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#367 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

The game on Monday, Chico said something along the lines of "Its like a bakery out there....turn overs all over the place."

Thanks for bumping this up btw.

Edited by Quinn01, 04 January 2012 - 02:19 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#368 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

I realize this post was from last year, but just as an FYI, my aunt lives in Raleigh and she told us over our Christmas vacation that in a recent interview, Nodl told the reporters that the correct pronunciation of his name is, indeed, "noodle."

And speaking of my Christmas vacation, we were not at the 'Canes/Devils game on the 26th, but on the 27th my wife and I were on the same plane as Chico coming back to Jersey. Had a chance to chat with him briefly in the waiting area before the flight and again for another few minutes when the plane landed. He was extremely friendly and warm; seemed genuinely happy to meet us. Not that I would necessarily have expected otherwise, but he was just incredibly pleasant.

Edited by Brick Pig, 04 January 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#369 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,340 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Bumping this almost a year later, since Doc will be calling tonight, and I wanted to share something that I didn't know(being not really into movies), but something that I'm sure some of the people here did know about one of Doc's famous phrases:

http://en.wikipedia....ck_at_the_ranch

This one I've known only because of the book by Trinka Hakes Noble. Noble even came to my elementary school to talk to us and I got a signed copy of Meanwhile back at the Ranch. I still have it somewhere packed up and it is a fun book to read to kids and I do not know any kid that has hated it after they read or have it to read to them.

Also I do not think the 1992 date they have on Wikipedia is the correct first publishing date. I want to say it is a couple years earlier than that, but I might be wrong.

Edited by DevsMan84, 04 January 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#370 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

And speaking of my Christmas vacation, we were not at the 'Canes/Devils game on the 26th, but on the 27th my wife and I were on the same plane as Chico coming back to Jersey. Had a chance to chat with him briefly in the waiting area before the flight and again for another few minutes when the plane landed. He was extremely friendly and warm; seemed genuinely happy to meet us. Not that I would necessarily have expected otherwise, but he was just incredibly pleasant.

Nifty!

I can't say that I'm surprised. Love or hate his color commentary, but the guy is obviously personable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users