369 replies to this topic

#21 brodeurfanatic

brodeurfanatic

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:51 AM

"A healthy hit by Stevens, and down goes Kaberle, his stick is broken." - The Doc

Playoffs 2000, Round 2, Game 5 Devs vs Leafs.

Edited by brodeurfanatic, 12 March 2006 - 08:52 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks for the sig UnderdogX

---

"He loves the game, he has God-given talent and we're just glad he's in our pipes," - Lou Lamoriello vs Flyers on 4/1/06

---

Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Brodeur's Coach Jacques Caron
Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Special Assignment Coach Pat Burns

Starting a Game Thread Record ~ 4-1-0-1

#22 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:25 PM

Doc, as they're going to commercial: "We'll be back to Verizon Center... MCI Center... whatev--" (audio cuts out)

He could just call it The Phone Booth. That's what they nicknamed it when it was the MCI Center and it would still be appropriate.
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#23 gordienumber9

gordienumber9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:54 PM

He could just call it The Phone Booth. That's what they nicknamed it when it was the MCI Center and it would still be appropriate.

did anyone hear chico last night? "got him right in the beak...penguins do have beaks don't they?"
“You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time.”
Gordie Howe

Keeper of everyone's obsession with my ass.

MARTY'S NEXT EX

R.I.P. Jill Ann Walker 11/12/73-9/18/02

BITCH I'M GORDIE!

Posted Image he may not be a hockey player, but he's still pretty great

#24 expect_the_unexpected

expect_the_unexpected

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

We are the luckiest hockey fans in the world to have Doc and Chico. :hail:

The Isles guys make me ill. I was almost glad Elias wasn't playing because the play by play guy always calls him Eliash. Drives me nuts. JD is okay, but I hate Sam Rosen. :puke: He's a homer but not funny like Chico.

How else do you pronouce 'Elias'? :blink:

#25 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

He says it like hes saying Eliassssh" like if ur saying ass
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#26 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:32 PM

He says it like hes saying Eliassssh" like if ur saying ass

Maybe he does it on purpose because Doc says it Kvaaasshhha. :noclue:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#27 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:36 PM

But Doc is the foremost NHL authority on players pronounciations or at least officially was for many years... :rock:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#28 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

I cant even remember who said it and what the heck it was about now.. but during the game on SAturday..one of them started a story about something...maybe 731 will remember... and we had no idea where it was going...and then something happened..and they interrupted and NEVER went back to it....and i was sooo frustrated cause i was trying to see the connection.
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#29 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:44 PM

But Doc is the foremost NHL authority on players pronounciations or at least officially was for many years... :rock:

No argument there and I would even say that he is right and 29 others are wrong but my point was maybe Howie Rose does that because of the way Doc pronounces Kvasha.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#30 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,843 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

The worst has to be JD with Kovalev. I mean come on! It's not "Kova-luv."

It's "Kova-LEV"!

God. For maybe the best color guy, it's embarrassing that he continually pronounces it wrong.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#31 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

No argument there and I would even say that he is right and 29 others are wrong but my point was maybe Howie Rose does that because of the way Doc pronounces Kvasha.

oh .. spite you mean..... interesting theory...
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

#32 gordienumber9

gordienumber9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:24 AM

i cant stand JD...when i'm watching my games i'm like god would you shut up!!!!!
does anyone remember the all star game? who was the announcer that said "Ma-tias Oldstrum" and "The Philadlpiha RedWings"?
“You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time.”
Gordie Howe

MARTY'S NEXT EX

BITCH I'M GORDIE!

#33 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:45 AM

Forget which game but Chico says something to the effect of "The goaltenders are really using thier sticks well tonight" 1:30 into the game.

"boy oh boy" JD sucks, and his love affair with Lundqvist "The best goalie the NHL has ever seen" is at least slightly over the top. :rant:

#34 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:01 PM

Forget which game but Chico says something to the effect of "The goaltenders are really using thier sticks well tonight" 1:30 into the game.

"boy oh boy" JD sucks, and his love affair with Lundqvist "The best goalie the NHL has ever seen" is at least slightly over the top. :rant:

Well, I know for a fact that Ranger fans say the same thing about Chico and Marty. So it's not like this kind of thing is unusual. I mean, has Marty EVER let in a bad goal, at least according to Chico???

2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#35 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:20 PM

Well, I know for a fact that Ranger fans say the same thing about Chico and Marty. So it's not like this kind of thing is unusual. I mean, has Marty EVER let in a bad goal, at least according to Chico???

Meh - I think Marty has "EARNED" some of his accolades -- That guy across the river needs to do alot more to be deemed "The greatest goalie the NHL has ever seen"
Posted Image

#36 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

"Oh Baby!"

The man says it about 50 times a game.

I will likely be watching them do Canucks-Stars on OLN tonight, I'm pretty sure they have the call, because they can't work tomorrow cuz of a Devils game.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#37 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

Meh - I think Marty has "EARNED" some of his accolades -- That guy across the river needs to do alot more to be deemed "The greatest goalie the NHL has ever seen"

Yes, Marty has earned the accolades he gets when he really does play well, which is often. But how has he 'earned' the fact that Chico can never admit that Marty gives up a bad goal or has a bad game? It just makes Chico look stupid and fawning and, quite frankly, it doesn't do anything to make Marty look better.

Lundqvist has had a very good year. It may be that he's getting a little tired, we'll have to see how he finishes. However, I'm not saying that he's earned anything like Marty's stature yet. I'm simply saying that Chico's complete and total blindness and fawning when it comes to Marty are no different than what JD is doing, it's just that you don't find it nearly as annoying because Marty is a Devil.

#38 gordienumber9

gordienumber9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:39 PM

well he is a rookie and he's kicking ass, let's not trash h is repp yet. :)
Gordie Howe

MARTY'S NEXT EX

BITCH I'M GORDIE!

#39 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:05 PM

I'm simply saying that Chico's complete and total blindness and fawning when it comes to Marty are no different than what JD is doing, it's just that you don't find it nearly as annoying because Marty is a Devil.

I agree about his blindness and admittedly find it amusing - I just took exception at the statement and reiterated that Marty has earned those accolaes be it from a biased Chico or a biased Gary Thorne...

well he is a rookie and he's kicking ass, let's not trash h is repp yet.

Im not trashing anyone... simply stating that long is the list of 'flash in the pans' that have dominated in their first year of play to ride humbly into the sunset and become the answer to a trivia question during some stoppage of play. IMO
Posted Image

#40 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,843 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

I agree about his blindness and admittedly find it amusing - I just took exception at the statement and reiterated that Marty has earned those accolaes be it from a biased Chico or a biased Gary Thorne...

Im not trashing anyone... simply stating that long is the list of 'flash in the pans' that have dominated in their first year of play to ride humbly into the sunset and become the answer to a trivia question during some stoppage of play. IMO

I don't see that happening with Lundqvist. He's too mentally strong and too technically sound. Working with one of the best goalie coaches in the NHL has sped up his development this season.

He's got too much Brodeur in him to flop. If not for some of the saves he's made during their current losing streak, they would've lost a couple of games a lot worse. He makes ridiculous saves look easy.

There is only one flaw that I see. Stick side high. If you can hit it, you have a pretty good chance of scoring. He takes away everything down low and has a quick glove. He's only 24 and I see one area that needs improvement. If he can make the adjustment, oh man.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users