Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:29 AM

Time to bump this:

We were having a discussion of Chico-isms. Here are some we came up with:

"Well, Marty slipped on all of them. Clearly he was in perfect position like always."

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTTTTTY!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOO"

"aw i don't know Doc it looks like it took a crazy bounce off the boards hit Klee in the butt and then hit a speck of dust and went in. marty had NO chance on that one."

"Well, he had it lined up but it took a weird hop off a skate, then deflected off a body in front, then took a 90 degree angle off a glove."

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#42 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:39 PM

"We used to call Mario MaryAnn " -- Chico 3/16

"The girls used to get the better grades .... well they were more polite... " -- Doc on giving out grades when he was a teacher 3/16
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#43 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:05 PM

Don't know if this one was posted tonight but I couldn't stop laughing...

"Well, it looks like the shaft went right over the mouth of young Parise" - Chico 3-16

:giggle: :D :D
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#44 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:57 PM

"The girls used to get the better grades .... well they were more polite... " -- Doc on giving out grades when he was a teacher 3/16

Doc was a teacher?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#45 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:12 PM

Apparently...
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

#46 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:57 AM

"We used to call Mario MaryAnn " -- Chico 3/16

Just more polite Doc? Yeah right.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#47 brylin18

brylin18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:39 AM

hey what about JD today trying to kiss jagr's ass about the stick measuring......for 7 straight years JD has had to warp his sense of perception to try to point out the "great play" of a perpetually losing team. i guess old habits die hard.

Edited by brylin18, 17 March 2006 - 01:40 AM.

#48 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:13 AM

That didn't bother me because that rule is garbage. They just invented it on the fly.

What bothered me more was him going ga ga over Lundqvist's final save on Ovechkin. It was harmless even if it was right in front. He didn't get anything on it. Just a fluky bounce.

#49 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,267 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:49 AM

That didn't bother me because that rule is garbage. They just invented it on the fly.

On the fly? Its been a rule for a while, just because you go into a shootout doesnt mean you can all of a sudden use an illegal stick. If Jagr was using that same stick in regulation is it still a garbage rule made up on the fly? It wasnt a rule change for the players, it was a procedure change for the refs to measure all sticks, not just the challenged ones (for shootouts)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#50 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

On the fly? Its been a rule for a while, just because you go into a shootout doesnt mean you can all of a sudden use an illegal stick. If Jagr was using that same stick in regulation is it still a garbage rule made up on the fly? It wasnt a rule change for the players, it was a procedure change for the refs to measure all sticks, not just the challenged ones (for shootouts)

Precisely why this league sometimes doesn't use logic. What other league changes rules after 3/4 of the season has been played? It should have been instituted from the beginning.

#51 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

What other league changes rules after 3/4 of the season has been played?

THIS IS THE XFL!!!!!! :whistling:

Oh, wait, I think I just reinforced your point. :unsure:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#52 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:31 PM

THIS IS THE XFL!!!!!! :whistling:

Oh, wait, I think I just reinforced your point. :unsure:

Don't you mean, THE XXXXXXXXXXXFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:blink: :rofl:

#53 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, something like that. :D

(And cue CRASHER...)

#54 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

For shame hijacking the good name of Doc and Chico for your obvious post-whoring fest.... :hijack: :offtopic:
Posted Image

#55 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:05 PM

For shame hijacking the good name of Doc and Chico for your obvious post-whoring fest.... :hijack: :offtopic:

Phbbt. I'll make sure to call you out the next time you're involved in a post-whoring fest, then. :rolleyes:

#56 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:14 PM

Phbbt.

I always wondered how that was spelled.

Woohoo, threadjacking of a threadjacking! :boogie:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#57 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:21 PM

It was never intended to be a threadjacking! It just... sort of... happened.

#58 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

It was never intended to be a threadjacking! It just... sort of... happened.

That's usually how it happens...as steam starts coming out of El Diablos ears. :evil:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#59 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

:hijack: :boogie:

#60 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 08:35 PM

" I think we need more fights too ! " DOC - 3/19
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users