• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

Sugo was one of my favorite prospects, sorry to see him go. Klee is going to really make a crowded D field. Wonder if Chuck is really hurting...

#22 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Its really a good trade though for both sides. I believe Klee helps us in the short term and the Leafs arent exactly going to contend this year.

Klee shores up our D-line and I expect Lou may pull another deal for a forward before the deadline.

#23 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,576 posts

It's been obvious that Suglobov is not in New Jersey's plans. He's been thrown around in so many of my theoretical trades.

This is a perfect defensive upgrade - Klee has some ability to play the PP and is certainly better than Colin White in that spot. Tommy Albelin can now be the perfect 7th defenseman.

A very solid move by Lou Lams.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#24 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

Suglobov was one of the few trading chips we had. I'd rather we used him to fill a pressing need (scoring!)
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#25 Tretyak 20

Tretyak 20

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:57 PM

So I guess we've gotten this year's Smehlik trade out of the way. :noclue:

Admins: please feel free to delete my thread, didn't see this one!
Fire Lou Now.

#26 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:57 PM

Suglobov was one of the few trading chips we had. I'd rather we used him to fill a pressing need (scoring!)

The Devils were not going to fill that need. If they do now it will be for a lesser player. They really don't have the cap room nor the inclination - that 2nd line is a disaster no matter who they put on it.

#27 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:58 PM

Found this from TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nh...nhl-maple_leafs
Assets:Loves to use the body. Plays within his limitations. Is versatile, an excellent presence in the dressing room and the consummate team player.

Flaws :Lacks skating speed and has a tendency to get injured with relative frequency. Was better suited to the pre-lockout NHL than the "new" NHL.

Career potential: No. 5 or 6 defenseman.

----
Well I hope he is physical and is a good team player, should fit in then. A little worried about his flaws though. I haven't seen him play much so maybe someone else here can elaborate. I see he is a 5/6 D-Man. So our depth chart is along the lines of:
Rafalski
Matvichuk
White
Martin
Klee
Hale/Albelin
Brown

Correct me if I am wrong please.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#28 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

I guess they'll send Brown down for good now.

#29 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

just what we need, another Dman. I don't miss Sluggo cuz, well, we never got to see him play and I'm diggin Ryznar but how about some SCORING??
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#30 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:01 PM

If he's willing to shoot from the blue line on power plays,I'm all for it.

#31 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

Found this from TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nh...nhl-maple_leafs
Assets:Loves to use the body. Plays within his limitations. Is versatile, an excellent presence in the dressing room and the consummate team player.

typical Lou. The consummate team player part sold this guy i bet.

I'd like to see some more physicality out there. I wonder if Lou is concerned about the bruising flyers again this playoff run?
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#32 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

It's been obvious that Suglobov is not in New Jersey's plans. He's been thrown around in so many of my theoretical trades.

This is a perfect defensive upgrade - Klee has some ability to play the PP and is certainly better than Colin White in that spot. Tommy Albelin can now be the perfect 7th defenseman.

A very solid move by Lou Lams.

I agree that Suglobov wasn't going to play a big role with the Devils... but neither is Ken Klee!!!

The only thing I can think of here is that Richard Matvichuk is more injured than what the organization is letting on.

I was agreeing with you that Lou was smart enough to realize that this wasn't the year to go for it... keep the youth in the organization and not waste prospects and picks on older players. Well, that's exactly what he did. Is Klee going to be here for a long time? God, I hope not.

Give Ken a dozen games and people here will be dying to have Malkhov back.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#33 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:04 PM

:noclue: Leafs fans think they've acquired the next Gretzky apparently, they think Suggy is some incredible prospect.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#34 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:04 PM

Alexander Suglobov was never in New Jersey's long-term plans. I have been explaining this on the board all year and I won't go back over it - just search for my name and Suglobov and you'll see why. Snipers who do little else well are really not that valuable for a team like New Jersey. For a team like Toronto that figures to be a mishmash of nonsense for the forseeable future, he will be a good addition. I fully expect 25 goals out of him next season.

This is still a good deal for New Jersey.

#35 cjmurph76

cjmurph76

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:05 PM

I don't know much about Klee...who can enlighten me with a scouting report? I don't mind trading Suglobov because it wasn't meant for him to be here in the long run, but I want to know more about Klee before I call this a good/bad trade.

Klee is kind of like Daneyko with a little more offense. He also makes almost nearly $2 million, and cost one the Devils few deadline trading chips. Pretty inexplicable deal for a team with major scoring issues. I would also guess this means Matvichuk is out for a while.

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:05 PM

I agree that Suglobov wasn't going to play a big role with the Devils... but neither is Ken Klee!!!

The only thing I can think of here is that Richard Matvichuk is more injured than what the organization is letting on.

Well I wouldn't doubt Matvichuk's hurt but Lou himself acknowledged his concern when he stated 'you're always concerned when it's any kind of back injury' and I agree. Bryan Berard's been almost useless in Columbus since he hurt his back (barring a several-game cameo in January) - in LATE DECEMBER.

And Petey Suglobov was NEVER going to fetch an NHL second-line player in a trade, not when Lou 'only' got a 9234235-year old defenseman back for him.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#37 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:06 PM

How many games have Suglobov played this year for NJ?
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,576 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

And Petey Suglobov was NEVER going to fetch an NHL second-line player in a trade, not when Lou 'only' got a 9234235-year old defenseman back for him.

This is hindsight - it can't be said that this is true or false. I think Suglobov and a pick could've sprung any number of '2nd line' players - but very few are likely to help us. Guys like Geoff Sanderson and that ilk really aren't going to put us over the top.

I'm hoping Lou's willing to send a 2nd round pick somewhere for some more forward depth but I'm not holding my breath.

#39 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

RD, then I'd rather see him *here*! This team cries for offense. Giving up one of the few people in the system right now that can score for an ancient dman just does not make sense to me.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#40 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:11 PM

How many games have Suglobov played this year for NJ?

He has appeared in two games with the Devils over two seasons, scoring one goal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users