152 replies to this topic

#41 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:12 PM

RD, then I'd rather see him *here*! This team cries for offense. Giving up one of the few people in the system right now that can score for an ancient dman just does not make sense to me.

Here. Here. I can't remember when I've been more disappointed in a move..... I usually held out hope that each trade would help us, but I think this was just pissing away a chip and filling cap space. This has really destroyed the buzz I had from the baseball game.

Edited by DevilMinder, 08 March 2006 - 09:17 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#42 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

Klee? yickkkkkk!!! :ph34r:
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,073 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

This is hindsight - it can't be said that this is true or false. I think Suglobov and a pick could've sprung any number of '2nd line' players - but very few are likely to help us. Guys like Geoff Sanderson and that ilk really aren't going to put us over the top.

No I (like Tri) would have said this before, Suglobov's value was nil and the Devils were never going to give him a shot, he's a Dagenais in training. I don't get why everyone thinks he was the answer to the Devils' scoring woes when he's had one decent statistical year in the AHL for a Rats team with no other scoring options.

If by a second line player you mean the second coming of Viktor Kozlov then yes maybe Suglobov could have fetched 'that' player if you consider that a second line player, I don't. Maybe Sanderson I'd consider a second-line player but I doubt Suglobov was getting him. I'd take Kozlov on the second line anyday over Suglobov and I dislike Kozlov :lol: And HE hasn't even been able to earn a spot on the second line for an offensively-challenged team :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 Tretyak 20

Tretyak 20

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:18 PM

I'm really starting to think Lou just doesn't "get" the new NHL. There will probably be half-a-dozen 50 goal scorers in the league this year, and he's still trying to win every game 1-0. :(
Fire Lou Now.

#45 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,514 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:19 PM

Suglobov was not a chip. He is much more likely the second coming of Juraj Kolnik or Pierre Dagenais than he is Pavel Bure. The fact that he can score at the AHL level is nice, and who knows, he may be successful in the NHL, but the Devils will never call up rookies and put them on the 2nd line and tell them to score. The disappointment in us not calling him up to help the club makes me wonder what franchise you guys have been following for the last 12 years, because the New Jersey Devils that I know would never consider such foolishness.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#46 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

We have to. We don't have the offensive talent to do anything else. Our defense is strong enough that trying to win 1-0 will give us better results than trying to win 6-5.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,073 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

I'm really starting to think Lou just doesn't "get" the new NHL. There will probably be half-a-dozen 50 goal scorers in the league this year, and he's still trying to win every game 1-0. :(

If anything the Devils' success the last two months has proven they CAN win 1-0 and 2-1 games even in the so-called new NHL. Look I don't think this team is winning a Cup this year either but I really don't get the negativity considering the team's been WINNING lately, even considering the dreadful shootout losses to the Isles they still have six points out of eight since the Olympic break and were doing damn well before it.

And the Devils DO have two 40-goal scorers though one wasn't healthy nearly long enough to amass that total and the other hasn't quite gotten there yet.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

What the heck is that icon supposed to say?

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#49 cjmurph76

cjmurph76

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:27 PM

Suglobov was not a chip. He is much more likely the second coming of Juraj Kolnik or Pierre Dagenais than he is Pavel Bure. The fact that he can score at the AHL level is nice, and who knows, he may be successful in the NHL, but the Devils will never call up rookies and put them on the 2nd line and tell them to score. The disappointment in us not calling him up to help the club makes me wonder what franchise you guys have been following for the last 12 years, because the New Jersey Devils that I know would never consider such foolishness.

Well, the Devils handed a 2nd line opportunity to Parise when they shouldn't have, and quite frankly there's no way Suglobov wouldn't have been more productive given the same opportunity. I've seen 50 to 60 rats games in person the past three years and if Suglobov is not a chip, then the Devs are in deep, deep trouble up front for years to come.

#50 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

It used to say "Devils Trade" now it says "Devs Trade"
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#51 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

suglobov...cya!!!
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#52 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,514 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:30 PM

Well, the Devils handed a 2nd line opportunity to Parise when they shouldn't have, and quite frankly there's no way Suglobov wouldn't have been more productive given the same opportunity. I've seen 50 to 60 rats games in person the past three years and if Suglobov is not a chip, then the Devs are in deep, deep trouble up front for years to come.

Who is going to be a better player in the NHL 5 years from now - Zach Parise or Alexander Suglobov?

#53 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

Who is going to be a better player in the NHL 5 years from now - Zach Parise or Alexander Suglobov?

Same question - Alexander Suglobov or Ken Klee?
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#54 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

yay another slow dmen!!
hUrray

#55 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

I like the exlaimation mark better :evil:

Edited by RD, 08 March 2006 - 09:33 PM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#56 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,514 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

Same question - Alexander Suglobov or Ken Klee?

This is an invalid question. Obviously Suglobov is likely to be in the NHL whereas Klee will not be, but the Devils were getting rid of Suglobov regardless. You cannot evaluate prospect for veteran deals this way or else they will all look bad. The Devils are getting a better player for one not on their roster and one not in their future plans.

Who will be a better player in 5 years - Peter Forsberg or Cam Janssen?

#57 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,283 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

This was about what I was expecting...a "blah" move.

I would've liked to have seen Suglobov get a shot, but with this team's scoring woes and Suglobov not getting a chance to help, I have to believe Lou knows something about him that we may not. I've heard the negatives over the years (takes nights off, not a great two-way player, etc.).

Clearly this is going to be one of those "wait-and-see" type moves. Can't say I'm loving it right now though.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#58 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:38 PM

and the Devs are not on the hook for Klee after 21 more games.

Perhaps he's just a rental ? A safety net in case Matvichuk doesn't com eback anytime soon.

#59 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:41 PM

I figured Suglobov was gonna be traded with Bergfors coming along. Suglobov just isn't smart/good enough defensivly to stay in the NHL with New Jersey. Suglobov is Toronto is a perfect fit, a system with no defense.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 08 March 2006 - 09:43 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#60 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

hahah...Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate):

The Leafs have picked up one d and gotten rid of another...but they did steal Sublogov from NJ...he is a stud, and we are all shocked that Lou gave him up....this leaves Nashville, Vancouver and NJ to fight over Witt...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users