#81 MacDevil

MacDevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:26 PM

Hey Colorado Rokies...

I guess this is also valid for all Cool-Aid drinkers and "In Lou we trust" type posters.

I feel much better with myself about bashing Lou Lams since most of real Devil fans agree with me.
Did you hear how the 20,000 fans boooed Lou on the Stevens night ? OK maybe not all but at least 18,000 for sure did....
That is how fans are displeased with "recent Lou".

And I can't wait for the reply on Daneyko's night

#82 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,437 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:28 PM

Hey Colorado Rokies...

I guess this is also valid for all Cool-Aid drinkers and "In Lou we trust" type posters.

I feel much better with myself about bashing Lou Lams since most of real Devil fans agree with me.
Did you hear how the 20,000 fans boooed Lou on the Stevens night ? OK maybe not all but at least 18,000 for sure did....

Okay now your posts have gone from mere whining to pure schtick. Those aren't 'boos' those are 'LOU' chants. :doh1:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#83 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

Hey Colorado Rokies...

It's amazing how similar LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and BOOOOOOOO sound.

Wow.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#84 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,437 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:32 PM

I guess Bruce Driver was the most unpopular Devil ever since he got booed every time he took the ice.

Oh wait those were 'Bruuuuce' chants :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#85 MacDevil

MacDevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:32 PM

Okay now your posts have gone from mere whining to pure schtick. Those aren't 'boos' those are 'LOU' chants. :doh1:

You believe that ?

Than tell me one other occasion when Devil fans cheered up anybody in similar fashion?

Plyer fans do Zuuus, or Pittsburg Steelers I heard "Muuuu" about their runinng back.. but never ever Devil fans

#86 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,437 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:33 PM

You believe that ?

Than tell me one other occasion when Devil fans cheered up anybody in similar fashion?
Plyer fans do Zuuus, or Pittsburg Steelers I heard "Muuuu" about their runinng back.. but never ever Devil fans

Go look at any Cup parade tape, start with '03 - fans chanted Loooou THEN at the darn victory celebration, those sure weren't boos sorry :P

And I gave another example above.

#87 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:34 PM

the only thing missing here is him saying we need to undo the Berglund for Kozlov trade.... this is an interesting read of pure fiction

and don't forget we're not "real fans" if we disagree with him so I should send back my 13 years of hockey tickets too!!

I don't like the trades, but there's a reason Lou is the most successful GM in the business and we're idiots tooling on the internet!! :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#88 MacDevil

MacDevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

I guess Bruce Driver was the most unpopular Devil ever since he got booed every time he took the ice.

Oh wait those were 'Bruuuuce' chants :P

Maybe about Bruce..

But tell me you are joking... YOu honestly believe they were cheering Lou ? I'm serious .

#89 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

You believe that ?

Be careful, you might rupture a hamstring or two, cause you're really stretching now.

I have an assignment for you. Go to Dano night, ask each person in the crowd if they are booing or chanting "LOU." Then come back to me. Until then, you have no credibility ;)

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#90 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

I'd hate to sit Janssen out - oddly enough I think Viktor Kozlov may be the odd man out once again since he really doesn't do very much. We would dress Wiemer at LW and have lines of:

Elias-Gomez-Gionta
Parise-Brylin-Marshall
Pandolfo-Madden-Langenbrunner
Wiemer-Rasmussen-Janssen

Oops - staying on topic, I am neither happy nor dissatisfied. We got rid of Suglobov, picked up 2 servicable defenders and a decent 4th liner. I didn't expect us to pick up a scoreline player and we didn't. I didn't expect us to pick up 2 defenders either, so I'm surprised - this team still has obvious problems but it could still go places.

I feel pretty much the same way. The Klee deal was okay, the Lukowich deal was unspeakably awesome, and the Wiemer deal just kind of baffles me- as I said earlier- from the standpoint that we didn't need a Jason Wiemer type of player. Trading Brown for a 4th was also a great move. I'm disappointed in the fact that we couldn't land a 2nd line scorer, but that's life I guess. I HATE- absolutely HATE- to break up the EGG line, but we might not have a choice now. On a scale of 1-10, overall, I'd give Lou a 7, strengthened by the Lukowich deal.

I've put it on my sig ... until further developments

Yeah, well... you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but you've firmly departed rationality-land and are headed straight for the insane asylum.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#91 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:48 PM

Maybe about Bruce..

But tell me you are joking... YOu honestly believe they were cheering Lou ? I'm serious .

Absolutely. That was a "LLLLOOOOOOUUUUU" not "BOOOOOO"........ seriously. Most fans APPRECIATE three stanley cups. Some don't. Most do. That was a "LOOOOOOUUUUUUU".
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#92 MacDevil

MacDevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:52 PM

Yeah, well... you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but you've firmly departed rationality-land and are headed straight for the insane asylum.

My opinion will prove to be correct...

Wait and see.. I just hope we aviod Rangers in the first round.
Becasue they will continue to bash us that we can't beat them in the playoffs...

Absolutely. That was a "LLLLOOOOOOUUUUU" not "BOOOOOO"........ seriously. Most fans APPRECIATE three stanley cups. Some don't. Most do. That was a "LOOOOOOUUUUUUU".

:rofl:

Yup it is official... I lost it.... I guess I imagined they were booooing him since I wanted to do same thing badly :doh1:

#93 neeks123

neeks123

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:44 PM

I guess they're about what I would expect from Lou.

Let's face it...more often than not Lou's not one to make the sexy, headline-making moves. And he clearly decided that bringing in "scorers" such as Mark Recchi (who always disappears during the playoffs), Jeff Friesen (waaaahhh it's sooooo hard to play in Anaheim and replace Teemu Selanne waaaaahhh. What the hell was Burke thinking bringing that headcase back?!) or Keith Tkachuk (please) weren't worth giving up early round draft picks. I'd have loved to see Lou bring in someone who can put some pucks in the net, but those kind of players just weren't out there for the taking. Even though the Isles were willing to deal Lukowich to New Jersey, I don't think they would have been as amenable to dealing Parrish to the Devils.

So Lou's thinking was probably something along the lines of:
My defense is pretty good. My goalie is unconscious right now. Might as well try to shore up my 'D' best as I can, get rid of a spare part in Brown I don't need, and try to win as many 2-1 games as I can. If that works, great. If not, I didn't really see this team as a Cup-winner this year anyway.

As as far as Sluggo goes...how many 24-year-old scorers come into the league and blossom? Most true scoring prospects break into the league at somewhere between 20-22, if not before. The AHL's full of guys who put up pretty numbers but can't get it done at the NHL level. Craig Darby anyone? And from all reports, Sluggo's not a systems kind of guy, so it probably wouldn't have worked out here for him. One thing that's obvious: Lou doesn't like him as a Devil. And considering that 25-year-olds usually aren't considered prospects anymore, he simply wasn't going to fetch a whole lot in a deal.

So, overall, I'd have to say I'm happy with what Lou's done. Let the 2-1 nailbiters begin...

Here's what I gotta say: I think the add on to our defense is good, but since January the D's been sharp... It can't hurt to make it better. We do need more offense too but what team's gonna give us someone good especially considering 25 of 30 teams are still in the playoff race, they're gonna want to keep key players. I think through this rough year, we've maintained a playoff spot, and I think we're gonna like the postseason.

#94 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:27 PM

Mac: Listen to this. It's a sound clip from Scott Stevens Night. It's Scott expressing his appreciation to Lou and the Devils organization. Go ahead, listen. Tell me the fans aren't saying "LOUUUUUUU!!!!"
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#95 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

I was screaming Lou! I think I heard me. :evil:

As for the moves, happy D, disappointed with the Weimer one. Maybe baffled is more the word.

Edited by LizDevil30, 09 March 2006 - 10:00 PM.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#96 gordienumber9

gordienumber9

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:24 PM

ranger fans did it for Bukeaboom "BUKKKKKESS!!!
hmm i dunno if i'm happy or not, i'm pretty tired of going to nassau and watching the devs give up to DP and his merry bunch of losers, it wasn't your D that was bad, what was painful was watching the scott gomez show, madden shooting right into DP's chest every time and zach circeling the net as if to say "come on guys!" and no one gets the point kovalev is preforming below his level and as far as i'm concerened cammy and sarge are doing their jobs (ok maybe i'm soft on them but i love em) cam goes out, wins his fight (about 90% of the time) and gets the boys pumped ryznar i think is great he's like an excited puppy on the rink, i think he'll go places..maybe not now but he will
what i don't get is why is why darren langdon still a devil!? and lukowich aint bad
i dunno...i just wanna see tommorow's game then i'll decide :noclue:

#97 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:26 PM

Overall I am happy with how Lou did at the deadline. Improved the defense. I am sure he tried for offensive help, but didn't want to pay a steep price. Lou knows what he is doing, he is a winner, 3-time Stanley Cup winner, which is why at #4's night everyone I knew was chanting Lou, just like in the SC Parades. Anyone that would boo him is out of there mind.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#98 Tretyak 20

Tretyak 20

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

I'd have to say I'm not happy with Lou's moves overall. Three moves made to bring in veteran roster players and not one addresses an actual problem the team had as of yesterday. The Lukowich deal is a potential steal if we can keep him long-term, but he still doesn't solve a very real scoring problem. The Klee deal was a negative-sum. We traded a young player who might just have been useful for an over-the-hill, over-rated and dirty player-rental. The Weimer deal makes no sense - unless you consider that Parise is playing left wing and is a large negative. I suspect he may be heading to Albany sooner or later, or at least taking a big cut in ice-time come the playoffs.

None of these moves have improved this team's playoff chances notably, and only the Lukowich deal stands a real shot at improving us long-term. My read is that Lou still thinks he can win a Cup through pure D. I don't really think that's possible anymore, and I think he'll be shown that lesson in about a month or so. I'd honestly like to be proven wrong, but IMO this team will be 5-games-and-out in the playoffs. :saddevil:
Fire Lou Now.

#99 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:14 PM

i'm happy with Lou today, not many teams were expected to make HUGE moves anyhow. Lou's smart, i trust his decisions....
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#100 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

"Are they saying 'boo' or 'boo-urns?'"

"I was saying 'boo-urns.'"
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users