134 replies to this topic

#81 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

DM it's time to remove this thread. Some people are speculating and are completely wrong others are frustrated. It's over. You made the decision. Live with it. It's time to move on before this thread becomes a cancer within this board.

Edited by LucifersDog, 12 March 2006 - 08:53 PM.

#82 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,814 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

DM it's time to remove this thread. Some people are speculating and are completely wrong others are frustrated. It's over. You made the decision. Live with it. It's time to move on before this thread becomes a cancer within this board.

'Cause that's EVER stopped people from saying how they feel about something on this forum :rolleyes:

the more you don't talk about something like this the more people are gonna guess about it... it's just human nature
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#83 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,370 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:40 PM

Meh, I think its funny people are getting their knots tied over something like this. ITS A FLIPPING MESSAGE BOARD. Nobody got fired from their job just weeks before being able to claim upper end unemployment. Nobody lost their live, they lost their privilage to have control over a message board.

I would take it as a blessing to not have to patrol a website for underaged teenagers who get some sort of pleasure trolling.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 12 March 2006 - 09:43 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#84 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:56 PM

OK...enough is enough...I'm tired of this. It's time to move on and get over it. Nothing is going to change.

I have an idea..... I will ignore this thread and not read any more posts concerning this thread. Maybe all of you who feel the same way should do the same. I just want this thread to go away.

Edited by hattrick, 12 March 2006 - 10:03 PM.

Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#85 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:08 PM

Amazing how people come into a thread and ask it be closed. What is the point? Why not just ignore it instead of clicking on it? It will eventually die its own natural death. This is really just a general comment though as it happens in all sorts of threads.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#86 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:54 PM

:hijack:

:horse:

:lock:
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#87 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:23 PM

:rolleyes:

:blahblah:

<_<

Two can play at this game.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#88 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

just so it's out there....it's not a secret. it's just that nobody wants it debated in an open forum. if you want to know, pm/email RD or DM and they'll tell you.

but an EXCELLENT point was raised a few posts back by sammyk. if you don't like it, don't click on it. if more of that happened, this thread and what caused it wouldn't exist at all.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#89 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,370 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:28 PM

BUMP...lol
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#90 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

I beg everyone to move on.. befoe rthis becomes the next NLD!! :rofl:

Seriously... how about a good Holik thread to start the healing???
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#91 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:49 AM

I would just like to know what this "new direction" stuff is all about. Was this something that was announced and I just happened to miss it or is it some kind of secret?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#92 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:10 AM

Amazing how people come into a thread and ask it be closed. What is the point? Why not just ignore it instead of clicking on it? It will eventually die its own natural death. This is really just a general comment though as it happens in all sorts of threads.

Exactly..

BUMP...lol

:rofl:
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#93 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:00 AM

Wow this was a shock for my Monday morning read. I came to this board to get away form Devil boards that got out of control with users threatening each other, disrespecting one another's opinions and saying that there is only one way to be a true Devils fan.
I am very sorry to see this big change (especially RD and Hasan) happen to this board because the admins seemed very dedicated so I'm hoping that they can still talk things out.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#94 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:28 AM

Are you joking? I've been mocking him for months knowing full well. I think Risky has been too.

It's hard to miss the grammatical foibles that he can't seem to shake, nor the predeliction for handle-changing. But, that's the spice of life around here, and that's what I love about NJDevs. If I can't come here to make snarky remarks about hockey and ill-informed fans, where am I going to do it? The office? People here think the sporting year is six months long, starting in August and ending with the Pro-Bowl.

I also don't know what went on with DM and the admins. I burn too many company hours here as-is, so I don't really frequent OT. It's a tough thing to comment on. I have to give DM recognition for running a time-consuming, expensive, FREE site for all of us (who sometimes are rather ungrateful, I think). In fact, I have to send him a long-overdue PayPal to that end. Anyway, this is a tough situation to comment on. Yes, it is DM's board and he has the right to run it however he sees fit. However, to lose 3 of probably our top 5 posters in ONE STROKE really, really hurts. The difference has already been felt in the absence of Rock's daily newspaper posts. NJDevs without Rough Draft? The poster who manages to be cool and refined in every post, but then cuts loose with some of the most vile sailor-talk this side of Philadelphia in the chat room? It's like I've joined a different forum. I'm glad Hasan appears to still be around. He's one of the few people here who actually has a realistic world-view of the state of New Jersey Devils hockey.

I can't comment on the fall out because I don't know what happened, but I will say this: I would trade 20 of our other posters (23 if you count Lucifer's Dog *wink wink wink*) for Rock, RD, and Hasan to stick around here. I'm glad msweet and DM are still in the mix -- they're great guys and great hockey minds.

I hope this shakes out positively for everyone involved. I will say this -- NJDevs won't lose me, no matter what this forum goes through. Go ahead, breathe that collective sigh of relief!

Keep up the good work, DM. And RD, Rock and Hasan -- please come back. You guys make this place what it is.

Edited by Risky, 13 March 2006 - 11:29 AM.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#95 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:31 AM

I have no idea what is going on... and don't care to. I go to this board to read about the Devils and debate things about them... but I always try to respect whoever I am debating with.

It sucks those posters left because I enjoyed debating with them. As for how serious I take their departures, I prefer to think the articles like "Ruff's daughter has a brain mass" show what the truly important things in life are while threads like this show how we can make things much more important then they actually are.

I hope they all return and I hope evryone chills out a notch or two. We need one good message board, not two or three mediocre ones.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#96 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

Dude, admin or no admin...who cares...

Buddies get into kahoots, and that's reality...

Move on... :rant:

#97 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,814 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:15 PM

Funny how the team's looked flat out awful since the staff changes in here... I know it's a coincidence, but hockey karma IS a bitch eh ???

Just one of those oddities the stupidstitous like me likes to point out B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#98 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

Funny how the team's looked flat out awful since the staff changes in here... I know it's a coincidence, but hockey karma IS a bitch eh ???

Just one of those oddities the stupidstitous like me likes to point out B )

That or the changes made on the trade deadline.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#99 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:34 AM

Outside of several personal reasons, I've been posting less and less on NJDevs because of an overall increasingly immature atmosphere.

So now we have one of the most mature admins booted because of very immature poster(s). And I'd bet my life savings that, given the choice, the vast majority of people here at NJDevs would rather have RD back and have one or several immature posters booted.

Instead of standing up to those who constantly cause trouble, we lost the best thing NJDevs has. Instead of cutting out trouble at its root, we lost our heart and soul.

Big mistake.

During this thread, people keep saying that NJDevs is a community. Well, no offense to you DM, but I think NJDevs as a community would disagree with you if you had given them the choice. Now it all seems irreversible - what a shame. Although you have the total right to make the decisions around here, such a drastic decision was guaranteed to cause dissent. Why not do a private poll with the top 25 non-admin posters? Hell, why not do a public poll?

I simply can't believe RD is no longer a part of NJDevs and yet several rabble-rousing idiots are running rampant. Yeah maybe I'm rabble-rousing right now and some people think I'm an idiot, so I'll do you all a favor and leave as well. NJDevs wouldn't be NJDevs without DM and msweet, true, but for my money, NJDevs can never mean the same thing to me without RD. I think that, in the future, this decision will be looked back at as the worst thing to ever happen to NJDevs. I truly believe that the situation was once reversible but, with RD being "fired," we have now reached the point of no return.

Goodbye, all. To those who don't have it, my AIM name is mrsheeps. Peace

#100 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:34 AM

Bye
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image