49 replies to this topic

#1 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:06 PM

OK...now that we've officially decided to play "Jekel and Hyde"...
Can anyone answer the question...where's Viktor Kozlov??? Why has he been scratched? Fallen out of favor with Louie Lams?

Need help as our team is in jeopardy...

thanks...

:noclue:

#2 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

I can't agree more. 12 goals in 3 games is unacceptable - the Devils are struggling offensively and need a boost, especially the power play.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#3 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,323 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:15 PM

The offense has picked up and done much better with these new lines. I agree with Lou scratching him because the lines seem to be clicking finally.

Parise-Gomez-Gionta
Parise is playing much better and more confident, Gomez and Gionta have not missed a beat and this line is performing well. Plus Gomez is starting to shoot more. I wouldn't touch this line.

Elias-Brylin-Langenbrunner
When I was coming up with lines, I actually had Kozlov in Brylin's spot, but this line seems to have some good chemistry. They are creating chances and I think they will start finishing them more. I wouldn't touch this line unless Brylin starts to hinder it.

Pandolfo-Madden-Marshall
Good defensive line, Marshall seems to be fitting in nicely and not taking penalties which is a big plus. I wouldn't touch this line yet.

Janssen-Rasmussen-Wiemer
This line has been great for this team. Tons of energy. One thing I noticed is that Janssen was taken off this line to have Gionta or Elias double shifted for more offense. Perhaps if we are playing a less physical opponent then Kozlov could take Janssen's spot. We will still have three tough guys in Rasmussen, Wiemer, and Marshall so I wouldn't worry about taking Janssen out even though I love him. Also Rasmussen and Wiemer did look better offensively so if anything the addition of Kozlov would help.

So I guess my point is there is just not a role available for Kozlov but there may be one on the 4th line if we really need more offensive help.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#4 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

Kozlov is not a benchable player in my estimation. Yes, he's played peekaboo during stretches of the season, but he's an offensive threat, who can finish plays...

Madden, for example, is great defensively, but can't finish for the life of him...

Kozy needs to play against Ottawa. Another reason why he needs to play...say we're tied, and we need the two points, Kozy's a threat during the shoot-out...he needs to be there!

#5 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:29 PM

kozlov doesn't win the game tonight...a better brodeur does. goals 3 and 4 were a joke.

i was speaking with a friend who is very clued in with the devils and especially the russian guys.

they all agree that viktor has skills, but to a man they think he's lazy. they're screaming for him to skate and shoot, but he simply takes too many shifts off.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#6 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

kozlov doesn't win the game tonight...a better brodeur does. goals 3 and 4 were a joke.

i was speaking with a friend who is very clued in with the devils and especially the russian guys.

they all agree that viktor has skills, but to a man they think he's lazy. they're screaming for him to skate and shoot, but he simply takes too many shifts off.

Absolutely. A better Brodeur defintely makes a difference tonight. What in goodness sake happened on Stajan's goal??? Yuuuuuk!!!

#7 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:34 PM

dejavu from last year in playoffs

#8 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

Absolutely. A better Brodeur defintely makes a difference tonight. What in goodness sake happened on Stajan's goal??? Yuuuuuk!!!

Its hard to be mad at marty cause if it wasnt for him, the Devils would probably not even be anywhere near the playoffs right now. There were so many nights this season where he won points for the team that they really didnt deserve. Who knows whats up with him. Everybody says he gets tired but if hes getting tired, its not a physical thing but rather mental. Its been a trying, and long season and it just might be catching up with him.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#9 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

I can't agree more. 12 goals in 3 games is unacceptable - the Devils are struggling offensively and need a boost, especially the power play.

Hrm. That seems like something I would write.

As I was inferring in the game thread, letting Toronto score so many goals, something that they haven,t be able to do recently, was far more embarassing than our offensive ineptitude.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#10 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:51 PM

kozlov sucks
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#11 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:10 PM

kozlov sucks

Actually if you watched olympics, when given a chance he is pretty dominant.

#12 brodeurfanatic

brodeurfanatic

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:15 PM

Kozlov looked pretty impressive in the Olympics.

I always wonder why he is always scratched.
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig UnderdogX

---

"He loves the game, he has God-given talent and we're just glad he's in our pipes," - Lou Lamoriello vs Flyers on 4/1/06

---

Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Brodeur's Coach Jacques Caron
Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Special Assignment Coach Pat Burns

Starting a Game Thread Record ~ 4-1-0-1

#13 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,323 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

Kozlov looked pretty impressive in the Olympics.

I always wonder why he is always scratched.

He was a completely different player for Russia. He was motivated, hell he was even blocking shots for them when he wasn't on the offensive rush. We don't see that Viktor Kozlov here in NJ. We get the lazy guy who shows flashes of brilliance but never can put the whole package together. It is very frustrating.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#14 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

I agree, he shows flashes of brilliance but is lazy, however, there are two things I don't care about Lou's (or whomever is actually calling the shots on the bench) coaching strategy...1.) is his timing of things, whether it's pulling Brodeur or whether it's changing up the lines...with all the offense we've needed this season it was wayyyyyy over due for the lines to be changed...2.) is the way they have a tendency to play the player who "earned" a spot to play...don't get me wrong if a guy is hot then by all means play him but overall Kozzy is a better offensive boost then a few players out there...especially if he could actually get a chance to get some chemistry going with better line mates...secondly I know I really really dislike Klee but overall Lukowich is a better player and should be playing...he started to fit in the system quicker and is more talented...ok, so if Klee has been strong then switch out old man Alby but Lukowich should be in...we all know who's going to be playing if we get into the playoffs why not let them get some good chemistry going down the final stretch.....

p.s. Marty let some bad goals in tonight...I know he's an all-star, the best goalie in the world whatever, there was no excuse for being rested and come in playing like that...he looked brilliant when our defense collapsed and we were pressured but a tiny slip up and he lets in 2 soft goals...the fact that he is sooooo good is the exact reason why he shouldn't make those mistakes...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#15 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

I think we get Kozlov in the lineup!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#16 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:15 AM

He's the one Devils player I was hoping would take the most away from watching the Ken Daneyko tribute the other night. Its just not in the cards for him to ever realize how good he has it, it seems.
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#17 Have Another Donut

Have Another Donut

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:49 AM

I understand they are not happy with Kozlov because he is deemed as lazy or at least not
playing to his ability. But I still think he should be in the line-up because the Devs need
more offense (how many times this year have they come back from down 2 goals?)and at least
there's a CHANCE he can provide some scoring-unlike his replacement-
Janssen who has ZERO offensive ability. Don't get me wrong, I love Janssen but I think he
needs to be in Albany where he can get much more ice time and work on his non-existent offensive game.
Even if Kozlov doesn't do much in the game itself he has been one of the best in the league
in the shootout-and the way things are going the Devs need every point they can get just
to make the playoffs. Interesting that the Russians picked Kovlov over Brylin.
Maybe Brylin couldn't hear the phone ring because "his ears were blocked with his 3 stanley cup rings".
"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." Dr. Jerry Graham

#18 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:51 AM

One word: PrimadonaKov!!!!!

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#19 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:12 AM

i watched kozlov in the olympics, i also watched him in florida, what a debacle that was.

he could easily be a 80-90 point scorer in the new nhl with his size, speed, hands, and all that wonderful talent he could be a dominant player on a nightly basis. especially since he can line up at wing or center.

unfortunatley i challenge you to name one time in the past 5 years where kozlov has used that talent on a nightly basis.

he has what? 25 points this year? that is dreadful and he even had a 5 point game one night. i remeber looking up his stats earlier this year and i counted a streak where he had something like 4 points in 30 some games. how sad is that.

don't even blame it on lack of opportunity. that streak followed right after a rather dominating night in tampa. mabye towards the end he wasn't used much, but still there are rookies with half his talent who can produce more than 4 points in 30 with only 10 minutes of icetime. why? because they try. kozlov doesn't deserve icetime if he doesn't even remotely try. and he doesn't care enough to motivate himself, somebody mentioned before benching him won't do much, i agree. the only thing that motivates him is the shootout. woooo you got a solid 10 seconds where kozlov tries in a penalty shot situation.

Edited by bruins4777, 27 March 2006 - 01:12 AM.

Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#20 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:36 AM

at this point scratching kozlov is pretty lame. sure he's an underacheiver...but he has also been grossly misused and stuck on a 4th line for much of his ice time this year.

i don't think he has been paired with the right people on a consistant basis.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users