22 replies to this topic

#1 puck

puck

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:58 PM

Any chance we see Alexander in the :saddevil: playoffs?

#2 Guest_troycrowder25_*

Guest_troycrowder25_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:03 PM

Any chance we see Alexander in the :saddevil: playoffs?

No fvcking way

#3 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

what eloquence

I'm here for the party

#4 Guest_troycrowder25_*

Guest_troycrowder25_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:12 PM

Let's not do that again Troy.

Edited by DevilMinder, 01 April 2006 - 09:38 PM.

#5 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

wrong again Posted Image

p.s. uu not cc...

Edited by Pepperkorn, 01 April 2006 - 04:16 PM.

I'm here for the party

#6 Guest_troycrowder25_*

Guest_troycrowder25_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

wrong again Posted Image

I was gonna say dishes too

#7 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:21 PM

I remembered the mailbag from tsn said that the Devils CAN bring Almo during the playoffs theoretically since players don't get paid in the post-season.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#8 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:23 PM

well, from what I've heard the playoffs is the only time they can bring him back without having him exposed to waivers.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:13 PM

we're looking goood so far without him. don't fix whats not broke!
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#10 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:31 PM

we're looking goood so far without him. don't fix whats not broke!

I agree. Our lines seem pretty good as of late, so let's try to keep it the same. However, I say we bring Mogilny up and have him as a healthy scratch if we can so that if someone gets injured or we start sucking again we can put him in.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#11 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:41 PM

I say we bring him up as a healthy scratch just as devilsfan said....especially if it looks like we might have a good run....but only on the basis if he retires next season or allows a contract restructure....something to get him off the cap!!
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#12 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

Groan! Not again? :doh1:

#13 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:57 PM

I say we bring him up as a healthy scratch just as devilsfan said....especially if it looks like we might have a good run....but only on the basis if he retires next season or allows a contract restructure....something to get him off the cap!!

if we bring him up for the playoffs and send him back to the ahl after the playoffs, i don't think his salary would count against the cap.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#14 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:00 PM

i think we should try to bring him up... and if he clears waivers... then cool... we have offensive help... and if someone picks him up... then cool... we dont have his contract anymore

#15 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:02 PM

i think we should try to bring him up... and if he clears waivers... then cool... we have offensive help... and if someone picks him up... then cool... we dont have his contract anymore

he doesn't need to clear waivers if we bring him up in the playoffs. also it would be bad if he doesn't clear waivers because we'd be paying half his salary and not even have the option of using him on the ice.
--John Buccigross

#16 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,730 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

The Devils will not be letting Alexander Mogilny and his poor attitude anywhere near this club in the playoffs. He will be told to go home - the Devils already have an ace in the hole with Viktor Kozlov, who can play all three forward positions in case of injury.

Daniel McGillis, OTOH, may be asked to skate with the team. We'd have 9 NHL capable defensemen if that were the case.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#17 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:48 PM

if we bring him up for the playoffs and send him back to the ahl after the playoffs, i don't think his salary would count against the cap.

No i meant next year with the whole "his salary might still count against the cap" thing...to avoid backloading vet contracts or something...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#18 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:50 PM

Call him up so Kozlov has a Russian buddy to watch the games with.

#19 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:24 PM

No i meant next year with the whole "his salary might still count against the cap" thing...to avoid backloading vet contracts or something...

I think you mean frontloading... the issue was say if I wanted to have Mario Lemieux play for me. He wants the max for 1 season. So if I give that to hime straight up, its a 7million hit on the salary cap. But say I give him a deal that pays him a 5 year deal structured 7mil 550k 550k 550k 550k, it would be 9.2mm total over 5 years: hits the salary cap as 1.64mm a season.

I think the NHL needs to come to a compromise about the retirement rule and the cap. Lou said the rule was designed to prevent the above... I think Malakov's case is completely different.

Furthermore, there should be a rule against what we are doing to Mogilny. Its extremely sad, but makes perfect sense for our team. I just don't think you should be able to dump salary by assigning an aging star to the minors.

Edited by aylbert, 02 April 2006 - 11:25 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#20 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

The Devils will not be letting Alexander Mogilny and his poor attitude anywhere near this club in the playoffs. He will be told to go home - the Devils already have an ace in the hole with Viktor Kozlov, who can play all three forward positions in case of injury.

Daniel McGillis, OTOH, may be asked to skate with the team. We'd have 9 NHL capable defensemen if that were the case.

9?
I didnt know Ken Klee was an NHL caliber dmen... Seriously this guy is just awful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users