#541 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:18 AM

My bad, went ghetto on you for a second, lol
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#542 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:20 AM

Ah yes, back to Kovy's question.
Question: Does the HOS like orange vodka?
Answer: Hell, yes!

#543 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:20 AM

As long as it doesn't involve tequila shots.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#544 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:22 AM

You know what they say.
Beer before liquor, never sicker.
Liquor before beer, never fear.
In other words, the HOS is HOSED tonight!

#545 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:25 AM

The HOS must be preparing for St. Patty's Day. The Kovy appreciates your allegiance with current Avatar and images.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#546 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:32 AM

Time to set that alarm clock.
3 pm sounds good.
Wouldn't want to miss the game!

#547 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:34 AM

The HOS has had a little too much to drink and has set his alarm clock to 3 AM, boy will he be pissed when he wakes up an hour from now, lol
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#548 E-Devil

E-Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 02:46 AM

HOS you going to the Saint Patty's day parade tommorow morning? I figure I would let my 50% Irish side drag me on down to Denver downtown.
"Playing with him now, I have an even greater respect for him," center Joe Nieuwendyk said of Stevens. "He's a true captain. He's a leader."

#549 HarbingerOfSorrow

HarbingerOfSorrow

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 03:25 AM

Is the HOS going to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in LoDo?
Does the HOS enjoy his Guinness?

When: Saturday 10 AM
Where: Starts at 27th and Blake streets

#550 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 10:48 AM

HOS, you are a riot! :lol:
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#551 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 11:06 AM

Damn alcoholics! I will be missing all the St. Pat's festivities this year as I will be at the PAC, taking my Mom to see The Chieftains. I am going to miss the end of the game! Tip back a few and it should be fun.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#552 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:10 PM

Aahh, The Chieftains! There's an appropriate way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#553 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 05:35 PM

Square down!

#554 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,687 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 05:38 PM

Yep...if the Isles win on Monday IT'S OVER!
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#555 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,195 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 06:02 PM

That Isles/Rags game on Monday is going to be great, they're gonna finish 'em off for good just like that Turgeon game in 93, history repeating itself :)

if NYI & Montreal win tonight, you could probably make a strong case for it being over already.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#556 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 06:10 PM

Backs to the walls, for sure.

Wonder if Carter is pining for Edmonton; he sure didn't seem happy to be traded in that one interview clip I saw of him.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#557 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 06:38 PM

It never seems to change with this team. No matter who wears the jersey and no matter how much $$$ they spend, it's the same old story.

It's difficult to put into words how I feel.

I always wonder why they can't just start from scratch and rebuild. Cut away some of the dead weight like Lindros, etc.

The Islander game will probably mean little Monday (especially if they beat Ottawa tonight). I am already resolved to the fact it will be another postseason miss.

When you overturn your roster as much as they do, it shouldn't be shocking that they don't have the chemistry to have Team Success.

Throwing cash around doesn't work unless you have a solid foundation meaning players who are in the organization for the long haul and know what's expected.

Just look around the league. Detroit does it wisely. They have 10-11 players who were drafted and they add the guys to that longevity they already have there.

It all starts with Yzerman, Fedorov and Lidstrom. They also draft well as evidenced by the promise that Datsyuk and Zetterberg have. Two guys who have the potential to be stars.

Detroit's also made wise deals for grinders like Draper and Maltby and they have become mainstays.

In order for a team to have success, there has to be that consistency in keeping some of your own players. When you look at the team that is the biggest culprit for today's NHL problems, they don't have that. Only Leetch, Richter (who is probably finished), Purinton and Lundmark are draft picks.

Leetch and Richter are the only guys who stayed since '94. Messier left and then cameback. Kovalev was a Pen and has stopped being the player he was in Pittsburgh. Lost in the shuffle just like most guys.

I hope one day Glen Sather gets fired and Cablevision sells the team. I just don't see them ever having any kind of success until they get an ownership that knows how to win championships.

#558 Blackjack

Blackjack

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:17 PM

I feel bad for Ranger fans that really know hockey like Derek. They deserve a much higher quality organization.

#559 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:21 PM

[quote name='Blackjack' date='Mar 15 2003, 07:17 PM']I feel bad for Ranger fans that really know hockey like Derek. They deserve a much higher quality organization.

Thank you Blackjack. It's nice to see that there are some knowledgable fans here.

#560 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:21 PM

Hmm...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users