#741 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,029 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 04:03 PM

NJDev25:

I don't know who that was, but Reunion had been "berry berry good" to the Stars - until then.

Before the Cup Finals started anyway ;) :evil:

Not sure who said the quote it might have been Keane; I remember he had his lucky suit that he never lost in that he wore before Game 6 :uni:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#742 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,962 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 04:05 PM

Actually funny thing. It was a red suit but the day of game six he did not wear the suit. He just was holding it.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#743 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 05:08 PM

That was an unbelievably horrible looking red jacket! Love Keaner, though. He's a great guy to have on a team. He's hysterical!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#744 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,856 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 06:26 PM

[quote name='insanity_gallops' date='Mar 28 2003, 01:59 PM']All this talk of Messier reminds me of MJ's comments after a Wizards' loss a week or so ago.

He said there's something wrong when the only 40-year-old on the team is outhustling and outplaying teammates 20 years younger in an attempt to get the team into the playoffs.

From what I'd seen of Messier this year, he always hustled on every shift, was always dedicated to the game and kept focused. Sure, he's lost a step and it can be argued that he should have been given a lesser role on the team (there was some stat circulating that the Rangers were almost perfect in games where Messier played less than 11 minutes), but the same arguments could be made for even our beloved Stevens. He's not the same as he used to be, but he's still valuable, he's still respected around the league, and he can still get the job done when he's called on. Personally I think Stevens is in better shape (in a few ways) than Messier is these days, but that's that.

Like it was said before, if more Rangers had played with Messier's intensity and focus, they would have made the playoffs.

And if they had any sort of core group of guys that actually had chemistry. But that's getting off the Messier-related-rant.

Well said insanity. Your comparison to what Jordan said about his teammates is right on.

Messier gave his all this year but his teammates did not.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#745 puck

puck

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 11:10 PM

Just want to kep the thread alive.

The Jerks won today so the ultimate end is delayed but i await the DRHB's qoute's when that does happen.

Bobby"I only care about winning" Holik$$$

#746 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 11:17 PM

You know it may come down to the Devils/Rags game to decide their fate. :burn:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#747 puck

puck

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 11:32 PM

You know it may come down to the Devils/Rags game to decide their fate. :burn:

THAT would be sweet.

#748 SBT

SBT

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 11:44 PM

Shockingly, the Rangers still have a chance.
Especially since the Isles should lose to the Devils.
And the Rangers still have a game against the Isles.

#749 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,029 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 03:29 PM

I'm now convinced NEITHER of these teams deserve the playoffs. I thought the Isles had a little heart too but 11-2 in the last two games? They're almost as gutless as the Rag$ :rolleyes: Looks like it'll be a matchup between the Isles' four-point lead and the Rag$ better talent.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#750 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 03:59 PM

This thread is the MOST memorable
Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

#751 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 08:18 PM

Scary stuff............. :blink:

Would ya look at the size of his cranium.....damn! Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#752 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 08:56 PM

The dudes got a five head! :o

:D
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#753 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:21 PM

It's Clint Eastwood with no hair.
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#754 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:41 PM

Blasphemy, NJay! Clint rocks!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#755 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 11:09 PM

Rangers suck, thats all there is to say.

Everyones always saying, well if the rangers suck, why do they sell out every game.

They sell out because companies buy tickets to give away to foreign clients that don't know about the swamp...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users