20 replies to this topic

#1 Drifter77

Drifter77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

Just checked out Sports Express in Livingston Mall for the first time today. Really nice store -- I'll probably be getting a replica jersey there in the next week or two. They have a decent selection of pre-made customized jerseys in stock, but has anyone had them make up one that wasn't in stock? I'm just curious as to the turnaround time. I'm still deciding whose number to get and may end up wanting one that isn't on hand (Parise maybe?).

#2 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:48 PM

Thanks guy who has never posted here before!
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#3 Drifter77

Drifter77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:53 PM

Thanks guy who has never posted here before!

Um, did I violate some forum rule by posting this question?

#4 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:56 PM

Just checked out Sports Express in Livingston Mall for the first time today. Really nice store -- I'll probably be getting a replica jersey there in the next week or two. They have a decent selection of pre-made customized jerseys in stock, but has anyone had them make up one that wasn't in stock? I'm just curious as to the turnaround time. I'm still deciding whose number to get and may end up wanting one that isn't on hand (Parise maybe?).

I got mine made there... they are really expensive.. i paid 144 for my jersey there.. then decided it was too big and got a size smaller at a sports store in the Ocean County Mall, same player, same jersey etc... for 89 bucks

Im guessing he was joking!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin cheeseburger dude!

#5 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:14 PM

Only the rules in 731s mind. Otherwise you're A-OK. :evil:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

Ya, I was half joking, just seemed strange of someone to register just to ask a question about a jersey place, and calling it really nice, after never posted before. So either you lurked for a long time and this was the first topic that ever made you post, which is fine, or you searched out a Devils message board just to ask that question. Either are cool, just seemed weird to me that this would be the topic that would stir someone to action. The first half of the message seems to really be touting the place up too, like a commercial.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#7 Drifter77

Drifter77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:11 PM

Ya, I was half joking, just seemed strange...

Okay, fair enough. I can see how my initial post looked like a commercial, but I am in no way affiliated with the place. I was just pleasantly surprised to see a sports shop with a half-way decent selection of hockey merchandise. Most of the places I frequent have a couple hats and a T-shirt or two...no customized jerseys, etc.

And yes, I've lurked here off and on for quite a while but for whatever reason never registered until now (maybe I just belong to so many forums already and didn't want to add to my confusion). Anyway, this is a great forum and I'm glad to be here.

-Luke

#8 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

Glad to have you here also.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#9 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:22 PM

Welcome to the board!

731: :P ;)

#10 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

Is that Sammy hitting on me and me reacting in confusion?

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#11 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

It is most certainly not Sammy hitting on you.

#12 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:38 PM

the guy who owns the place is good friends with elias, fyi

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#13 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:39 PM

Hey hands off little man!!

:)
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"

Tim O'Connor

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin cheeseburger dude!

#14 Drifter77

Drifter77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:03 PM

the guy who owns the place is good friends with elias, fyi

I figured he must be in the Know -- he was talking to Zach Parise on the phone like they're buddies while I was browsing.

-Luke

#15 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:52 PM

some kid who works there hit on me online for a few months... and totally used the devils coming in to his advantage.. i never talk to random IMers..but i kept chatting cause he kept talking about different guys coming in.. :)

I had been in the store several times before this and figured I knew who it was messagin me.. but then he sent a pic..and it confirmed I knew who he was...
then after that..like 4 months or so...(i stopped talking to him about 2 weeks after he Imed me first) We were at a bar and I saw him..and he started hitting on my friend for the whole night.
I always have a good chuckle when i go in there now

Tim O'Connor

#16 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:56 PM

How did he get your IM ID?

#17 Noon30

Noon30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

some kid who works there hit on me online for a few months... and totally used the devils coming in to his advantage.. i never talk to random IMers..but i kept chatting cause he kept talking about different guys coming in.. :)

I had been in the store several times before this and figured I knew who it was messagin me.. but then he sent a pic..and it confirmed I knew who he was...
then after that..like 4 months or so...(i stopped talking to him about 2 weeks after he Imed me first) We were at a bar and I saw him..and he started hitting on my friend for the whole night.
I always have a good chuckle when i go in there now

Thats pretty funny, and weird all at the same time. :blink:

#18 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:11 AM

How did he get your IM ID?

Well, i used to have one of those dumb aol profiles that said my interests...and i that i was lcoated in jersey.. i never gave out any specifics.. but he said he searched for local devil fans.

Tim O'Connor

#19 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:55 AM

Welcome Aboard Drifter!!!

Sports Express is a descent shop, with average pricing. They have done a good job with stuff I've ordered. The owner use to work the store and he would cut deals. But his wife had a baby and he isn't there as much anymore. The store workers, just sell at the retail pricing.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#20 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:34 AM

Welcome Drifter77. :devil:

Open Question:
Will that store put any name onto a Jersey I already own?

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users