There are no ifs or buts about tonights game WE HAVE TO WIN, end of conversation, letting the Rangers win tonight will give them the slightess glimmer of hope and we don't want that to happen.
It is true that winning in the playoffs is first about scoring more than your opponent, but the quickest way to do that is to make them feel like no matter what they do, they cannot beat you (see series vs. Leafs 2001).
That doubt has already been planted, yet they are still holding onto these ideas:
1) We lost 2 games on the Road, not any at Home.
2) We lost because we took too many penalties.
3) We lost because our Goaltender wasn't 100%
4) We lost because we had the Man-Advantage too much.
5) We lost because our Superstar is hurt.
A solid game is the most important tonight, the results will follow after that is accomplished.