25 replies to this topic

#21 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:53 PM

LMAO you seem thrilled. I know he takes a lot of heat but Frankenstein really isn't a bad coach. Look at all the injuries the Leafs had yet they almost squeaked in again. But still, I don't know if he'd be the right fit for the Canucks. They must unload Bertuzzi.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#22 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

Oh there is no doubt he's a great coach, i just can't wrap my head around cheering for him..i really cannot. And yeah Bertuzzi and Cloutier need to go, Morrisson too...anything, please :argh: (leave naslund though... :uni: )
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#23 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

Okay. Understood. If Cloutier goes, what happens to the goalie spot? They got Auld and Noronen. Is what's his name going to be ready soon? The kid they took the same year as Montoya. Cory something. I assume he's the goalie of the future.

If Morrison is gone, do the Sedins become the building blocks of the franchise? They had great seasons.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#24 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

I hate to say it but yeah i would have Auld as my #1...ughh i feel soo DIRTY..blahhh

Sedins absolutely are the future of this franchise in the next few years, along with Carter. No other guy has been able to go in and have the chemistry he has had with hank and daniel. I think if nonis ends up leaving Bertuzzi or Morrison he obviously needs someone to spark that line. With morrisson and/or Bert, and Cloutier gone there would be lots of cap space . I mean even Kesler was playing well with the former "top line". There were some rumblings about possibly Forsberg..but i can't se that happening anytime soon..and really who needs an overpaid gimped?
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#25 LancasterDevil

LancasterDevil

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:19 PM

I agree that Cherry is like the Archie Bunker of hockey. He's the epitome of every backwoods, supermacho Canadian hockey player who look down on europeans, french Canadians and anyone who wears a visor. I usually disagree with a lot of what he say - but not all. I think he's almost a caricature.

But dang, he's entertaining to listen to. :P

#26 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:07 AM

Btw...I was thinking of Cory Schneider. I think he plays for BC. What's he got? Another year left?

Auld was once a high pick for the Canucks. But being that they gave up a 2nd rounder for Noronen, you think they'll maybe give him a look next fall anna?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users