53 replies to this topic

#41 emptynet

emptynet

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:13 AM

This article from a no name hack, doesnt even deserve a response.

Too bad he waited NINE LONG YEARS for his team to make the playoffs only to see them score 1 meaningful goal at home. Sure they made the playoffs, but they still havent won a playoff game in 9 years and counting LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...........
"He tried to run him into next week and only got a day and a half..." Doc Emeric

I think I need to go home and lie down... nothing makes sense any more. - MDDEVSFAN

Official Keeper of the Devils locker room

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:00 PM

the day after the rangers sweep, they write an opinion article like this.........this reeks of NYC bellyaching.

Bingo. fvck him. Just another bitter, jealous Ranger fan probably.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:02 PM

I am warming to the idea of a Newark Arena..... lol

Me 2
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#44 LancasterDevil

LancasterDevil

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:19 PM

God, I cannot WAIT until I can take the train to a Devils game. I will gladly never drive to another Devils home game again. Never have to pay $10 for parking again, never have to walk friggin miles across other highways to get to and from my car again, never have to deal with Turnpie traffic again.

I grew up and lived my first 28 years in NJ, and I used to be a partial season ticket holder for a good part of Devils history until I moved away. I go to games every so often, but it's a 3-hour drive from Lancaster, PA. When I go, I usually swing by my family in South Brunswick, NJ and pick up others. I cannot wait until I can stay there and take a train up to Newark and see a game.

The Devils fan base is more Central Jersey than it is North Jersey. It may have been North Jersey in the beginning, but it's much more Central Jersey and the Shore now. Newark is so much more convenient to that part of the state.

#45 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:28 PM

Heh, good cuz I was just about to start dusting off some of my old maps, graphs and charts :P

Can't wait!

---

This location even makes it easier for me coming from Texas to go to a game. Get on the monorail at EWR, switch to NJ Transit and stop in Newark which is the next or second stop after the airport.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#46 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:35 PM

This location even makes it easier for me coming from Texas to go to a game. Get on the monorail at EWR, switch to NJ Transit and stop in Newark which is the next or second stop after the airport.

So we can write Sammy down for 10-15 games the first season in Newark?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#47 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:48 PM

So we can write Sammy down for 10-15 games the first season in Newark?

Sure if someone pays for airfare. :evil:

Hey by then, who knows.

#48 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:50 PM

Oh, baby, let's get Rutt's Hut rippers at the Newark Arena! :clap:

The Meadowlands is more convenient for me, but I'm definitely willing to give the new place a chance.

#49 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

I'll absolutely go to more games in Newark. And if they cut out the loud music and noise, I'll buy season tix. :D

#50 GoDevs11

GoDevs11

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:58 PM

I think that if they do the pricing structure well in the new arena it will bring in a much younger crowd. The fans between the ages of 17-24, if they can grab tickets for $10-$15. With the amount of colleges in North Jersey, as well as the amount of high schools within reach of NJ Transit, it will be huge.

When you sit in the cheap seats at a baseball game, there are entire sections of kids that bought the $10 tickets. The Devils could capitalize on this.

I will go to way more games in Newark because I live within walking distance of an NJ Transit station!

#51 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:03 PM

there still isnt hasnt been an indoor design relesed as yet. Why not? All we, the fans and public, have seen is a picture of what it could look like from a banner at the site. Whats up with that?

#52 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:06 PM

there still isnt hasnt been an indoor design relesed as yet. Why not? All we, the fans and public, have seen is a picture of what it could look like from a banner at the site. Whats up with that?

Perhaps it's not finalized yet? Anyway, as skeeter mentioned earlier:

In a few weeks they'll have a virtual view of the inside with views from each seat.

#53 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:26 PM

http://www.earthcam....clients/newark/

Here is a great site. Check out all the progress that's been made on our new home!!!

#54 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

http://www.earthcam....clients/newark/

Here is a great site. Check out all the progress that's been made on our new home!!!

Wow that is sweet! Thanks for the link. Provided by the City of Newark too!

Great archives in there too. Goes back to early March.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users