21 replies to this topic

#1 oilers88cup

oilers88cup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:48 AM

Well my Oilers are up on the mighty RedWings and "Hockeytown" is crying about the oil playing the trap.Sour grapes as far as I'M concerned.President's trophy winners should be a good team so learn to break it.I just hope they can win game 6,game 7 in Detroit would be very tough.
Let's go Oilers!
And c'mon Buffalo, beat those damn Flyers!

#2 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,288 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:13 AM

Detroit's regular season record overstates how good they were. I am not surprised by Edmonton winning--the Red Wings compiled alot of wins by having to play Columbus, St. Louis and Chicago for a good portion of thier schedule. Edmonton is too much for them too handle.

I don't think Edmonton will beyond the next round though.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:57 AM

The wings need someone besides zetterberg to step up offensively.

legace isn't playing badly, but he's not keeping them in it, he's really been outdueled.

Edited by bruins4777, 30 April 2006 - 10:57 AM.

Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#4 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,932 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

I wish I could somehow go to game 6, im sure the atmosphere in that arena is going to be unbelievable.

Edited by Satans Child, 30 April 2006 - 11:08 AM.

#5 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:30 PM

I sure hope they can get it done at home, those Oiler fans are rabid, among the best in hockey and they deserve another Cup run.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:00 PM

Hey John. It's nice to see your Oilers playing great. Now they must finish the job in Game Six in front of some of the most rabid fans in the world.

Edmonton isn't a normal eight seed. When you got a guy like Pronger anchoring that blueline and some of the most underrated young talent in the league (Hemsky, Horcoff, Torres, Stoll, Bergeron), you are very formidable. Toss in the grit of Ryan Smyth and Michael Peca and this team is tough. I really like what the Oilers did. But the difference so far has been Roloson. We both agreed giving up a 1st round pick was steep. So far, so good.

Go Oilers!!!!!!

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#7 oilers88cup

oilers88cup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 04:22 PM

We'l see tomorrow night. I know Rexall Place will be fired up.It would be sooo sweet to eliminate that team.10 O'clock tomorrow night Derek.Let's go Oilers!

#8 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

OIlers in 6? God I hope not...but just because i wanted them swept in 4 means that they probably will pull off the upset and win it in 6....ughh :argh:
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#9 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:30 PM

We'l see tomorrow night. I know Rexall Place will be fired up.It would be sooo sweet to eliminate that team.10 O'clock tomorrow night Derek.Let's go Oilers!

Man, I really wish I could watch that. I'll be tuning on though via NHL radio. Go Oilers!

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#10 oilers88cup

oilers88cup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:19 AM

8 P.M. tonight Derek.Love the avatar! Go Oilers!

#11 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

Hey, oilers88cup -

this may sound crazy coming from a Stars fan, but I'm pulling for your Oilers all the way! I've had a lot of respect for your team all those years we played each other in the playoffs, and I'm a big Ryan Smyth fan, too. So go Oilers!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#12 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:45 AM

Is it possible that tonight's game will be broadcast on Yahoo like last night's Canes-Habs game?

#13 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:51 AM

I attended a "west coast" fan club trip in 1989.
We went to Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton & Calgary.
By far, the Oiler fans were the nicest people around.
Go Oilers. Anything to eliminate Hockey-town is OK with me.

#14 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:21 PM

Is it possible that tonight's game will be broadcast on Yahoo like last night's Canes-Habs game?

i'm pretty sure its on OLN, so i doubt it...
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#15 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:08 PM

With 1 more win each from Cal/Edm, I can put on the parachute pants and enjoy a battle of alberta as good as circa '87-88-89...

Where's Jim Peplinski?!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#16 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

8 P.M. tonight Derek.Love the avatar! Go Oilers!

Should be fun to follow during the show. P.S. I knew you would love it. :rofl:

#17 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,940 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:13 PM

Should be fun to follow during the show. P.S. I knew you would love it. :rofl:

Derek cool avatar but must admit I am also disturbed by it at all...when you consider who you are imitating in that avatar :lol: :lol: :lol:

And oh about tonight....

LET'S GO OILERS!!

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#18 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:54 PM

Congratulations to you John. You're the most loyal fan I know!

Awesome comeback. The Oilers radio guys called it a miracle goal. I agree. Great stuff.

YOUR DREAM IS ALIVE!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :boogie: :dance:

Edited by Derek21, 01 May 2006 - 09:55 PM.

#19 oilers88cup

oilers88cup

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:28 PM

Oilers win! Oilers WIN! Bye bye great detroit! Tee time for you guys is 6A.M. Dirty Chelios & company have a nice ride back to Motown!Oilers win! Oilers Win! Biggest win for them in 10 years easily!

#20 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:36 PM

John, what happens if they continue this magic carpet ride? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users