81 replies to this topic

#41 puck

puck

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:26 PM

Canes had a great year but they have been hit by injuries and have a weak D(see commod). I like the matchup. Just hope the week off doesn't mess up the magic that they have been playing with.

Edited by puck, 02 May 2006 - 09:26 PM.

#42 expect_the_unexpected

expect_the_unexpected

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:35 PM

Is it just me or do Cam Ward's goalie pads look ginormous?

#43 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,854 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:38 PM

Hartford have *NOT* been impressive all series long. Cam Ward HAS been impressive, but the rest of the Whalers did not control the game flow they way they should have. Tonight was a classic example. Montreal had a LOT of great chances, but they either shot themselves in the foot (Murray) or Cam Ward came to the rescue.

And really, who would you choose between the Whale and the Sabres right now?
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#44 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:39 PM

Figuring out who plays when besides Ottawa depends on a few things. Would it be fair to have the Flames or Ducks open on Friday?

If Calgary won, I would imagine the Sharks would play the Avs at 10:00 or 10:30 after the Sens game on Friday and NBC would have the Devils-Canes and CBC would have Flames-Oilers later that night on Saturday.

I guess if the Ducks won, the Sharks might play the Oilers Friday and the Devils-Canes and Ducks-Avs would play Saturday but I am sure CBC would have to have a Saturday night Canadian game so maybe the Devils and Canes would play Friday while the Sharks-Oilers play Saturday Night and the Ducks-Avs play an NBC afternoon game.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#45 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:44 PM

"Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime."

(I am of absolutely no use in this thread. :evil: )
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#46 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:48 PM

the devils need to fear mark recchi, his 7 points in 20 regular season games aren't the real enemy, but his enormous mouth that never shuts
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#47 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:51 PM

I disagree with the title of this thread. That deflection off Ribero's stick was pretty nasty. Not much a goaltender can do in that situation except pray it doesn't catch net. Goaltender's Union! B )
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#48 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Doc didn't call game 1, since they'd probly think COL-SJ/ANA is a bigger matchup.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#49 DevilsMJ

DevilsMJ

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

I hope not. Because I have Met tickets that day.

YEAH METS!!!!!!!

if its true that both games are friday then the devils might not be televised... because they said the buffalo ottawa game is on oln... i wouldnt be able to see the devils here in GAY pennsylvania where i go to college....

Me too, I would get the Sabs game, but also I will be too drunk to watch it Friday as it is Slope Day here and that means waking up at 7 am and drinking through the day and the Ben Folds Five concert and through the night. It would be nice to wake up at 3pm Saturday and watch the devs.
1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2003 , and 2008were the best years of my life what will be the next?

RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!

Go METS!!!!!!!!!

G-MENNNNNN!!!!!!!!

#50 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,854 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:12 PM

Anyone catch the TSN feed of the Failures-Sabres game when they were discussing possible scheduling? They mentioned that the league may put one Ottawa game on Friday and one on Monday so as to not interrupt "Dora the Explorer". I didn't catch the rest of the conversation but it something to do with a "Swiper" character and a "Diego".

#51 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:14 PM

Did anyone tape game 4 against the rags?

I downloaded it off the internets....if you want I could send it to you.

#52 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,854 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:25 PM

I downloaded it off the internets....

Find any good rumours out there? :D

#53 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:27 PM

Hartford have *NOT* been impressive all series long. Cam Ward HAS been impressive, but the rest of the Whalers did not control the game flow they way they should have. Tonight was a classic example. Montreal had a LOT of great chances, but they either shot themselves in the foot (Murray) or Cam Ward came to the rescue.

Let's go Rockies! :clap:

#54 GOLDJR41

GOLDJR41

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:27 PM

Anyone catch the TSN feed of the Failures-Sabres game when they were discussing possible scheduling? They mentioned that the league may put one Ottawa game on Friday and one on Monday so as to not interrupt "Dora the Explorer". I didn't catch the rest of the conversation but it something to do with a "Swiper" character and a "Diego".

Rumor has it Dora is picking Sabres in 5. :dance:
Langs is the captain, deal with it.

If Doc Emrick, who called yesterday's Bruins-Rangers on NBC, were a national network's lead baseball or football play-by-player, he would be widely known as among the finest in the history of television.

#55 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:33 PM

Is anyone scared of the Hurricanes? Because -- and I hope I don't end up regretting this -- I'm really not at all.

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#56 NJDFAN

NJDFAN

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:54 PM

I hope Ward doesn't pull a Weekes.

As he did this year against us? :boogie:

#57 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:59 PM

Is anyone scared of the Hurricanes? Because -- and I hope I don't end up regretting this -- I'm really not at all.

<JESTER>

We can take them yeah, but it won't be as easy as the last series was (obviously :P)
I feel the same about them as I do the last opponent
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#58 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:07 PM

Huet let in one that may get him deported from Canada.

A few strides inside the blue line.... yikes. The announcers sounded like they died.

I only saw the replay quickly.. but yikes!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#59 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:01 AM

WTF??? lmao!!! :lol:
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#60 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:06 AM

Carolina is much faster than the Rangers. They will be able to cycle the puck more on the Devils and use their outside speed. Something the Rangers lacked.

I'd say Carolina is better prepared for this series due to who they played. They already played a similar team with speed and a good goalie.

However, the Devils can exploit Carolina's defense in this series. It's been poor for a while. I kind of see Elias, Gomez and Gionta having huge series.

Whoever can establish their attack more will prevail. Each team is excellent at countering. I feel this will be an entertaining series. But I pick the Devils in 6 due to their experience.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users