192 replies to this topic

#81 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:48 PM

Oh well, I'm going to game 2 of the WHL finals tonight, hopefully the Giants fvcking show up.

#82 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:49 PM

Bullsh*t. We can still win this game. Losers quit now... Winners fight it out and go for the win, whether 4 or 40.

Maybe it's the Cup in your signature that's causing bad luck.

#83 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

Maybe it's the Cup in your signature that's causing bad luck.

Or maybe the devs came out flat, and looked aweful on their powerplay opportunities?
The devs will fight back, win or lose... they will fight.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#84 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

They've done it before they can do it agin. Devils get your F'ING act together.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#85 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

12 shots on goal in 2 periods is ridiculous.

I don't even think we got 12 shots. Marty letting up 4 on 24 is disgusting.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#86 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:51 PM

How exactly did Brodeur get run, but the Canes have a PP????

#87 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

Marty should've gotten Staal's goal, but otherwise he's just had some sh!tty luck today.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#88 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:54 PM

They gave Langs a penalty for basically talking to the Cane that ran Marty.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#89 DevilsFans

DevilsFans

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

My question is how many times is Marty gonna leave his left side of the net WIDE open

#90 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Complete total and utter domination in every aspect of the game. This is a complete joke. Hardest game I've ever had to watch. 12 shots through 2 periods isnt beating anyone. Poor Marty I really feel for the guy cuz noone showed up.
Posted Image

#91 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

What needs to be done: play dobermans every other shift. Hurt Canes. HURT THEM. HURT THEM.
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#92 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

The Devils have had a hard time getting the puck to settle on their sticks. The Canes have given up a couple of 2 on 1's and breakaways that the Devils just haven't been able to receive the pass on.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#93 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:56 PM

god I miss doc.. these announcers are as bad as ESPN.. It feels like I'm listening to Steve Levy for crying out loud.

glad to see some passion returning to the team, they've been a step slow first two periods.. Course after a week off, it's not shocking they're playing like ass.

Lukowich almost laid out Staal on that play where that scrub ran marty.

These fvckers are dirty and cheap..

#94 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:56 PM

God, they're playing like dogsh!t.

That said, the first two goals were just rotten luck and really set this team back on its heels. Come back and play a solid third, and then get your heads in the game defensively in Game 2. The Devils still think they're playing the Rag$ and are able to do whatever they want in the offensive zone.

You can always tell the Devils are uninspired when they can only shoot the puck wide or into the GK's chest.

<JESTER>

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#95 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:57 PM

WE SUCK WE SUCK WE SUCK WE SUCK

Wow.

you know, sometimes when Derek or opposing fans lose their cool and call us bandwagon fans, I look at statements like this and can't disagree.

#96 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:58 PM

One game. Two fluke goals and some power play goals. I wouldn't say Brodeur has played that badly.

We do have no offense today though.

The power went out in my area five minutes before the game started and came back on at the end of the first. I wisht the power was off for one more period.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#97 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Time to put positive spin on things? Is that Lou' s plan to lull the Canes into a false sense of security? :)
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#98 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Wow.

you know, sometimes when Derek or opposing fans lose their cool and call us bandwagon fans, I look at statements like this and can't disagree.

how bout you just go to hell thanks, ill root my way you root your way

Ive been following this team since I was 5 and understood the game, so dont go calling me out a$$hole
Posted Image

#99 kressley

kressley

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

Well we've seen this type of play before from the Devs in this type of game.

They will set a nice tone going into game 2. Unless of course they can turn this around in one period.

You could tell within the first 5 minutes of the first period this was not going to be good.

Edited by kressley, 06 May 2006 - 03:02 PM.

#100 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

how bout you just go to hell thanks, ill root my way you root your way

Ive been following this team since I was 5 and understood the game, so dont go calling me out a$$hole

Guys, guys, come now... Calm down. Just one bad game, it was bound to happen. Let's just watch the third. Maybe Kozlov will score!

(Ah, who'm I kidding, Kozlov ain't scoring sh!t)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users