192 replies to this topic

#141 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:34 PM

why not, it might not have been such a terrible strategy to rest him for the 3rd period. It's not a "benching" really.

how can you be a Devil fan when you think so much like an NHL fan <_<

and The higher the more pissed marty'll get. I dont mind a serious ass whipping this game. Wake 'em up -- even though I just dont think they can afford this. No problem though..

I'm here for the party

#142 NYGDevils32

NYGDevils32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:36 PM

????????????????? There's number 6.

Edited by NYGDevils32, 06 May 2006 - 03:36 PM.

#143 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

6-0 just end this fvcking game already

#144 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

Marshall taking a run at Larose - good.

Doug Weight scoring a fluky goal - even better.

Hey Jester, you still think Carolina's power play isn't scary?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#145 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Hmmm... I think everyone we said were non playoff factors today scored...

This game is now over... game 2 will be a dogfight

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#146 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

well -- I'm logging out. I'm OK with this because I trust the team will knwo what they'r doing wrong. But I dont really trust they can make up for it... but I'll have some koolaid and finish the yard work...

:doh1: oh MAN... <_< I'
m turning off the tube... it's me spouting off -- time to STFU! :evil:

I'm here for the party

#147 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,815 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:37 PM

how can you be a Devil fan when you think so much like an NHL fan <_<

aren't Devils fans NHL fans? how can you be one without the other.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#148 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:37 PM

Scott Clem is in now, final score is gonna be 8-0

#149 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:38 PM

I swear if Peter McNab makes more dumb comments about coincedences I'm going to scream. Give me Chico Resch back, please.

Yes, Tampa walked away from Stillman's arbitration award - good for them, 'cause the guy isn't any good. Most underrated forward in the league - LOL. Sure. For a ton of PP assists and nothing else, Stillman's your man.

Edited by Triumph, 06 May 2006 - 03:40 PM.

#150 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:39 PM

I swear if Peter McNab makes more dumb comments about coincedences I'm going to scream. Give me Chico Resch back, please.

do what I did, put the game on mute and turn the radio on

#151 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,815 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

Hmmm... I think everyone we said were non playoff factors today scored...

This game is now over... game 2 will be a dogfight

who said they're non playoff factors? Carolina has a batch of extremely deep, skilled forwards....they're going to hurt you from time to time. But the Carolina D and goaltending will be exposed later on in the series, that's why we'll win. But this isn't the Rangers, they'll score on us.

after however many games in a row, this was bound to happen. It was a lot later than I thought...

Edited by '7', 06 May 2006 - 03:42 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#152 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

Marshall taking a run at Larose - good.

Doug Weight scoring a fluky goal - even better.

Hey Jester, you still think Carolina's power play isn't scary?

Tri, have you seen the goals they've scored today? And the only thing scary about the last couple have been the complete lack of motivation by the players in front of Marty.

Sorry, but I'll take the last two months as a case study on Carolina's power play instead of one game where the Devils scored three goals for them.

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#153 DevilsFans

DevilsFans

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:42 PM

We needed this... We were thinking we were immortal for too long. I personally am happy it happened this early in the series. Marty didn't seem himself today and he was getting absolutely no help.

Go Devs!

#154 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

Tri, have you seen the goals they've scored today? And the only thing scary about the last couple have been the complete lack of motivation by the players in front of Marty.

Sorry, but I'll take the last two months as a case study on Carolina's power play instead of one game where the Devils scored three goals for them.

<JESTER>

While some of the goals are fluky, they have been in the Devils' zone for a large portion of the power play.

#155 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:44 PM

As bad a sthe Devils have been this game Im not really to worried about them. I dont know about anybody else but in a way I think this might be just what the team needs. I think the long lay off really hurt the team and a good ass whipping is just what the team needs to get their focus where it needs to be. Carolina is a pretty good team but its obvious the Devils were no were near their best and the Canes got the puck to bounce their way the entire game. I just wish the score was a little more respectable but whats the difference. One goal was all the Canes needed anyway. The Devils will be much better in game 2.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#156 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:44 PM

Brodeur was Ward's idol eh? Well he tried to do a Brodeur like spectacular save but the only problem was it was going wide of the net and was going very slowly. What a fake job too.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#157 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

While some of the goals are fluky, they have been in the Devils' zone for a large portion of the power play.

Isn't that what usually happens on a power play? :P

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#158 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:53 PM

As someone said in their preview of the series, don't go all crazy when the Devils lose game one.

Anyone else notice how Laviolette was like "NJ is a trapping team" at the beggining? wtf is your team playing? the 1-2-2? the press? the left-wing lock?

#159 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:54 PM

Meh, the streak had to end some time...Horrible game but we'll come back next game and be far better..GAURANTEED!!!
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#160 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 03:56 PM

The play-by-play guy sucks.

Can we FOR ONCE run another team's goalie?

Show some traffic in front.

How? Did you see the cross pattern of Hurricanes bunched around the net like a freaking turnicate? They just bumped our players off the puck all night, won every battle on the boards, kept us out of their crease area with their stingy defense, won more faceoffs, had more takeaways and received more giveaways. I'm glad they didn't manage to do more on 5 on 5. It looked like they were just bigger people and whenever a NJ player touched the puck a Carolina player would just nudge them off it.

Anyway, that sucked.

Towards the end of Period 3 we had a couple more chances, but we really didn't create any promising chances around the net. Passes were not crisp. Players were caught standing still with the puck looking for a pass. The last power play had the best puck movement since the first 5 minutes of the game.

Edited by Cowutopia, 06 May 2006 - 04:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users