341 replies to this topic

#261 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:48 PM

To people trying to calm the other people down: why bother? everyone has there own way of dealing with this and I guarantee you won't change the people who are quitting's opinions. Although I also find nonsensical comments like "CLEMMENSEN SHOULD PLAY OT" to be a bit.. well.. insane, as well, you and I both know that arguing is going to be useless.

#262 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:50 PM

It's going to be difficult, but the Devils could easily be back in Carolina with this series all tied up.

True that.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#263 NJDF

NJDF

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Don't blame Klee on that turnover. He was getting hooked the entire way up the ice but the experts would say another fantastic defensive play by Brind'Amour.

I agree. The real beakdown of this play is that Paul Martin is heading to the bench before Klee has moved the puck up to the forwards. That is why Wallin had all that ice.

The Canes played better than us AGAIN and the scoreboard reflected that. Shot 30-9 in the last two periods???? COME ON!! Ward isn't breaking a sweat out there!!!

I thought Klee and Hale were our best players tonight.

GO DEVILS!!!

#264 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Well, all the louder we must be Wednesday night everyone.

I still think this teams worth a shot and my eyeballs.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#265 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,393 posts

Well -- the pressure is off -- the Devils may just come back and take this series.

I'm here for the party

#266 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

I'll bet anyone on this board that the Devils will not come back.

#267 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:51 PM

im still pissed about the third period... you have so many people standing in front of the net.. TAKE A PENALTY!!!! there are TEN SECONDS LEFT... if you take a god damn penalty... then there is another faceoff... and no time for carolina to get set up in front of the net... jeeeeesus!

#268 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:54 PM

If *ANYONE* *ANYONE* *ANYONE*... Lukowich, Madden, *ANYONE* tackles Staal, we've stolen home advantage, coming home with the ever-so-needed split.

But really, 12-4 in the second period? For all the hook, holds, bad calls, missed opportunities... the puck was in our end way too much. And 0-4 on the PP, that's not helping.

And worst of all is that we're playing 3 lines. The coaching staff have realized that Janssen-Rasmussen-Wiemer are *NOT* a Crash line and are a liability. They can hit, but they can't score and there were numerous scoring chances against them. So we're going with 3 lines. That just isn't Devils hockey.

Edited by Don, 08 May 2006 - 09:56 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#269 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:54 PM

Yuck. We had this one all sewn up and it got away.

'Canes sure do like to dive, huh? Quite a few joke calls they got with their flopping. It was nice to see Divey McGee Williams try it again late in the third only to have it fail and have New Jersey rush up the ice to score what should've been the game-winner.

The 'Canes have also gotten just about every lucky bounce in the series so far. Niclas fvcking Wallin - you've got to be kidding. What fluky garbage. I still have faith - guys like Stillman and Whitney can only score on empty nets and fluke bounces, and the Devils' offense can definitely play better, especially with the last change. It's going to be difficult, but the Devils could easily be back in Carolina with this series all tied up.

you know i love ya buddy, but PLEASE stop picking out specific canes that won't hurt us. so far your "who cares" group of weight, whitney, and recchi have done a number on us!

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#270 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:55 PM

Here's the way I look at it....we were below .500 at the halfway mark of the season (or just about) We lose our coach, 3 out of 3 FA we signed sucked horribly and had to be sent away....our leading scorer was out half the season....he returns, Lou takes over at coach, we have an amazing 11 game run and take our division...continue 4 more games in and sweep are hated rivals whom we had never beat in the playoffs...now we are down 2-0 in a series...something we've never come back from when we don't have home ice advantage...if we pull this off (which we can) and take the Cup.....We'll have one hell of a DVD to buy come next October!!!!
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#271 Succubus

Succubus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

1. The Devils played waaay better than they did in game 1
2. They almost won the game
3. They'll keep getting exponentially better throughout the series until during the 6th and final game the NHL will have to invoke the mercy rule - they'll be beating the Hurricanes 500-1

#272 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

carolina is gonna choke.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#273 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

not that anyone noticed but I think parise played a hell of a game too tonight....

it may come as a shock to people on here... but maybe just maybe the better team is playing better???

Ever hear the old cliche.. make your own breaks??? This isn't a 1997 or 1999 playoff choke... this is a better team beating on them right now

though I will say IF (and that is a BIG IF) they get swept... still think the season is a success ??? Me thinks not....

time to see how the home ice and last change helps

and if you're not gonna play the 4th line... put a Tallackson out there!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#274 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Another thing - I have no idea what MacLean and Lou were doing with the lines but it sure was awful. A lot of times when Pandolfo was out with Gomez and Gionta or Madden with Elias and Langenbrunner. That's going way too far to get 'favorable' matchups by throwing the whole offense out of sync. We were offsides all the time for half the night and I think that's a big reason.

sundstrom please - Whitney scored off two bank shots and Stillman into an empty net. I'm still supremely confident when these guys have the puck in a non-PP situation - or didn't you see them fvck up numerous chances tonight?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#275 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:00 PM

All i can say is thanks to that a$$hole madden for nicely dumping the faceoff deep in our own zone, and that i hope Suckowich has a stroke before next game
Posted Image

#276 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

This Devil's team as we know it is done.

while i'm not saying it's over at all, anything less than a cup will make the above sentence very sad if it's true. while guys like klee, albelin, and kozlov won't be back, and there may be some departures like marshall, brylin, and rassmussen, it would really hurt to go out with a wimper to the canes and then see elias depart and have contract issues with gionta/gomez lingering while finding out that the 3 bad contracts of the M, M, and M crew might hurt the cap. that would really be the worst thing i could imagine.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#277 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

damn you guys are manic-depressive.
Posted Image

#278 MacDevil

MacDevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:02 PM

I'll bet anyone on this board that the Devils will not come back.

I'll bet you...

What is the line ?

#279 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:03 PM

Who would of thought that game 2 would hurt more than game 6. Overtime wasn't this bad this time because I just relaxed and said we'll lose this one.

If the Devils are going to lose, hopefully we can have some 4-0 losses because these games hurt too much. Second time this year that the Canes have tied the game late against us.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#280 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:04 PM

I wonder if the Devils had started the year 15-2 if people would be flipping out. :lol:

I'll bet you...

What is the line ?

He is sure so you should be able to get like 250-1 odds or so I'm guessing.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users