68 replies to this topic

#1 speedsk8r27

speedsk8r27

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:50 PM

Series over. We had one stolen tonight with 20.7 seconds left, and Brad Lukowich can't pick up a man parked in front of the net in the playoffs. It's a shame, too, because this is a grinder team, just like the Devils, and we have the better goaltender.

No way we come back after this backbreaker.

:argh:

Edited by speedsk8r27, 08 May 2006 - 09:51 PM.

#2 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:51 PM

i'm usually the welcoming sort, but i'd shy away from starting threads like this when it's your 12th post (or your 1200th post)

Edited by sundstrom, 08 May 2006 - 09:52 PM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:55 PM

Even if you're the first member, nothing like that here.

We still have 2 at home.

It's not like Ottawa, where you have to play at the New Aud and win 1 just to get back to the home you lost 2 in.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#4 Undersold

Undersold

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:55 PM

Series over. We had one stolen tonight with 20.7 seconds left, and Brad Lukowich can't pick up a man parked in front of the net in the playoffs. It's a shame, too, because this is a grinder team, just like the Devils, and we have the better goaltender.

Utter garbage. Even if you have given up, which is pathetic because if and when they come back to win the next two you'll be right back on the bandwagon, why the hell would you post a new thread with no point to it?

Edited by Undersold, 08 May 2006 - 09:55 PM.

#5 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

Why do people feel like starting new threads for stuff that should be in the game thread?!?!
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#6 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

Why do people feel like starting new threads for stuff that should be in the game thread?!?!

Last time I checked, the game was over.

#7 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

if lou was smart he should have taken a timeout with 20 seconds to go, but he didnt...

#8 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:09 PM

if lou was smart he should have taken a timeout with 20 seconds to go, but he didnt...

Yeah, Lou is such a dumbazz.

#9 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:10 PM

(a) Lou is smart.
(b) Why should he have taken a time out?
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#10 speedsk8r27

speedsk8r27

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:10 PM

i'm usually the welcoming sort, but i'd shy away from starting threads like this when it's your 12th post (or your 1200th post)

Check my join date, guy, a month after yours. Where in the rules does it say you have to have x number of posts before starting a thread?

You can agree or disagree, but questioning why I started the thread is useless.

#11 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:14 PM

(a) Lou is smart.
(b) Why should he have taken a time out?

(b)Umm to put the right players out there and to make sure they know what they'll do to make sure the other team doesnt score.... Timeouts arent just for show you know?
(a) If Lou is so smart why is Ken Klee still getting ice time?

#12 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:16 PM

Check my join date, guy, a month after yours. Where in the rules does it say you have to have x number of posts before starting a thread?

You can agree or disagree, but questioning why I started the thread is useless.

it doesn't. my point is that adding a new thread for this was unnecessary and you really didn't say anything constructive or interesting that couldn't go in the game thread.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#13 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:27 PM

Sorry but I agree..

Game over...
Series over.///
Season over..

how do you score the game winner w/ 21 seconds left and lose the game???

I'll be shocked if NJ recovers from this.. they were totally outplayed and had the game won... and yet they lost...

I realize if any team can get back in this its NJ... but I donot see it.. there 21 seconds left you do what ever yo uhave to do to keep them from scoring.. Luch did not even touch the guy.... knock his ass to the floor... there's 21 seconds left who cares!!!

I have not been this frustrated in alog time!!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#14 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:40 PM

This win broke my heart. It was a bad day and this loss was :evilcry: But I gotta have faith. They're coming home and gonna win. LETS GO DEVILS!

Edited by LizDevil30, 08 May 2006 - 10:40 PM.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#15 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,497 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:46 PM

This is almost funny, a lot of the same people who write them off now should have stopped watching when they knew the Devils wouldn't make the playoffs.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#16 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:48 PM

I agree...luck has seemed to run out, much like the Rags were getting the bad breaks against us in the last round...

There are a few things I question about this game...

First...what in goodness name is Ken Klee trying to do skating the puck along the boards on the final goal...??? Dump that sh!it out you dumbass...!

Secondly...why is John Madden drawing the puck back on the tying goal faceoff??? That should have gone forward, and killed some time...

Third...where is our fourth line??? I mean, a team that can win cups is a team that can roll four lines, and it just seems like we just don't have confidence in the fourth line...

My suggestions for next game...scratch Kenny Klee...bring in Albelin...

Sorry to say folks, the last series against the rangers marked the beginning of our demise...we're done...lady luck has left the buliding....

#17 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:52 PM

Secondly...why is John Madden drawing the puck back on the tying goal faceoff??? That should have gone forward, and killed some time...

that's my biggest gripe right there. If Madden starts skating he could've actually come in on Ward on a partial break, just like Wallin on Brodeur. Instead he held up...held up...waited. Now I thought he was going to shoot the puck because Rafalski was camped in front ready for the rebound. Instead he drops a weak pass back for Lukowich who fumbles it, and then nudges it forward into Aaron Ward.

Only Madden could fvck things up so royally in Carolina, maybe he had visions of Kevin Weekes or something. At least get the shot off!!!
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 Hellacious_D

Hellacious_D

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:02 PM

Why in the hell should Madden NOT draw that face-off back? With twenty seconds left in the game, the object is to get possesion and kill the clock. Not give them the puck and let them come at you...

... the bottom line is that the Devils were simply outplayed in every aspect of both games, with the exception of Marty in Game 2 (even though Ward didn't give much to compare to). Look, the series is far from over right now. The Devils have been down 0-2 and 1-3 only to come back and win. Hell, the Canes were down 0-2 to the Habs, losing the first two IN THEIR OWN BUILDING, and came back to win.

I'll admit, it's pretty disheartening to lose the way they did tonight and Carolina is on them at every step of the way... but it takes four to advance. Have a little faith fellas.

#19 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:09 PM

Why in the hell should Madden NOT draw that face-off back? With twenty seconds left in the game, the object is to get possesion and kill the clock. Not give them the puck and let them come at you...

... the bottom line is that the Devils were simply outplayed in every aspect of both games, with the exception of Marty in Game 2 (even though Ward didn't give much to compare to). Look, the series is far from over right now. The Devils have been down 0-2 and 1-3 only to come back and win. Hell, the Canes were down 0-2 to the Habs, losing the first two IN THEIR OWN BUILDING, and came back to win.

I'll admit, it's pretty disheartening to lose the way they did tonight and Carolina is on them at every step of the way... but it takes four to advance. Have a little faith fellas.

you can't blame madden for winning it, perhaps he kicked it back to hard...so what, retrieve it and send it the other way. The Devils were outhustles. Perhaps at that point it would've helped if Lou called a timeout, they were totally winded in the final 10 minutes of the game. Maybe it would've given them that extra effort to finish them off....damn 3 ticks away! :doh1:

I do blame him for doing nothing in front of the net when Staal tied it, and for not shooting on a good scoring chance in OT.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#20 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:12 PM

a) I think we proved we're the better team in this game.

b) The officiating in periods 1-2 sucked a ton of crap.

c) I am sick that we couldn't close it out. Carolina stole a game, it wasn't the Devils' chance at stealing a game.

d) We have to win game 3. We should win game 3 if we play like that. You can't call this series until after Wednesday.

e) I'm still sick.

how do you score the game winner w/ 21 seconds left and lose the game???

Sorry, the Game Winner was scored in Period 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users