#21 speedsk8r27

speedsk8r27

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:36 AM

Ehh, not so much, huh?

Oh and bye the way -- it's not Stevens place to come in and talk to these guys. He's got to SIT ON HIS ASS like any regular fan now. He's got to tough it out and let these guys flush themselves down the sh!tter... I just thought I better put that FACT out there :evil:

(insert The Simpson's Nelson's "HAHA" here please)

#22 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:21 AM

Because he did it I'm supposed to change my mind?

No, I don't. It's not his place. It only stands to benefit me, his showing up -- Devils may have won because of it, I certainly get my Stevens fixes I so crave ... but it's not his place.

It was his place when he was on the team (and hid out like a jerk-off) -- to me it isn't now. They have to pull this stuff from themselves. Here is where the Devils and I have different view on things.

I'm here for the party

#23 speedsk8r27

speedsk8r27

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:41 AM

Fortunately, the Devils know better than you. All great organizations get the alumni involved: look at the Yankees. Guidry, Mattingly, Nettles, Sojo, Girardi, Reggie Jackson have all come back, and worked in some capacity, for them. Pretty successful sports franchise.

In essence, until Lou names a successor, Stevens is still The Captain of this team, whether he's on it or not. If they brought in Kirk Muller, who played for the Devils when some of these players were in diapers, I would have a problem with that. But they all know The Captain, and most played with him. It certainly is his place, and if HE thought it wasn't, he'd stay away.

Who hid out like a jerk-off? I don't understand that comment.

Because he did it I'm supposed to change my mind?

No, I don't. It's not his place. It only stands to benefit me, his showing up -- Devils may have won because of it, I certainly get my Stevens fixes I so crave ... but it's not his place.

It was his place when he was on the team (and hid out like a jerk-off) -- to me it isn't now. They have to pull this stuff from themselves. Here is where the Devils and I have different view on things.

Edited by speedsk8r27, 14 May 2006 - 11:43 AM.

#24 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:48 PM

When he went into hiding while suffering pc syndrome. Don't you think the team could have used a word or two from him during the last playoff run?

:blahblah: Devils know better than me ... :rolleyes: Stopping by and saying a few words is fine - shyt knows someone HAD to since no one on the bench could see the forest for the trees. But come off it... the Captain should play for the team... don't be as d*psh!t. I love Stevens more than anyone but I still dont agree with you. <_<

I'm here for the party

#25 speedsk8r27

speedsk8r27

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 01:28 PM

Why the personal insults? You were dead wrong, and the players, including Gomez, said that the talk inspired them. Typical puckbunny -- no insight into the intricacies of the game, or sports psychology in general. :lol:

When he went into hiding while suffering pc syndrome. Don't you think the team could have used a word or two from him during the last playoff run?

:blahblah: Devils know better than me ... :rolleyes: Stopping by and saying a few words is fine - shyt knows someone HAD to since no one on the bench could see the forest for the trees. But come off it... the Captain should play for the team... don't be as d*psh!t. I love Stevens more than anyone but I still dont agree with you. <_<

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

:lol: -- so "d*psh!t" got to you huh? :giggle: Sorry.

I'm here for the party

#27 speedsk8r27

speedsk8r27

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:12 PM

I just didn't think it was necessary. Not everyone agrees with what you say on internet message boards. And you say alot.

:lol: -- so "d*psh!t" got to you huh? :giggle: Sorry.

#28 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 03:10 PM

Why the personal insults? You were dead wrong, and the players, including Gomez, said that the talk inspired them. Typical puckbunny -- no insight into the intricacies of the game, or sports psychology in general. :lol:

Hmmm...PK 8.4K+ posts...sk8tr 20+ posts...'tis plain to see that you have no insight into the intracacies of this forum...typical newbie...b4 u respond remember this...you called PK on using insults then you do the same...doesn't give you much credibility...btw...I did same as you in order to make a point :rofl:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#29 speedsk8r27

speedsk8r27

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:36 PM

Hmmm...PK 8.4K+ posts...sk8tr 20+ posts...'tis plain to see that you have no insight into the intracacies of this forum...typical newbie...b4 u respond remember this...you called PK on using insults then you do the same...doesn't give you much credibility...btw...I did same as you in order to make a point :rofl:

Umm, that was the point of my insult, genius. What matter is it how many posts I have? I've been a member as long as you have, and I read the board regularly. If you had taken the time to read the little letters and numbers in the left hand column, you'd know I wasn't a newbie.

BTW if you want credibility, work in the business of hockey like I do, don't worry about how many useless posts on an anonymous board anyone has.

Edited by speedsk8r27, 14 May 2006 - 09:37 PM.

#30 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:53 AM

Hey speed -

In this particular case it's just an opinion I have - no matter how helpful it is to anyone it's just my stupid self-inflicted limitation I would set were I Stevens. I feel like it

I'm here for the party

#31 speedsk8r27

speedsk8r27

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:19 AM

Hey speed -

I think you're being sarcastic, but I'm involved in the medical end of things in hockey at various levels, including professional. In four years, I've had 30-something posts, it's true, but I do like to read this board, especially for the various links to in and out-of-state newspaper articles, so I occasionally delve into other threads. I wasn't arguing for the sake of it -- my opinion is that I like the bridge to the past the Devils have. Fifteen years ago, this was a team with no history, no fans, and no Cups. I'm not sure any player BUT Scott Stevens could have done what he did, and he most likely won't do it again.

Just my opinion, just yours, that's the idea.

As for Dew, well, he/she/it just wanted some attention, apparently.

Edited by speedsk8r27, 15 May 2006 - 11:29 AM.

#32 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

OMG -- DUH????? You're YOU! :argh: Well for god's sake why dont you POST MORE! Why didn't you jump all over me at the office :P

I LOVE getting called om my sh!t! That's most of the reason I dish it out! Anyway why didnt' you say "Hey a$$hole it's ME..."

I'm not sarcastic! (saw "sincere") Just a freaking MORON! What did you rethink things! :lol:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 15 May 2006 - 03:19 PM.

I'm here for the party

#33 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:40 AM

Ooops... :unsure: Yeah - Darwindog?Pepperkorn - same person -- I'm so compulsive I changed my name for a year to bring down my apparent post total!

I'm a bigger jerkoff than you knew huh? :uni: :blush:
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#34 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:56 PM

Ooops... :unsure: Yeah - Darwindog?Pepperkorn - same person -- I'm so compulsive I changed my name for a year to bring down my apparent post total!

I'm a bigger jerkoff than you knew huh? :uni: :blush:

:blink: :dizzy: :doh1: :puke:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users