32 replies to this topic

#21 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:13 PM

Lou should sign Elias but I have a feeling Elias is moving on.

He knows which way the wind is blowin'?
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,773 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:17 PM

You have a feeling that everything bad is going to happen, LD. You thought Scott Stevens was moving on every time too.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to be writing my long-winded version of the off-season.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:23 PM

Koz and Rass are the remaining unrestricteds.

Gio, Gomer, Hale, Martin and Whitey are RFA.

Part of me hopes someone swoops in and takes White off of our hands.

Abby, Patty, Klee, Koz, Langs and Rass are UFA.

Play a little sign/dont sign/wont sign?

Sign Elias. So-long to the rest. I like Langs, but this team needs a guy who'll put the puck in the net more often than every odd month.

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#24 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:08 AM

I think the coach matters here. That's why I say bringing in a good coach would help in whether or not Elias and Langenbrunner return.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#25 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:04 AM

There is no way Arnott & his salary comes here - certainly not without big trade.

I think Langs stays. Lou loves those Team USA guys.
And Rass stays too.

Going: Klee, Abby, Sarge (sad but true), Koz.

Sheesh, after 4 total goals in the 4 playoff games we lost -- we need to further adjust to the new NHL and get some more scoring.

#26 brodeurfanatic

brodeurfanatic

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:01 AM

Would Burns be available?
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig UnderdogX

---

"He loves the game, he has God-given talent and we're just glad he's in our pipes," - Lou Lamoriello vs Flyers on 4/1/06

---

Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Brodeur's Coach Jacques Caron
Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Special Assignment Coach Pat Burns

Starting a Game Thread Record ~ 4-1-0-1

#27 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:06 AM

The team Needs Langs. With the amount of off sides he creates, Tha advertisers get mor time and give the team more money. :D

#28 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:12 AM

Elias. Unless Patrick makes it obvious that it really matter who the coach is.
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:15 AM

Before we wave goodbye to #15, keep in mind that Guerin, Modano, Zubov and Turco take up alot of salary, can Dallas afford him? and quite frankly $1.7 is probably the going rate for a player like Langs. Players are NOT going to get huge increases from anyone with the salary cap.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:17 AM

Get the monkey, aka Malakhov & Mogilny, off their cap so he knows how much $ he has to spend. Anyone think McGillis is tradeable?
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#31 emptynet

emptynet

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:34 AM

Patty, Gomer, and Gio have to be signed.

Burnsy still has some time to recover before making a decision if he can go it or not.
"He tried to run him into next week and only got a day and a half..." Doc Emeric

I think I need to go home and lie down... nothing makes sense any more. - MDDEVSFAN

Official Keeper of the Devils locker room

#32 speedsk8r27

speedsk8r27

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:24 AM

Would Burns be available?

I hate to say this, but if you're familiar with cancer, recurrences usually do you in. It's metastatic cancer to the liver. Usually incurable. The media has been pretty mum -- and rightfully so -- on Burns' condition, but he may not be with us in a few years, let alone coaching. :pray:

#33 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:16 PM

You're right about Langs. I hope not though, he came through big time in these playoffs.

He is a guy you keep around. 2 Stanley Cups, double digits in points in the playoffs in only 9 games. Great defensively. Good point shot.

I hope we don't let him get away. But where is the money?

Came through big-time? He piled up his goals against the Rangers Swiss Cheese defense. He disappeared against Carolina and forgot how to shoot. And he definitely pissed Lou off with his stupid penalties.

Before we wave goodbye to #15, keep in mind that Guerin, Modano, Zubov and Turco take up alot of salary, can Dallas afford him? and quite frankly $1.7 is probably the going rate for a player like Langs. Players are NOT going to get huge increases from anyone with the salary cap.

All it takes is one team to see a certain fit, and theyll overpay.

Lou showed that with Malakhov and Mogilny.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users