Photo

What team are you "adopting" for the rest of the playoffs?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: What team are you "adopting" for the rest of the playoffs? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

What team are you "adopting"?

1. Mighty Ducks (3 votes [3.75%])

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

2. Oilers (19 votes [23.75%])

Percentage of vote: 23.75%

3. Sharks (6 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

4. Hurricanes (2 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

5. Sabres (46 votes [57.50%])

Percentage of vote: 57.50%

6. Too depressed to follow hockey right now (4 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 langs15

langs15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:57 PM

Oilers and Sabres in the cup final!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!
"Langenbrunner is content to score big goals rather than put up big numbers."

#22 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:54 PM

I don't think Edmonton has what it takes to win the Cup. If they do, that will be super fine with me. But realistically, I think the Sabres have the best chance of keeping it away from the sisters or ugliest man alive.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#23 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:21 PM

Sabres

Only because i want my friend who is a canes fan to cry, i really dont care outside that.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#24 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:54 PM

Sabres by far, if not them then the winner of Edmonton/San Jose. A Nascar/Disney final would make me :puke:

#25 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,614 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:59 PM

I want the Sabres to beat the Canes. Beyond that, anyone but Anaheim.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#26 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:05 PM

I absolutely have to root for Buffalo. My college roomate was a big Sabres fan and I watched Hull's 'goal' with him. I feel bad for Buffalo's sports agonies. Hopefully the Sabres go all the way and bring some joy to that much maligned city.

#27 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,030 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:59 PM

I hate the Canes so much, I'm tempted to find a Sabres avatar...maybe it'll become a board wide trend!

so much for the Sharks...that was a quick adoption
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#28 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:36 PM

there room for me on the sabres bandwagon?
Posted Image

#29 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:05 AM

How any Devil fan root for the Oilers is beyond me, after that overrated fairy Gretzky called our organisation a mickey mouse club, I will never pull for that team, I hope they re-locate, and of course, I hope Buffalo sweeps the Canes, they are skilled enough to do it too.

Ducks crush the fairy boy's team,
Sabres sweep the inbred.

Sabres over Ducks in 5.

#30 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:10 AM

Sabres

Only because i want my friend who is a canes fan to cry, i really dont care outside that.

Great friend you are! :lol:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#31 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:38 AM

Buffalo..or SJ i guess... :(

no SJ..scarp that...*jumps onto the Sabres bandwagon at a breakneck speed :ph34r:
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#32 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:10 AM

no SJ..scarp that...*jumps onto the Sabres bandwagon at a breakneck speed :ph34r:

Please bring LOTCB's team some luck. You haven't been doing well so far. :giggle:

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,630 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:01 AM

NOOOO !!! Root for the Ducks girl... the Ducks.... think the power of Disney ;) :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#34 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:02 AM

Hoping for an Oilers/Sabres final, with the Oilers winning the Cup. But I wouldn't mind the Sabres winning.

And like Crasher said: Anyone but Anaheim!!! :puke:
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#35 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:32 AM

Carolina is awful to watch, defense, PP, PK, and a lot of little cheating.

Put 'em in red and black, and they could be NJ.

#36 GA Devil

GA Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:53 AM

Out of the 4 teams I think the Ducks are the ones who will win it all.

Still, I'd like to see the Sabres lift the Cup now that the Sharks are out.
Let the celebration begin in the Daneyko household!!!!

#37 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:26 PM

I've been pulling for Buffalo and Edmonton since the Rangers got eliminated. That's my dream final. I want to see LOTCB and oilers88Cup locked in a steel cage while that's going on! Hahaha

Same here, but despite my avatar and signature I want Edmonton to win it all.. just have the avatar and sig for obvious reasons..

#38 Chort

Chort

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:18 AM

go BUF

go OIL

then i want the BUF to win it..............keep it in the EAST, and besides, i woudn't want pronger to get the cup....

#39 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:02 AM

I hate the Oilers, cause im a Canucks fan as well and I hate the Ducks cause of the sisters, and I hate the Canes cause of their joke of a team, sh!t town, fans, arena, etc. so LETS GO BUFFALO! Im going to Carolina if it goes to 7 games cause my friend is a Sabres fan and I said sure why not ill go.

Edited by Satans Child, 19 May 2006 - 01:02 AM.

#40 VITO

VITO

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:13 AM

Either the Oilers - 'cause they are a Canadian team or the Sabres - 'cause they play great hockey.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users