66 replies to this topic

#61 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:53 PM

actually, i can tell you (kinda) that i do. as of a month ago, he felt his was a 5/27 player, and that was before this nonsense. he'll stay, but not for a discount at all.

Not sure about the discount and if I remember correctly he was looking for between 4-5 (I can't remember the exact number you can probably find it on HFboards though). I also don't think he stays for a discount but I think if 5 million (give or take) and 3+ years he takes it. Not sure when negotiations start but I'll try to find out what they are asking for.

#62 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:51 AM

Well, Tampa is now at $33.93M with 12 players under contract.

Somebody ( or more than one somebody) has to go and they still need a goaltender.

They are officially in worse shape than the Flyers, who have less $$$ against the cap, will not have Forsberg counting against it for at least the season - which will also give them $$$ in the cap bank - and who may have Primeau retiring. They are also in worse shape than the Thrashers...ugh!!!
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#63 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

Not sure about the discount and if I remember correctly he was looking for between 4-5 (I can't remember the exact number you can probably find it on HFboards though). I also don't think he stays for a discount but I think if 5 million (give or take) and 3+ years he takes it. Not sure when negotiations start but I'll try to find out what they are asking for.

OK now I kind of have to laugh! I just posted in another thread that the only two guys I have to laugh at for leaving were... Claude and Holik :o :doh1: the mentors :rant:

Gomez you little turddropper - you better stay here for a fair wage or I'm lopping off... <_< oh nevermind... :angry:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 23 May 2006 - 03:45 PM.

I'm here for the party

#64 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

OK now I kind of have to laugh! I just posted in another thread that the only two guys I have to laugh at for leaving were... Claude and Holik :o :doh1: the mentors :rant:

Gomez you little turddropper - you better stay here for a fair wage or I'm lopping off... <_< oh nevermind... :angry:

I don't think Holik was his mentor. I don't think he liked him too much. I think the last time I saw him was during the contract buyouts and he told me the Rangers bought out Holik's contract and he was laughing about it.

#65 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:04 PM

We are about to witness the continuation of the dismantling of a one-time Stanley Cup winner in Tampa.

After Lou eliminates the 3M salaries, we should just lay-low watch the other organizations implode with their cap issues. Lou can probably swing some great trades without giving up much.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#66 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:10 PM

You're less paranoid and defensive than I Manta -- I naturally think that the entire league will wheel and deal excluding Lou - teh entire NHL has it in for The Devils because they give accountability too good a name. :giggle:

I'm here for the party

#67 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:03 AM

I think many of the GM's outside our division actually have much respect for Lou.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users