18 replies to this topic

#1 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:28 PM

I've been honest about an Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) addiction I've had for the last year and a half. It's the same sort of addiction I have with other frauds, like Stephen Glass and and Jayson Blair and James Frey. I admire the dedication it takes to pull off a hoax, while at the same time I loathe what these hoaxes do to my chosen profession.

All that said, it appears the gig may be up for our little rumor whore. First comes news of a potential clas action suit against Hockeybuzz.com for unpaid awards for the site's fantasy hockey pool:

http://www.ericmcerl...6174.php#006174

Now, if you a second link, you'll find Vancouver Canucks Op-Ed, a great blog that I've read for a while. In it, there's a little detective work, revealing that NHL insider Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) may in fact be touring musician Dwayne Keith Klessel.

http://vancouvercanu...(2.3% accurate)

Maybe you already knew this. It was news to me. I could write all day about this guy and his site (and the fact that both John Madden and Stan Fischler had the sense to get out while they could).

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#2 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:40 PM

MMM...Internet Fraud Revealing *foams at the mouth*
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#3 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:16 PM

nice autoharp.
Posted Image

#4 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:28 AM

It became obvous he was a fraud when he would have breaking news an hr agter Spector or Even TSN sometimes. I feel sorry for anyone who paid for that site.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#5 jkrdevil

jkrdevil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:28 PM

Giving this a bump because I saw this on HF. Apparently Sportsnet goofed on the shadowing which revealed "Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s" face. Compare "Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) with Dwayne Keith Klessel:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:32 PM

I thought Sam Kinison was Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) for a sec.... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#7 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

Wow, to think all this time I thought Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) was a little snot-nosed teenager :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#8 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,615 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:56 PM

Apparently Sportsnet goofed on the shadowing which revealed "Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s" face.

Riiiiiight. Sportsnet "goofed". It was a complete accident. Yup. ;)

I thought Sam Kinison was Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) for a sec.... :rolleyes:

Oh, oh, ohhhhhhh!!!!!!

Wild thing! :koolaid:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#9 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

Thank you, Mr. Fan42. After reading his name I sat there thinking of what his trademark was and was drawing a blank.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#10 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is Andy Kaufman, I think that's what we've proven.

Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes

#11 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:54 PM

Also, did anyone else kinda hope (N)Єverson was Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)?

Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes

#12 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,615 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:57 AM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is Andy Kaufman, I think that's what we've proven.

If by that you mean Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is Mighty Mouse, I'd say you were correct.

Also, did anyone else kinda hope (N)Єverson was Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)?

No, (N)(N)Єverson's not smart enough to be Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate).
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#13 MARK EVERSON

MARK EVERSON

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:27 AM

No, (N)(N)Єverson's not smart enough to be Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate).

<_<

#14 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

Ok. I admit it.

I am Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)...

:ph34r: :evil:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#15 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

Ok. I admit it.

I'm Spartacus err Ecklund

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#16 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

Ok. I admit it.

Hey Ek any word on the blockbuster Gomez deal?
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#17 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:27 PM

I've had about 10 people e-mail me with that mug shot today. Glad some eyes might be opened as to who this "insider" really is.

BTW, I've been taking part in an interesting discussion on a blog called Canucks and Beyond about Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) joining the Sportsnet trade deadline show. One of the things the blogger introduced was this screen shot of Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s "bio" from his early days on the Web:

Posted Image

He later changed his bio, indicating that he had nothing to do with hockey until the lockout.

The story can be found here.

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#18 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:21 PM

I tried to "open up" the photo a little for a better look...

Posted Image

Chris
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#19 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:39 PM

Seriously, his posts are starting to sound like AndyKaufmanLives.com

and have just as much truth to them.

Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users