44 replies to this topic

#21 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:38 PM

the only saving grace to this network stupidity is that if the gimmick of the idiot character coming out once a week and Sandman blasting each gimmick beating it to a bloody farooqing pulp with the cane each week....I will enjoy that !! :evil:

Yeah I did also. He is kind of like the guy who pulls people off the stage when they bomb.

#22 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:04 PM

Well that was a MUCH better show indeed !!!!!

All hail Macho Libre !!!! :hail:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#23 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:35 PM

It still wasn't great. Big Show pounding Tommy Dreamer without any foreign objects sucked.

And that blonde bimbo needs to go. What a waste.

And RVD can't even go over clean at the end. Why not?

The DX promos are idiotic. It's supposed to be an Ecw show. The WWE just won't allow it to be anything close to what it used to be. Guys like Cena have no business being there.

The only things I really liked was Sabu's match and the idiot Macho Man impersonator getting pounded by Sandman. :lol:

TNA will have Jim Cornette returning to run the operation Thursday. That will kick ass.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:05 AM

It still wasn't great. Big Show pounding Tommy Dreamer without any foreign objects sucked.

Can't disagree there... but it's nice to see Big Show with some FOCUS for once... and it's the start of a feud... they ain't got a PPV till December... they can build slow!!

The DX promos are idiotic. It's supposed to be an Ecw show. The WWE just won't allow it to be anything close to what it used to be. Guys like Cena have no business being there.

The only things I really liked was Sabu's match and the idiot Macho Man impersonator getting pounded by Sandman. :lol:

You know the PPV rule... go over the show before and lose on the PPV, but the worst kept secret in the world is that Edge is gonna be WWE Champ come 10:48 on Sunday Night

I liked everything tonight but the lame stripper bit... but at least they used a WRESTLER to get heel heat by covering her up.... something small of use came from that!!

Cena was only there to hype his Sabu match on Sunday.... I don't pay attention to commercials anyway... but did i hear Chris jericho's name tonight ??

TNA will have Jim Cornette returning to run the operation Thursday. That will kick ass.

Heh... go read the spoilers (and remember we get the TNA PPV's here).... the sh!t's flowing right back to the top in TNA.... Samoe Joe needs to kill Big Popping Steriods in SQUASH fashion ... and I don't care if you clear the locker room of X-Dvision guys to do it... but that walking pile of AIDS in Nash can NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT be allowed to beat Sabin, I don't care how much cheating he gets from Shelley :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:10 AM

This too makes me laugh!!

PWInsider.com reports that Orton was indeed injured during an exchange with Kurt Angle, and when the camera was off of him after he tagged out during the tag match ECW main event, Lita was obviously helping him. He was rushed to a hospital via ambulance after the show to have his right arm checked out, and we'll have more on this as it develops.

Karma's a bitch ain't she Randy ??? :P

#26 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:54 AM

Yeah I hated that atleast use a chair or something.

I agree she's hot but I know she isn't going to get naked. Unless she has some wrestling ability keep her off the show. There is no need to take up time during a one hour show.

Didn't see that yet.

Yeah but unfortunately it's a WWE brand so it will keep happening. And they still need to get out of the smackdowns arena I can't believe Cena got cheered and when Edge said ECW and their fans suck he got cheers.

Macho Libre was funny but I hope they don't keep doing it.

That's good but if Jarett and his buddy still have power in booking it's not going to change anything. The show was better so hopefully then can keep getting better and better.

This too makes me laugh!!

PWInsider.com reports that Orton was indeed injured during an exchange with Kurt Angle, and when the camera was off of him after he tagged out during the tag match ECW main event, Lita was obviously helping him. He was rushed to a hospital via ambulance after the show to have his right arm checked out, and we'll have more on this as it develops.

Karma's a bitch ain't she Randy ??? :P

I just saw the match. He did something to his elbow. When he had angles knee and fell on his hands he messed up his elbow. I think it might be dislocated from the replay I had it was definately something with his elbow.

Edited by sandman441, 21 June 2006 - 01:01 AM.

#27 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:19 PM

Hardcore Homecoming was as true as ECW can be. Unfortunately, Vince put a stop to that :evilcry:
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:32 PM

Hardcore Homecoming was as true as ECW can be. Unfortunately, Vince put a stop to that :evilcry:

I suppose... but in a way.. you can't bring back the same exact thing and expect it to work just the same as it did back then (case in point all the Ultimate Warrior crap... nWo... Hogan.... <random face X> vs Vince).... it just doesn't recapture the same magic yet again... and it almost never will (D-X SEEMS to be an exception but even that is different now cause HBK loves Jesus too much to be a REAL Degenerate :P)....you have to adapt to the times and as long as the ratings stay over 2 me thinks EC-Dub II is gonna be a round for a while.....

besides I HATE Shane Dickless, the most overrated wrestler in non-WWE/F History (I know he did wrestle there long ago but he was NEVER relevant)

#29 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:15 PM

I suppose... but in a way.. you can't bring back the same exact thing and expect it to work just the same as it did back then (case in point all the Ultimate Warrior crap... nWo... Hogan.... <random face X> vs Vince).... it just doesn't recapture the same magic yet again... and it almost never will (D-X SEEMS to be an exception but even that is different now cause HBK loves Jesus too much to be a REAL Degenerate :P)....you have to adapt to the times and as long as the ratings stay over 2 me thinks EC-Dub II is gonna be a round for a while.....

besides I HATE Shane Dickless, the most overrated wrestler in non-WWE/F History (I know he did wrestle there long ago but he was NEVER relevant)

DX would probably work fine because all they need to do is act goofy and stay away from the risky things that HBK thinks differently of because of his faith and HHH because hes married to the boss daughter.

Raven, Sandman, Sabu and Douglas were probably the biggest draw in ECW from 95-97
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#30 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:55 PM

WWE is trying to hard to sell ECW.. let Heyman work his magic... enough w/ the WWE star power on ECW tv.. let ECW live on its own.. screw Edge, Cena & Big show.. Hell even Angle does not belong in ECW...

fans lived for ecw becuase it was truly RAW.... this crap now .... not whta ecw was all about....
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#31 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

I haven't watched wrestling since wrestlemania 20 at the garden. I just lost interest in it. I watched last night tough, im really interested in the ECW coming back because ive been following them since they started. I used to go to their events all the time back in the real crazy days of ECW. Im thinking about getting tix to the hammerstein event coming up soon.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 27 June 2006 - 04:13 PM.

#32 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

Forget buying tix to the Hammerstein event ive been watching the ECW show now for a few weeks and it sucks. This is not what ECW shows use to be like. I never had to hear the word "extreme" or "extreme rules" 1000x during a show.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 12 July 2006 - 12:58 PM.

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:15 PM

and if I ever see a DQ Finish again I swear to God!!! :rant:

ONE DQ FINISH in the entire history of ECW and now WWECW will have one a week I'd bet :P

Though I did catch myself chanting WE-C-Dub for the Flair-Show match

and while i'm at it... Kelly needs to simmer in a pool of AIDS for the complete waste of air time she's been.. and take Johnny Ace with you FOR SIGNING HER TO A CONTRACT BASED ON ONE PICTURE SWIMSUIT AD!!

Maybe I'm NOT done ranting yet today

I do like the vignettes to introduce the new people though....

#34 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:06 PM

I am going to quit watching it. The show is really a raw or smackdown 2 and you only get one "extreme" match a night I'm not asking for blood in every match but it is called Extreme Championship Wrestling for a reason. And when big show and Ric flair main event a ECW show I'm out.

#35 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

I am going to quit watching it. The show is really a raw or smackdown 2 and you only get one "extreme" match a night I'm not asking for blood in every match but it is called Extreme Championship Wrestling for a reason. And when big show and Ric flair main event a ECW show I'm out.

I agree.. Flair Big show is a friggin joke!!! the only reason to watch is to see Kelly Strip!!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#36 sandman441

sandman441

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:40 PM

I agree.. Flair Big show is a friggin joke!!! the only reason to watch is to see Kelly Strip!!!

She's hot but I'd rather watch wrestling. She's terrible at it and they will never allow her to go all the way so it's just a waste of time.

#37 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

Didn't I just address this??

There's a time and place for this.. and it's called CINEMAX

Though why should I not be shocked that red likes the "stripper" WHO CAN'T EVEN DANCE!!!
She fvcking STANDS THERE... why do you think they brought Candice over... so the statue can stand there and look stupid !!!

#38 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:08 PM

There is also a place for DQ wrestling its called Raw or smackdown,..

i told you from day 1 that WWE WOULD RUIN ECW...

i AGREE W/ storm its wwecw
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#39 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

The match itself was good until in typical WWE fashion, they let Big Show comeback and win. Flair made that a great match.

It's typical.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#40 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,540 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:42 PM

Derek I actually kinda disagree.... to think about it in reality falling on a bunch of thumbtacks might hurt like hell and if you were a big ogre like the Show... it should piss you off and lead you to finish the guy off... just my opinon

the matches on the WE-C-Dub show are ok.. is the segments and sh!t inbetween are killing me slowly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users