36 replies to this topic

#1 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:50 PM

Right now, in case anyone is interested in tuning in.

Edited by Voros19, 12 June 2006 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#2 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:56 PM

So, whats he sayin'?
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#3 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

Blah blah, how do you like the new NHL, etc.?, questions.

Said the arena in Newark is still going to go up. Talking now about last off-season and how he waited a bit too long with Niedermayer. A new coach is in the near future, and it appears Pat Burns is pretty much out of the question.

A little annoyed they didn't ask about Elias...
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#4 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:01 PM

So the Devs have a coach, but will name him soon, RE: after the Finals, before the draft.

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#5 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:01 PM

So he waited too long for Niedermayer and Niedermayer didn't keep him waiting? Interesting.

Sucks about Burns but it is probably for the best.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#6 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

Doc was on Beningo earlier.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#7 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

So he waited too long for Niedermayer and Niedermayer didn't keep him waiting? Interesting.

Sucks about Burns but it is probably for the best.

Well, he basically said that they waited for Niedermayer to make the decision, and that they sort of handcuffed themselves by doing that since he didn't end up signing.
Posted Image

#8 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

Well, he basically said that they waited for Niedermayer to make the decision, and that they sort of handcuffed themselves by doing that since he didn't end up signing.

Yes, they were waiting for his decision. And, in the end, they couldn't deliver what he wanted, which was to play with his brother. But Lou said he felt he owed it to him because of what he had contributed to the team over the years to wait for the decision, but you can't put that kind of pressure on an organization again, because you wind up in the position they did, without the kind of options you need.

This was inresponse to a question about what he had learned from the first year under the new CBA...which makes mke wonder if he's closer to my opinion on Elias...you don't wait to see what he will do if he makes it to July 1st unsigned.

Edited by SueNJ97, 12 June 2006 - 02:09 PM.

NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#9 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:29 PM

I think we're all of the same mind - no waiting this one out -- put your best offer on the table before July 1 and then start on plan B immediately if you dont have Elias sewn up.

So what's plan B again?

I'm here for the party

#10 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,618 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:35 PM

I think we're all of the same mind - no waiting this one out -- put your best offer on the table before July 1 and then start on plan B immediately if you dont have Elias sewn up.

So what's plan B again?

Panic.

Oh, wait, you meant Lou's plan, didn't you? Sorry, I thought you wanted to know what the board's Plan B was. :doh1: :blush: ;)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#11 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:37 PM

So what's plan B again?

Plan B is centered around damage control and Kool-Aid. I have no other specifics at this point.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#12 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

So what's plan B again?

Plan B is to sign a mediocre LW to a one year deal, maybe sign a mediocre C to a 1 or 2 year deal, hope to make the playoffs, and wait for next season when there are much more lucrative free agents to be had.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#13 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:24 PM

So what's plan B again?

What I see happening - although, since its the offseason the crystal ball is a bit cloudy - is Elias signing somewhere else and, within a week, we announce the signings of Gomez, Gionta and a midlevel free agent wing.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#14 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:47 PM

I have my doubts about Patty staying. If he rolls gotta put your money on Gomerand sign him long term.

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#15 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

Lou's a great GM, but more often than not a lousy interview (as are most GMs). He never gives you much more than the standard, "If there's a deal out there that we think can improve our team, we'll explore it" and the "We'd love to keep [whoever], but we have to be fiscally responsible in doing so." It's not like he's going to come out and let anyone know what his plans really are. The typical Lou Lamoriello (and most GMs)interview: You know just as much after the interview as you did before.

Having said that, it sounds like Lou's not going to sit around waiting for anyone ever again. Good. Last year there clearly wasn't a Plan B. I get the feeling if Elias doesn't sign by July 1, Lou's going to move quickly to do whatever he has to to make up for losing him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 12 June 2006 - 06:22 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#16 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:06 PM

I think Lou knows now that Elias isn't going to sign with the Devils before July 1. I also think Lou knows that he can't make an offer now or after July 1 that Elias will accept. That's why Lou is letting out the message he isn't going to wait and get caught like last season. I also think that Triumph has it correct two cheap mid level wings and a center and wait until 2007/2008 he will know then about the other payers that might go elsewhere, like Gomez if he only signs for 1 year this coming season.

#17 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

Seriously, F Elias if he doesn't sign here. More so than Niedermayer. This team made him who he is and gave him two championships (and will give him more if he stays). I'm so sick of guys walking out the door on us only to languish in mediocrity.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#18 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:25 PM

Yea but Nieder isn't languishing in Mediocrity. They made it to the WCF.

#19 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:39 PM

And that mediocrity is a lot easier to take when you are sitting on a huge pile of money.

People on this board think Elias would say here for, say, 5.5 when he could go to friggin Florida (sorry, I thought that would be the team with the least talent in the NHL right now) for 8. That's 2.5M x, say, 4 years... 10 million dollars he loses. For 10M people on this board would become Ranger fans. Speak all you want about loyalty and this franchise, it is very easy for people on this board to put that ahead of a huge sum of money. The money is certainly less important when its someone else giving it away.
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#20 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:01 PM

He means guys like Guerin, Johnny Mac, Holik, etc.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users