30 replies to this topic

#21 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:36 PM

the only way that i trade gomez for havlat is if i can have both elias and havlat for $11M/year for 5 years. because they'd both be taking discounts and gomez is most likely gone after next year if elias stays.

but i don't think they're playing together anywhere anyway so i think it's just hot air coming from the fact that elias chose the same agent.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#22 brylin18

brylin18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:10 PM

brooks should append the following to his article:

"........or Havlat could have simply recommended his agent to Elias, in which case, please ignore everything written above."

Edited by brylin18, 18 June 2006 - 09:11 PM.

#23 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:16 PM

brooks should append the following to every article:

"........ please ignore everything written above."

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#24 emptynet

emptynet

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:49 PM

If it came down to losing Gomer or Gionta, I would have to say it would be safer for the Devils to lose Gio.
I love the guy. I would say he is a fan favorite of 99.9% of the fans. But losing Gomer would be such a bad blow to the Devils right now. If Gomer leaves, the Devils will have no number one center, and the Devils still have to fill the hole left at the number 2 center spot.
"He tried to run him into next week and only got a day and a half..." Doc Emeric

I think I need to go home and lie down... nothing makes sense any more. - MDDEVSFAN

Official Keeper of the Devils locker room

#25 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

I sure hope guys don't follow the pattern of being groomed and established by the Devils organization only to view their time just as a chance to go for the golden ring contract elsewhere...botoh they usually don't perform as well without the supporting cast they are used to. :(
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#26 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

perhaps we can trade brooks to the sun for the page 3 girl...

or perhaps we can package him with (N)Єverson so he has a friend in the mail room...
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#27 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:03 PM

But on the other hand, I think it's on Patty to show a little loyalty to the organization that believed in him and still committed $4 million to him with his health a big question mark. Lou stuck by Patty when he was at his lowest point- now it's time for Patty to show Lou the same loyalty he was shown. On top of that, Patty should not be holding the organization hostage to get Havlat by threatening to leave. He knows we'd have to trade one of Gomer or Gio for him, and that fvcks with a great chemistry we've built- Patty claims he wants to win- but you can't have it both ways. This team- in my mind- can challenge for the Cup next year if we can pick up a halfway decent PP quarterback and a good second line center. Trading Gomez or Gionta to placate Elias fvcks with that big time in my humble opinion, and I don't want to see it happen. C'mon Patty- you've got a great organization that respects you, fans that love you, and a chance to be the next captain. Do the right thing and sign on the dotted line, and don't pull this Niedermayer sh!t.

MadDog gets it. That's my thoughts exactly on this whole situation. It would be so ungrateful of him to shaft us. As much as Patty has done for the Devils over the years, the Devils have done just as much, if not more for him. Loyalty is a big part of the game.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#28 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:40 AM

If Ottawa wants a Gomer for Havlat deal I would do it. If Elias agrees to sign and we get Havlat it almost guarantee Havlat would sign a longer term deal. Lou would have to look for a center, maybe Arnott but we would be set on offensse and goalie for a long time.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#29 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:56 PM

Trading Gomez makes absolutely no sense.

Hes our only bonafide playmaking offensive centerman.

How do you replace him?
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#30 LIDevsFan1

LIDevsFan1

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

Gionta -- buy low, sell high. Alexander Semak scored 40 goals for us once also.

#31 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:15 PM

Trading Gomez makes absolutely no sense.
Hes our only bonafide playmaking offensive centerman.
How do you replace him?

If Parise wasn't on the team I would say no but I expect big things from him next year. We would also need to try to grab an Arnott
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users